Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

When will the transcon 757-200 BE lie flat's be ready?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:34 am
Used to be 'jwienner'
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle

Although this is somewhat of a moot point, seeing as DL has nixed the medallion upgrades transcon.. When will they finish upgrading the 752's? I tweeted at Delta/DeltaAssist a few months ago, jokingly asking this and I recall them saying some time in Feb 2014. Just looked a flight in May, June & July on this route and DL.dumb shows no lie flats.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
Re:

Sea -Atl has had one pretty regularly for a couple weeks.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Khssoccer16
Sea -Atl has had one pretty regularly for a couple weeks.
I don't think this is what the OP was asking about. The 75Es have been around for a while with the cradle seating.

OP is likely wondering when the 757 mods to convert to flatbeds will be done. I think DL only will have maybe one done by June/July and then modify the additional ones starting in the fall and be complete by the end of 2015.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:02 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by AirTheory
Just looked a flight in May, June & July on this route and DL.dumb shows no lie flats.
What route is that?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20340693

I don't think modifications have started yet. They said mods would start in 2014, so I wouldn't expect to see them for a while. Probably won't load them into the system until the ships are actually in for mods. Since the seat map will be the same, it will be easy to swap them for the old aircraft with minimal disruption.

I'd guess that we won't see them show up on DL.com until it's a near 100% certainty that they will be on a flight. It's better to advertise old product and make people happy when they get the new stuff, rather than advertise the new lie flats and not be able to deliver.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by AirTheory
I tweeted at Delta/DeltaAssist a few months ago, jokingly asking this and I recall them saying some time in Feb 2014.
The 75E mods will definitely not finish in Feb 2014. They probably won't even start until another few months from now, and probably won't finish until late 2014 or early 2015 (by my speculation).
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:56 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
I thought I heard SEA-JFK would be lie flat this summer?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...6724-757s.html

In summary, the first 75S aircraft will debut on JFK-LAX on 7/1/2014. JFK-SEA and JFK-SFO will follow (unspecified dates). The 75E to 75S conversions will be complete by summer 2015.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.