Search

757s

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM; Marriott Titanium
757s

Delta just tweeted...

@DeltaNewsroom: Updated @delta 757’s to start serving JFK-LAX with full flat-bed seats in BusinessElite on July 1, 2014 http://t.co/TKMEXS1azX
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by mspflier
Delta just tweeted...

@DeltaNewsroom: Updated @delta 757’s to start serving JFK-LAX with full flat-bed seats in BusinessElite on July 1, 2014 http://t.co/TKMEXS1azX
It'll be nice to see this happen!!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Man, when will JFK-SFO feel the love? No 767s, and no flatbed 757s until summer 2015? DL is not keeping up with competitors on this route.

Also, the full post contains links to pics! Would not like to be the one clambering over a fully reclined aisle seatmate (on second thought, I guess it depends on the seatmate @:-))

Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-...130000913.html

AA's new A321s will feature about the same Business Class setup with 20 J seats arranged 2-2. Direct aisle access is reserved for F, with 10 suites arranged 1-1.

Climbing over the aisle seat occupant doesn't look fun, but transcons are relatively short flights.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Regarding their statement: "Each seat is 20 inches wide – expandable up to 22 inches", does anyone know how that will be accomplished?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
Regarding their statement: "Each seat is 20 inches wide – expandable up to 22 inches", does anyone know how that will be accomplished?
Probably like on many other biz seats - the armrest retracts down to provide more width around the shoulders when in the bed position.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Originally Posted by bennytma
Probably like on many other biz seats - the armrest retracts down to provide more width around the shoulders when in the bed position.
I like your quote from Teddy Rossevelt!^
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Given the rate at which they are upgrading 767s and A330s now, I'm surprised this roll-out is taking so long
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by bennytma
Thanks for the info. I don't believe I've ever seen that feature before, or at least I didn't know it was there.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Thanks for the info. I don't believe I've ever seen that feature before, or at least I didn't know it was there.
I'm not sure I've seen it on DL a/c...or at least I missed it too. AA's new 77W J seats have this feature and it's kinda cool.

Old Oct 29, 2013, 3:09 pm

Upgrade policies - JFK-LAX to be changed?

With the new flat-bed on the go, I think DL might adopt UA's PS upgrade policy to align with their existing policies with HNL that only miles+copay or SWU will be able to get you on these flights. YBM, or K+ and SWU to upgrade the transcon....
Old Oct 29, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
With the new flat-bed on the go, I think DL might adopt UA's PS upgrade policy to align with their existing policies with HNL that only miles+copay or SWU will be able to get you on these flights. YBM, or K+ and SWU to upgrade the transcon....
Maybe....but I doubt it. My sense is that this route serves a lot of business travelers who purchase last minute tickets, which are probably very expensive coach fares (with corporate policies not allowing F purchases). I also think that it tends to be mostly diamonds and plats that are getting the free upgrade on this route....so if you fly this route a lot and can only buy coach, DL's current policy is a huge incentive to stick with them, and I'm sure that Delta is more than happy to upgrade people who paid close to $2K for a coach ticket.

Also, this product has been all business elite for several years now. Granted it was the older style seats, but the seat and service still far exceeded any other domestic F cabin.

Last edited by jdrtravel; Oct 29, 2013 at 4:31 pm
Old Oct 29, 2013, 3:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Would not like to be the one clambering over a fully reclined aisle seatmate (on second thought, I guess it depends on the seatmate @:-))
That looks like a really difficult climb with very little space between the armrest extension and the back of the forward seats. Looks even tighter than UA's new ps. Note also, you can see from the photos there's going to be an issue with too-small footwells (a much discussed issue on UA's 752s).
Old Oct 29, 2013, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The arm rests lowers on the 777 DL BE flat bed seats. It helps a lot as otherwise the arm rest tends to jab you when you move during sleep.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I have not flown in a flat bed J cabin yet, only the old style. I wonder if these flat beds might actually be easier to climb over than the cradle style seats? They look like the bed is bit lower to the ground. Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.