Wiki Posts
Search

SLC-HNL-SLC upgraded to 767-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
SLC-HNL-SLC upgraded to 767-300ER

As of the November schedule I notice my flight has gone from 767-300 domestic configuration to the 767-300ER ex-Gulf Air config.

Compared to the standard domestic F seats, the 60" pitch on the BE seats and extra recline is a significant upgrade.

For Y, good amount of Economy Comfort, plus I believe AVOD has now been installed?

Seems to be on daily flights on this route as of November. ^
Old Sep 20, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: Delta DM MM
My flight in January HNL-LAX has been upgraded to 767 BE config. Suspect it is temporary change though. Happy for the extra room. If you are booked in FC I would recommend staying away from row 6 though. (if Delta changes back to domestic 767, row 6 is gone and you will be in coach as all passengers will likely be "Paid" FC)
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:04 am

Unless something happens really quickly I do not believe any of the 76G's have been converted to AVOD in coach so if you are flying in Y on these aircraft (except for Y+) it will be a downgrade
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:32 am

It's actually a downgauge, not an upgrade, considering the significant loss in seating. Of course, First will experience an upgraded product whereas Coach will have a downgraded.

The bad news is that this downgauge is part of a significant systemwide reduction in domestic 763 flying upcoming this late fall & winter season. It'll be interesting to see if the 763-A returns during the spring, or if these changes will become permanent.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Bagels
The bad news is that this downgauge is part of a significant systemwide reduction in domestic 763 flying upcoming this late fall & winter season. It'll be interesting to see if the 763-A returns during the spring, or if these changes will become permanent.
Back to the desert for most of the domestic 763s, is it?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: Starwood
Originally Posted by Denal1
My flight in January HNL-LAX has been upgraded to 767 BE config. Suspect it is temporary change though. Happy for the extra room. If you are booked in FC I would recommend staying away from row 6 though. (if Delta changes back to domestic 767, row 6 is gone and you will be in coach as all passengers will likely be "Paid" FC)
its actually been updated on the SLC & LAX schedule for about 3 weeks now.

it leaves LAX-HNL on the 8:20am daily from November, quick turnaround; HNL-LAX on the 1:25pm.

why would passengers in row 6 of F be downgraded to coach?? there are no free upgrades to FC on the Hawaii flights, so every passenger in FC paid for a seat in some kind of way. This would become an IDB i think.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
My 10/30 SLC-HNL (1105) flight still shows the "domestic" plane. My 11/4 HNL-SLC (1104) flight shows the 6 row 767. So, it looks like they may be phasing it in. As far as AVOD goes, I just double-checked the "details" section of my reservation and the flights in both directions show personal entertainment, not the mass TV...
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
They are still tinkering my SLC-HNL flight 15Dec was booked with an ER (6 row) plane then downgraded to the domestic (5 row) and so I called and canceled...
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by naijaman

why would passengers in row 6 of F be downgraded to coach?? there are no free upgrades to FC on the Hawaii flights, so every passenger in FC paid for a seat in some kind of way. This would become an IDB i think.
As you said, everyone is on some form of "Paid" ticket. If a domestic 767 is substituted, there is no row 6. So choices are, try to take another flight in FC which will be very difficult around the holidays as these flights are booked months in advance or take a seat in coach and ask for compensation. If a sub is made, someone will lose a seat. If all are paid customers, it can come down to seat numbers. Anyone who has flown Delta long enough has had this happen with the 757 fleet.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Denal1
As you said, everyone is on some form of "Paid" ticket. If a domestic 767 is substituted, there is no row 6. So choices are, try to take another flight in FC which will be very difficult around the holidays as these flights are booked months in advance or take a seat in coach and ask for compensation. If a sub is made, someone will lose a seat. If all are paid customers, it can come down to seat numbers. Anyone who has flown Delta long enough has had this happen with the 757 fleet.
My bet is that some passengers will be on "A" class tickets. I'd also bet that they would be the first to lose FC.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by RobertH
My bet is that some passengers will be on "A" class tickets. I'd also bet that they would be the first to lose FC.
I have been told by phone agent that non status/low status passengers on Award tickets are first to go....Hawaii is a big destination for award tickets booked in FC. Cant verify any of this...
Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
I'm on a paid H ticket with miles for upgrade, so chose row 1 (AC).

Given I was expecting domestic F config, a BE configured aircraft would be a definite bonus.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Vuelos
They are still tinkering my SLC-HNL flight 15Dec was booked with an ER (6 row) plane then downgraded to the domestic (5 row) and so I called and canceled...
No tinkering, just poor decision making on DL's end.

SLC-HNL was originally sold as a 763A, but switched to an -ER in mid-summer. Problem is, that's a loss of over 50 seats into the Hawaii market during its busiest travel season and many of the SLC flights were lead into oversells.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Any recent reports of DL subbing in the Intl config 767 on this route with any regularity? I'm looking at a trip via SLC in April and it's the dreaded 763. Absolute worst FC product in the entire DL system.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:50 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Any recent reports of DL subbing in the Intl config 767 on this route with any regularity? I'm looking at a trip via SLC in April and it's the dreaded 763. Absolute worst FC product in the entire DL system.
You obviously haven't been on the 737-900. The 763 is pretty bad, but not as bad as that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.