FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Comfort+ Seating
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2016, 6:30 am
TrojanTraveler

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by lamprey
Raising this issue again as I haven't found anything in the Wiki or rest of the thread with details or photos. Can anyone confirm that 12AB and 12FG on the 76Z v2 are truly lousy (either from the door protruding, lack of window, or immediate adjacency to the lavatories)? A Seatguru reviewer was quite negative about the whole first row of C+ on 73Z v2.
If you are in the window seat, the door definitely protrudes. Not a great situation. You will also have people congregating there at times. The other fun fact is that, at least on the transcons, DL will switch these planes around the 24 hour mark or so, which means row 12 can disappear. Who knows where you will then end up. I used to only book row 13 on these flights when in the back, but lately whenever DL switches the plane, it seems all the seat assignments are thrown into the air and see where they land.

I was in row 13, on a plane with row 12 the first row, actually watched the seat map at the 24 hour mark as I don't trust DL, and they not only changed the plane (so that row 13 was the bulkhead, which I prefer in that set up), but they booted me out of my seat to a far less preferable one. I immediately called and was told the usual lies that they couldn't move the seat, that someone else had already chosen it, etc. ...even though I told them I was watching it, they just changed the plane, and that they just moved my seat in the last 10 minutes. Unbelievable. They refused to move me back. So tired of the DL bs of not doing the right thing.