Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Disappointed in EC on new A330 vs older 767

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2014, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Kryptonium Medallion, Hilton HHonors Diamond

Title says it all. I flew STR to ATL last night and the seat's recline and width were amazing compared to the new A330.

i was in seat 18A on a 76T and it was perfect and I was even able to sleep without waking up with a backache thanks to how far the recline is.

Flew the A330 in 13G on the way to AMS on the inbound and was really not happy with how very little recline it had. Maybe because that was the last row of EC? Still; did they stealthily reduce the recline on EC on these new retrofits?
Old Jul 5, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Some of the EC seats on the 767's are overly generous, just because they couldn't squeeze another row of seat from prior modification. A330 seats are I believe the current standards.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Kryptonium Medallion, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Then I'll stick to flying that AC until they decide it to update it again. A330's seats suck
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:15 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by JulienMSP
Then I'll stick to flying that AC until they decide it to update it again. A330's seats suck
This is why, friends don't let friends NOT fly BusinessElite.

You never have these problems in 2J on an A330-200/300.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
This is why, friends don't let friends NOT fly BusinessElite.

You never have these problems in 2J on an A330-200/300.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have seen you speak often of 2J as your preference for the 330s. I normally go with 2A but the seat was taken when I changed my reservation so I am in 2J and curious what you like about this particular seat.

My flight is this Wed (AMS-DTW) and I have an EF alert set for 2A but doubt the seat will open up even at the last minute as was the case on the outbound ATL-AMS.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 4:59 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Xeno
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have seen you speak often of 2J as your preference for the 330s. I normally go with 2A but the seat was taken when I changed my reservation so I am in 2J and curious what you like about this particular seat.

My flight is this Wed (AMS-DTW) and I have an EF alert set for 2A but doubt the seat will open up even at the last minute as was the case on the outbound ATL-AMS.
Totally personal preference. I prefer that side. I'd say 2A is totally equivalent.

I think these seats are debatable (as the "best"), since many don't like being served last (back to front, as you know). In my opinion, this really hasn't been an issue. I always seem to get a good few hours sleep (eastbound); and I've noticed quite a few totally skip meal service (on the red-eye) so it's not that bad, service wise, IMO.

I just like the fact that there is no galley (and noise) in the front of this plane. For a daytime (westbound) flight, perhaps, this is not that much of an issue; but I personally still prefer it.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond
To each his own, I guess.

I find the seats on the 737-700s, 737-800s, 767-300s, 777s, 747s and MD90s to be hard as a rock. My butt starts to hurt after about 2.5 hours. On a really long flight I am typically sore for a day or so afterwards.

I find the new seats being installed on the 737-900, 757-300s and A330s to be much more comfortable on the bum. I can fly a long flight and not feel like I had been physically abused at the end of it.

I am pretty sure there is no actual difference in EC recline, as I am quite certain it is a set amount in Intl EC, but it might be that the seats on the 763s articulate in a way that makes it feel more generous. But still, bum comfort makes me like the A330 (and 739/753) seats much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.