Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RaflW
Hi fellow FTers!
I'm working on updated for the new roll out of Comfort + (C+)
Thanks!
rwoman

On March 1, 2015, DL rebranded Economy Comfort as "Comfort+."
Delta - Comfort+
dl.com: LINK
Comfort+ FAQ - LINK
Offering:
  • C+ is a complimentary upgrade (space available) for DM and PM after booking. GM can access for free at T-72 and FO at T-24. (There is no longer a discount for GM/FO.)
  • Sky Priority boarding
  • Extra legroom and, on international a/c, extra recline
  • Free wine, spirits and regional craft beers, plus premium snacks
  • Complimentary premium entertainment from Delta Studio™ (No longer relevant as of July 1st; Entertainment now complimentary in Y)
  • On JFK-LAX/SFO flights, a Luvo® sandwich wrap and frozen Greek yogurt bar, pillow, blanket, and sleep kit are included

A few general notes regarding DL C+:
  1. On international a/c, the bulkhead seats often have a significant amount leg room (other than the 764).
  2. The bulkhead and exit row seats are often narrower as the tray table and/or IFE unit are in the arm rests. The arm rests do not move which, coupled with a smaller seat, can be uncomfortable for larger pax.
  3. The first row of regular economy seating after EC IS NOT recommended. The last row of EC has the EC recline and members have reported that there's no extra space between this row and the first row of regular Y.
  4. Selecting C+ Seats - You cannot select or purchase C+ seats until after booking is completed on revenue or award tickets. The UG has to clear as well.
Internationally Configured Aircraft
Per DL, International/transoceanic C+ offers 35" pitch and 6" recline. (LINK)

747-400 / 744 / 74S:
  • dl.com seat map: 747-400
    Rows 22-26 - 42 total C+ seats.
  • Legroom:
    Row 22 ABC/HJK and 24 DEFG are the bulkhead seats. 22C/H are noted as having unlimited legroom and some have noted that people can congregate due to the proximity of the lavatories, which are located directly in front of the first row of C+ on the 744. 22ABC have recently received poor reviews because of the lav and galley - people tend to congregate in this area and it can become stinky. Comments on 22K indicate that pax can access the aisle without disturbing other passengers. Also, the lavatory near 22HJK is blocked for BusinessElite pax, so there tends to be fewer disturbances and become less smelly over the course of a long flight. Also, seats 22B and 22J can be used for bassinets.
    Some might prefer the legroom of row 35/51 on the 744 with less recline and tray in armrest.
  • Related Threads and Posts:
    EC Bulkheads on the 74S
    Economy Comfort on 747-400
    The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread
    tentseller's review of the 744 - LINK
    Comments on seat power on the 74S - LINK

777-200LR / 777-200ER / 772
  • dl.com seat maps: 777-200LR / 777-200ER
    Rows 31-34; 36 C+ seats
    NOTE: As DL reduced the number of Business Elite seats on the 777s, rows 29-32 are now the C+ seats.
    The C+/Economy seats on a/c has winged headrests.
  • Legroom:
    Row 29/31 seats are the bulkhead seats and have plenty of leg room. Rows 30-32/32-34 are standard C+ seats with USB and plug power. Row 44 (exit row) has excellent legroom, but no power outlets. The window seat sin this row are narrower because the tray table is in the armrest does not move up. The recline is standard recline.
    IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat.
    Recent comments on row 31 and row 29 (Bulkhead C+ seats): Delta 777 Bulkhead Seat
    chimphappyhour's feedback on a 777 flight LAX-SYD-LAX in EC - LINK.
    Thoughts on Row 31 - LINK
    modhop's video of the 777 - LINK
    My thoughts on row 35, the first row of Y after EC - LINK
    My pictures of row 31 - LINK
    777-200LR Economy Comfort & exit row questions

A330-300 / A333:
A330-200 / A332:
767-400 / 764 / 76D:
  • dl.com seat map: LINK
    C+ is rows 15-18
  • Legroom:
    On the 764, the bulkhead seats (row 15) have less leg room than the 763's; there's probably about 2' or so between the edge of the seat and the wall. The bulkhead seats do not have moveable arm rests and the tray table/IFE monitor are in the arm rests. In my experience, I felt like the A332/333 and 763's had better recline in EC than the 764.
  • IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat.
    Note: The overhead bins above 16 CDE have emergency equipment in them and cannot be used for stowage of luggage.
    Discussion on 17E vs. 18F: LINK
    mgoflyer's negative thoughts on 15G - LINK
    tentseller's thoughts on row 15 - LINK
    NecessaryIndulgence's thoughts on row 15 - LINK
    My pictures of Row 15: 15E: LINK; Space between Row 15 and the bulkhead - LINK
    My pictures comparing Row 15, "regular" EC, and normal Y seats - LINK
    My pictures of 18F with 17F fully reclined - LINK
    The London FAQ also includes many comments on the 764 - FAQ: Flying to London on DL

767-300ER - 76Z (v1 and v2) / 76L (previously seen as 76W) / 76T
  • dl.com: 76Z v1; 76Z v2; 76L; 76T
    • 76Z v1 - Rows 13-15 AB CDE FG and 16-17 AB FG
    • 76Z v2 - Rows 12-16
    • 76L - Rows 16-21
    • 76T - Rows 17-21
  • IFE:
    These a/c are equipped with IFE at each seat. There is also USB power and standard plugs.
  • Legroom:
    The bulkhead seats do not have moveable arm rests. On 763's with row 20 and 21 as EC seats, note these are both exit rows and seats recline in both rows.
    rwoman's pics of seats 13 FG on the 76Z v1 - LINK
    gooslee's comments on the 76L - LINK
    CarmenOM's comments on the 76L - LINK
    Y29M's comments on the 763 row 17 (76T) - LINK
    rwoman's thoughts on the modified 76 (76T) - LINK
    53flyer's comments on the modified763 row 17 and the impact on legroom (76T) - LINK
    rwoman's comments on the exit rows (76L and 76T) - LINK
    garyfam's comments on the exit rows (76L and 76T) - LINK
    Seat 1A's photos of 17E (EC Bulkhead - 76T) and row 22CDE (regular Y bulkhead) (76L / 76T) - LINK
    CosmoHuman's comments on the outside first row (12AB and 12FG) on the 76Z v2 LINK
    TrojanTraveler's comments on the protruding exit doors on 12A and 12G on 76Z v2 LINK
    RaflW's comments on 16AB and other nearby seats with pics for the 76Z v2 LINK

757-200 (Delta One Equipped) - 75S:

Domestic Configured Aircraft
Per DL, domestic Comfort + offers a minimum 34" pitch and normal recline. (LINK)

767-300 / 76P / 76Q
  • dl.com: 767-300 (76Q/P)
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • Legroom: Row 10 has a hard bulkhead in front of it, but the legroom is still decent. This row has an immoveable armrest and the tray table is in the armrest as well.
    gooselee's comments on row 10 - LINK

757-300 / 753:
757-200 / 757 / 75D(H)/ 75X:
Domestic 757's are referenced below. Discussion on the non-PTV 752's - LINK.
737-900ER / 739
  • dl.com: 737-900ER / 739
    C+ is rows 10-13 ABC and 11-13 DEF.
  • IFE:
    This a/c has PTVs and power.
  • Legroom:
    The general feedback is 10C and 11D may be the best seats. Overall feedback is not great.
    twnwz's experience on the 739: LINK
    Best seat on 737-900ER?

737-800 / 738 / 73H:
  • 737-800 / 738:
    • dl.com:
    • 737-800 / 738
      C+ is rows 10-15
    • IFE:
      This a/c has overhead video.
    • Legroom:
      Row 10 has standard bulkhead legroom for an economy bulkhead, making it challenging to get out from the window seat.
      T.J. Bender's negative feedback on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
      cardood's thoughts on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
      CBear's comments on using a rear facing car seat - LINK
      lhitchner's feedback on the 737 Row 10 - LINK
  • 737-800 / 73H:
    • dl.com: 737-800 - 73H
      C+ is rows 10-12.
    • IFE:
      This a/c has PTVs.
    • Legroom:
      Row 10 has standard bulkhead legroom for an economy bulkhead, making it challenging to get out from the window seat.
    • Related Threads and Comments:
      None

737-700 / 73W:
  • dl.com: 737-700 / 73W
    C+ is rows 10-12.
  • IFE:
    This a/c has PTVs.
  • Legroom:
    Row 10 has good legroom. It is directly behind the F cabin and there is no fixed bulkhead, allowing pax in row 10 to store items underneath row 3.
    rwoman's pics of the 73W Row 10 - LINK

MD-88 / M88:
  • dl.com: MD-88 / M88
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    Row 10 has very good legroom.
    javabytes' post on row 11 - LINK
    Bicostal's feedback on row 10 - LINK
    rwoman's pics of row 10 - LINK

MD-90 / M90
717:
A321-200:
  • dl.com: A321
    C+ is rows 10-14
  • IFE:
    PTVs and Delta Studio via wifi
  • Legroom:
    RaflW's post on the 321 C+ cabin
  • Related threads and posts:
    None

A320-200 / 32R:
  • dl.com: A320/32R
    C+ is rows 4-6
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments

A320-200/32K
  • dl.com: A320 / 32K
    C+ is rows 10-12
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related threads and posts:
    None

A319-100/319
  • dl.com: A319 / 319
    C+ is rows 4-6
  • IFE:
    None
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related Threads and posts:
    akonrandi's comments on A319/A320 seats - LINK.

A319-100/31J
  • dl.com: A319 / 31J
    C+ is rows 10-12
  • IFE:
    This a/c is equipped with AVOD
  • Legroom:
    No additional comments
  • Related Threads and posts:
    None

Flying to Hawaii in C+:
- From DL's C+ page: 3-4" (7-10 cm) extra legroom/ Up to 50% more recline on select routes (JFK to/from SFO or LAX, and ATL/MSP/or JFK to/from HNL).

Related threads and posts:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...767-300er.html

C+ and Priority Boarding/Baggage Allowance:
Passengers in C+ get Sky Priority boarding unless their elite status provides a higher boarding zonemu access. There is no additional baggage allowance unless elite status or fare class provide it.

Related threads and posts:
jamersteroh's comments on zone 1: LINK
jamersteroh's comments on baggage: LINK

Status Changes:
There have been a couple of questions regarding C+ when a member's status drops down after January 31. Typically, seats will hold unless there is an equipment change. If there's a change, the passenger(s) will most likely be seated in regular economy. There are reports of some success contacting @delta to get reseated in C+.

Related threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-ec-seats.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...op-silver.html

Threads/posts that may be useful for non-C+ information:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-aircraft.html
Delta Preferred seating: LINK

KLM - Economy Comfort

klm.com: LINK
Related FT Threads:
KLM New no Economy Comfort on DL-coded before check-in
DL.com won't let me select seats on KLM flight
KLM Seating, Including Economy Comfort
Delta.com Says KLM Economy Comfort is Free for Delta PMs, But it's Not True
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Comfort+ Seating

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hawaiian Air Fold, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Flying the 752 from SFO-HNL. This must be the AVOD equipped aircraft. Currently have 18DE reserved both ways. It is the bulkhead exit and not currently highlighted as EC. A couple of questions. Is the lavatory and galley on this configuration that are just ahead of the seats for the Business Class cabin- or will this possibly be an area where coach passengers may congregate as they are awaiting use of the lavs? At this point I would be able to switch to EC in row 20, 21, or 22. It is interesting that only the ABC seats are listed as EC. Does this mean that the seats across the aisle (DEF) do not offer the extra recline?
On the LAX-HNL route it is the 757-300 and the best seats by far are imho row 40 C or D. There is about 7-8 feet of space in front of that row as it is an exit row and the lavs are ahead of that. After the meal some folks line up but other than that you can stretch out.

I am trying EC on the 767 over tomorrow, but have 40 C on the way back on Friday. I will look at the EC seats on the 753 as I pass them but no a good thing in row 40. (the only downside is waiting for the whole plane to clear on landing but I have a connection so no hurry for me.)

I had to fly HAL last month's trip so haven't had a chance to use EC yet. A couple of long trips this month so more to learn.

PS: I chickened out and changed my 767-300 flight LAX to HNL tomorrow to an exit row. Seat Guru shows the correct map for the plane but calls the EC seats standard coach seats. I suppose I didn't really believe Delta had spent money on changing plane interiors when they can simply use existing seat configurations that give slightly more pitch in some areas of the plane and can call them "better" seats and charge for them.

I think it is pretty general that many configurations have an inch or two of pitch difference towards the front of the cabin.

I will stop and measure the seat pitch as I get on tomorrow and try and report back but I anticipate seeing the same old seats that have been on that plane for years.

Perry

Last edited by pkincy; Jul 29, 2012 at 1:36 pm
Old Jul 29, 2012, 2:38 pm
k2

Yes, it really is that bad; compared with DL's other int'l products, the 763 is a turd.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
I am flying on ATL-LGA this Friday and back on Sunday and wanted to see if our 22A/B and 23A/B seats had windows. I really hope they do, but I guess we'll see. I am more concerned with 22A/B having a window. It would be nicer to see NYC upon arrival than departure for us.
Confirmed: The only row that doesn't have a window in Economy Comfort on the non-PTV 757 is 22DEF. Every other set, in Economy Comfort, has a window.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by pkincy
PS: I chickened out and changed my 767-300 flight LAX to HNL tomorrow to an exit row. Seat Guru shows the correct map for the plane but calls the EC seats standard coach seats. I suppose I didn't really believe Delta had spent money on changing plane interiors when they can simply use existing seat configurations that give slightly more pitch in some areas of the plane and can call them "better" seats and charge for them.
EC has never been presented as being different seats. On all a/c (domestic or international), EC are regular Y seats.

More legroom/recline = better than a standard Y seat in many cases.

It all comes down to preferences and how people want to spend their money.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Economy Seat Choice on a 757-200ER

Which would you choose?

Mrs. Yogimax and I will be flying LAX-JFK on a 757-200ER.

The choices...

18DE - which are two seats alone with no one in front and highly rated by seat guru... but NOT Economy Choice

or

19BC - which are Economy Choice exit row BUT would have someone seated in 19A
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: DL GM
I have not sat in 19 cd. But I saw a couple there and they looked perfectly happy. Beware of 18bc. Cuz the slide sticks our pretty far into 18a and that persons legs will definitely be up in your business!

Last edited by sectflyer; Jul 31, 2012 at 7:26 am
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This should be useful regarding the Economy Comfort seats:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html

See post #1.

Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:02 am

Personally I prefer 18 D/E as there is no window seat and if you are boarding through L2 19 B/C get bumped like crazy because nobody seems to know how to control their roll-aboards. This is moreso on JFK-LAX because you do not have the booze that you get on international EC
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
Personally I prefer 18 D/E as there is no window seat and if you are boarding through L2 19 B/C get bumped like crazy because nobody seems to know how to control their roll-aboards. This is moreso on JFK-LAX because you do not have the booze that you get on international EC
You are dealing with NY and LA drivers
Old Jul 30, 2012, 2:40 pm

Do 18DE have extra recline even though they are not considered Economy Comfort.? Are the middle seats in EC the last to fill usually? I am wondering as a couple traveling together if we should chance reserving an aisle and window seat in EC with the hopes that the middle seat would remain empty. At 9 weeks out an upcoming flight looks to be relatively empty.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Redeemed
Do 18DE have extra recline even though they are not considered Economy Comfort.? Are the middle seats in EC the last to fill usually? I am wondering as a couple traveling together if we should chance reserving an aisle and window seat in EC with the hopes that the middle seat would remain empty. At 9 weeks out an upcoming flight looks to be relatively empty.
AFAIK, no - they are regular Y seats and do not have extra recline.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold
Have an upcoming DL flight and don't fly them often. Does purchasing EC include priority access through TSA checkpoints for general members. I noticed it included Zone 1 boarding, but nothing about security.

My apologies if this has been already answered as I couldn't find it in a search.

Last edited by rzsionak; Jul 31, 2012 at 8:17 am
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by rzsionak
Have an upcoming DL flight and don't fly them often. Does purchasing EC include priority access through TSA checkpoints for general members. I noticed it included Zone 1 boarding, but nothing about security.

My apologies if this has been already answered as I couldn't find it in a search.
No. Zone 1 is not priority for security check points.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
No. Zone 1 is not priority for security check points.
Does DL offer any other kind of priority access for security; I'm still waiting on my GE interview to get pre-check. I couldn't find anything on Delta's site, but may not know where to look. Don't want a 30 min security wait at DCA as I've been getting of late in US terminals.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by rzsionak
Does DL offer any other kind of priority access for security; I'm still waiting on my GE interview to get pre-check. I couldn't find anything on Delta's site, but may not know where to look. Don't want a 30 min security wait at DCA as I've been getting of late in US terminals.
Only way I know of to use Skypriority security line is if you are Gold+ (silver in a few airports) or have a first class ticket. I had heard that if you have the Delta Reserve Am Ex ($450 a year fee) you could also use the SP lane. Not sure of any other way. I haven't had a problem with lines at DCA but I always fly out on a sunday late afternoon which isn't a peak travel time from DCA

Not sure how GE works for the trusted traveller program at DCA if you don't have medal. At DTW where I fly out of you have to show your boarding pass to get in the Skypriority lane and wait in line as usual and then if you get the three beeps the agent directs you to the far left lane. At LAS you just go up and have the agent scan your BP and he will send you through the precheck line if you get the three beeps. At LAX you tell the agent you are eligible for precheck and there is a different line for it.

Precheck is random though and won't work on international flights. I am 100% on domestic flights luckilly and it is a huge time saver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.