Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
ATL, MSP, DTW—seems you are doing the tour de hubs! Why not add on SLC !?

I can only speak to MSP F/G in the late afternoon and evening time. Self-serve soda, coffee and espresso. Full service bar. Beers on tap are Michelob Ultra, a mango blonde beer, and I believe an IPA. All pre-packaged foods. The items I seem to remember from recent trips (which hasn’t seemed to change much) include:
  • Two sandwich varieties (don’t recall what kind but I didn’t really care much for either)
  • Kale Caesar Salad
  • Chickpeas
  • Ramen (pro tip: only peel back the top enough to get water in and don’t leave the fork in the hot water—it will melt!)
  • Hummus and Ritz crackers
  • Snacks same as on board offerings (Cheeze-its, Granola bar, Biscoff)
  • Bananas (and maybe another fruit?)
  • Cookies

I’m usually able to make a light meal out of it but if you are looking for something more substantial, Stone Arch restaurant just outside the F/G club has been a favorite of mine ever since it opened. I’m not sure if their menu remains pared down as it was this spring, but their breakfast, lunch and dinner menus have always been excellent.

The MSP F/G club has been surprisingly full in recent weeks—not sure if that will die down now that we are past Labor Day. I’d estimate the club being about 80% as full as pre-COVID as of recent (though they are down to only one club at MSP right now).
I was in ATL last Saturday afternoon. F club was packed both inside and out. I left after one drink and went back to A. Not sure why they have the wing of seats leading to where the showers hall is blocked off still, but opening that up would have helped relieve a bit of the crowding. If you're there in the morning it may be a bit quieter, but next time I'm there in the afternoon I won't bother making the trip out unless the showers are reopened or they reopen the other half of the club. A17 was also very full (it was a Saturday so A Centerpoint was closed). I would guess other days of the week may not be as bad, but honestly I'd never go to A17 if Centerpoint was open anyway.

"Food" is as described above. The only revision I'd make is that in ATL I didn't see any chickpeas however they did have a cold pasta salad as well as a cold edamame/corn salad. It was the same throughout the clubs I visited. It's alright if you're looking for a light snack, but if you're connecting from one flight to another that has no meal service, you might want to venture into the terminal for an actual meal. PF Changs in A was open and is probably one of the more decent dining options right now in ATL. OFS and Ecco are both closed still.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 10:59 am

JFK T4 Empty

At JFK Terminal 4, literally 3 people here
Old Sep 13, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by dmbolp
At JFK Terminal 4, literally 3 people here
I had a similar experience in July. Had a flight around 9am, and total of 10 people there. I thought, what a sad state we are in. Even plane spotting on the sky deck was not great...planes taking off maybe every 10 min, and many of those were JetBlue. At least I did see an Emirates 380 parked at a gate.

Trying to find a positive, at least in the club with only 10 people, and all wearing masks, I didn’t have to listen to yet another boorish cellphone conversation
flyertalker28120 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I had a similar experience in July. Had a flight around 9am, and total of 10 people there. I thought, what a sad state we are in. Even plane spotting on the sky deck was not great...planes taking off maybe every 10 min, and many of those were JetBlue. At least I did see an Emirates 380 parked at a gate.

Trying to find a positive, at least in the club with only 10 people, and all wearing masks, I didn’t have to listen to yet another boorish cellphone conversation
With NY’s quarantine restriction, it makes sense that there isn’t a lot of travel right now in the area. Until that lifts, I doubt there will be much traffic. Also JFK being heavily international, I’m sure that also massively impacts the traffic. In my travels a week ago I visited MIA, LAX, ATL, and MCO. LAX, ATL, and MCO were all quite busy, in fact T2 at LAX I would consider to be packed with deep security and check in lines and little social distancing. I got the heck out of there as fast as I could, even with my N95 on, I was somewhat uncomfortable.

Surprised you saw an EK A380. I was under the impression they were only going to LHR and CDG at the moment.
flyertalker28120 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by cmd320
With NY’s quarantine restriction, it makes sense that there isn’t a lot of travel right now in the area. Until that lifts, I doubt there will be much traffic. Also JFK being heavily international, I’m sure that also massively impacts the traffic. In my travels a week ago I visited MIA, LAX, ATL, and MCO. LAX, ATL, and MCO were all quite busy, in fact T2 at LAX I would consider to be packed with deep security and check in lines and little social distancing. I got the heck out of there as fast as I could, even with my N95 on, I was somewhat uncomfortable.

Surprised you saw an EK A380. I was under the impression they were only going to LHR and CDG at the moment.
The EK 380 could have been cargo. But it was parked at an A gate.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
SFO bar closed. Respectable enough variety of packaged snacks (including fresh food items) with staff behind rope to hand to you.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Zorak
Escape is closed. PGA looks like it might be open? I saw staff inside anyway (I didn't go upstairs)
Escape at MSP is definitely closed. The golf shop and bar at PGA are open, but the club portion appeared closed with the lights off.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
ATL, MSP, DTW—seems you are doing the tour de hubs! Why not add on SLC !?

I can only speak to MSP F/G in the late afternoon and evening time. Self-serve soda, coffee and espresso. Full service bar. Beers on tap are Michelob Ultra, a mango blonde beer, and I believe an IPA. All pre-packaged foods. The items I seem to remember from recent trips (which hasn’t seemed to change much) include:
  • Two sandwich varieties (don’t recall what kind but I didn’t really care much for either)
  • Kale Caesar Salad
  • Chickpeas
  • Ramen (pro tip: only peel back the top enough to get water in and don’t leave the fork in the hot water—it will melt!)
  • Hummus and Ritz crackers
  • Snacks same as on board offerings (Cheeze-its, Granola bar, Biscoff)
  • Bananas (and maybe another fruit?)
  • Cookies

I’m usually able to make a light meal out of it but if you are looking for something more substantial, Stone Arch restaurant just outside the F/G club has been a favorite of mine ever since it opened. I’m not sure if their menu remains pared down as it was this spring, but their breakfast, lunch and dinner menus have always been excellent.

The MSP F/G club has been surprisingly full in recent weeks—not sure if that will die down now that we are past Labor Day. I’d estimate the club being about 80% as full as pre-COVID as of recent (though they are down to only one club at MSP right now).
Thank you tardyturtle
Hopefully in 2 weeks it'll change
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Anyone been in the RDU club since it reopened?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by ekozie
Anyone been in the RDU club since it reopened?
I was there today. There were 4 pax including me, it was crazy. I don’t think I recognized any of the employees from pre-COVID either.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I'm hoping in the near future as travel picks up that maybe the sky clubs could start offering hot foods that are prepackaged on the spot. And store them on a commercial size warming plate. I love their mac and cheese. That would be easy to keep in those cardboard/paper bowls with lids. Looks like most of the studies involving coronavirus contamination in foods is like zilch, but the transfer has more to do with the utensils and tableware.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Flying out of San Diego again in a couple of weeks, looks like lounge is still closed there, with absolutely nothing else in that terminal apart from a Starbucks.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
I was running very late Monday night in Tampa to get the last flight to Atlanta, but it sure looked like the TPA Sky Club was finally open again! The glass doors were propped open with a sign. Another step back to normalcy.

Off topic, but why a 777 parked in Tampa? (Ship 7007)
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Justin026
I was running very late Monday night in Tampa to get the last flight to Atlanta, but it sure looked like the TPA Sky Club was finally open again! The glass doors were propped open with a sign. Another step back to normalcy.

Off topic, but why a 777 parked in Tampa? (Ship 7007)
Bucs charter I believe.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 1:46 pm

Busy day in Phoenix

Currently sitting in PHX, busier than I was expecting! Turkey club & caprese sandwiches, veggies, hummus and other prepackaged salads and snacks. Full bar open. Staff have all been extremely friendly. First time here — really nice club!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.