Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Oh, and the LAX Sky Club has my favorite..... Mac and cheese!
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jiburi
My comment was prior to pandemic, United closed most of its showers within United Club.Then some to polaris rebranding.
Jiburi
Okay, yes, but then prior you also had FLs and PLs available which are far superior to the AC or UC.

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Delta, Mexico City to Los Angeles in Comfort+

Breakfast offerings in Premier Salon lounge Mexico City

Lunch offerings at LAX Delta Sky Club.
Well, at least DL and Aeromexico have streamlined their lounge offerings.

Oh, and the LAX Sky Club has my favorite..... Mac and cheese!
That's new. And a positive update. Was that self-serve or did they have an attendant there to serve it?
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
....That's new. And a positive update. Was that self-serve or did they have an attendant there to serve it?
An attendant serves it. Can't wait for them to start serving those delicious bbq meatballs too!
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:26 pm

Soup, Mac and Cheese and other food:

Mac & Cheese station

Soup Station

Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Soup, Mac and Cheese and other food...
Certainly steps in the right direction.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 5:13 pm

Here's the soup. They had tomato soup with a choice of toppings, like cheese, croutons and grated green leaf veggies.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by metalblaze
More, and more plasticware which probably will not be recycled...but I digress.
Yeah, and it drives up the cost to Delta too.

(I'm sorry to others who suggest I need data to show how individually packing portions and buying containers costs money.)
Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by cmd320
I hate to rain on your parade, but the rubber 'chicken' that they had to top your salad before is the exact same product that's going in your pre-packaged "Bahn mi" slider today.

I think your point about there being just as many options is very misinformed. Pretty much every pre-packaged salad option on offer today was also on offer before and more could have been created with the former salad bars which were also stocked with more ingredients including multiple lettuce types, a large selection of vegetables and legumes, eggs, cheese, multiple dressings, croutons, etc. This is of course in addition to snack items like cheese, crackers, popcorn, nachos, etc., a few soup options, and other hot items like mac and cheese, fried rice, a protein or two, varying based on location of course.

So yes, there has been a very perceivable drop in quantity of items on offer.

I think you're mistaking people disagreeing with your points to mean they want to fight with you. For example, making a claim such as DL is spending more on food offerings in the SC now than they had before. Do you have any actual information to back that up? Or are you simply selecting a single cheap food item from before and opting to compare that with the entire spread now to support your claim that the current food offerings cost more?
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Didn't have a banh mi slider. Had turkey, bacon, roast peppers and cheese. Delish.

If, as you're saying, the food is all the same, just individually wrapped, then Delta would still be spending more money as the labor costs of portioning and the cost of single serve containers costs money. Are you suggesting that the individual Kind bars they had out yesterday are cheaper than a large jar of popcorn people can stick their hands in? I'm well aware different skyclubs had different food options.

As I said, my post responded to those who speculated that Delta has changed its food offerings to save money. I've yet to see any data or other evidence supporting this assertion. Just people who are over the pandemic and want Delta to be too so they can get back to the way things were.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by United747
The agent at the front was super nice too and let me know about a couple restaurants that were open in the terminal, so I brought back Chick-fil-a and had that at the SkyClub.
Did you sneak the Chick-Fil-A into the club, or have they been more lax about the "no outside food" rules?
Old Sep 29, 2020, 10:28 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
Did you sneak the Chick-Fil-A into the club, or have they been more lax about the "no outside food" rules?
I did not sneak it, the agent mentioned to have a look at the buffet and if I didn’t like what they had to go grab something and bring it back. She mentioned about it being because there’s no hot food yet at the MSP club. Not sure if this is a system-wide rule or what.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam1222
​​​​​​
​​If, as you're saying, the food is all the same, just individually wrapped, then Delta would still be spending more money as the labor costs of portioning and the cost of single serve containers costs money. Are you suggesting that the individual Kind bars they had out yesterday are cheaper than a large jar of popcorn people can stick their hands in? I'm well aware different skyclubs had different food options.
Not what I’m saying. I’m saying the current offerings are a fraction of what was previously offered, but otherwise what is offered uses some of the same ingredients that were already put out in the buffets.

Originally Posted by Adam1222
​​​​​​As I said, my post responded to those who speculated that Delta has changed its food offerings to save money. I've yet to see any data or other evidence supporting this assertion. Just people who are over the pandemic and want Delta to be too so they can get back to the way things were.
If your opinion is that DL’s reduced offerings are not a cost savings measure then I’m sorry but that doesn’t reflect knowledge on the subject matter.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Is there any discussion on permanently closing some of its temporarily closed skyclubs? Just as how DL has been unloading aircrafts, it must be expensive to keeping them, not generating revenue. (Might be lease dependent however).

Jiburi
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Delta, Mexico City to Los Angeles in Comfort+

Breakfast offerings in Premier Salon lounge Mexico City

Lunch offerings at LAX Delta Sky Club.
I can't recall having tasted it, but that cab looks very decent for C+.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It was the former BoB option in Y. They sold it for $9 from what I remember.

I'll give it credit for not being a painful drinking experience. More just tasteless.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by United747
I did not sneak it, the agent mentioned to have a look at the buffet and if I didn’t like what they had to go grab something and bring it back. She mentioned about it being because there’s no hot food yet at the MSP club. Not sure if this is a system-wide rule or what.
Good to know! I've thought it'd be nice to grab a more substantial meal to pair with the drinks at the SkyClub...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I thought it was decent--drinkable standard-fare airline red wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.