Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
No Alcohol at Seattle SkyClub

Just an FYI to anyone flying via SEA - the state shut down the 'free' distribution of alcohol at the SkyClub, and apparently served notice at all airline clubs at SeaTac. As of the evening of 6/16 there was nothing being distributed at the SkyClub... HOWEVER.... they were still serving in the President's Lounge when I walked over to the CO gates.... not sure about AS as I didn't venture that far over...

Last edited by nebraskaboy; Jun 17, 2009 at 8:50 am
Old Jun 17, 2009, 8:53 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Is there a reason for this stupidity? Did the Skyclub get busted for something?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:09 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I'm assuming it's not a dry club - meaning, alcohol is still available, however a staff member must serve it for you?!?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
Originally Posted by bostonbali
I'm assuming it's not a dry club - meaning, alcohol is still available, however a staff member must serve it for you?!?
I was there last night and was told the Skyclub forgot to refile some "paperwork." I assume someone forgot to renew the license. The President's Club was still pouring and had no intention of stopping. I assume this was a uniquely Delta blunder.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by bostonbali
That's the way it's been for the past year or so after the State made NW switch from an open bar to a staffed bar, its just they didn't want to staff the bar so you need to ask the agent to get what you want from the back.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM/SkyClub
So what's the punch line? Is there now alcohol there but that it is served by a human now? or is there none at all? I'll be using the skyclub in early July.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
It's always been served by a human, so if there's a difference, I fear that it means no alcohol at all. Hopefully someone can confirm/deny!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:23 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Just worth noting that, while the former-WP is convenient to NW gates, it's about equal distance from the DL gates as the AS Boardroom, which is a very nice lounge with nice snack options, rail alcohol free and premium alcohol for sale.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:46 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I heartily second the recommendation for the AS Boardroom. A very nice facility, staffed by nice folks. I've never gotten comfortable in the NW SC in SEA....it's a strange layout, and the agents sometimes act like they're doing me a favor getting me a drink. It does have a nice view of the NW gates and tarmac.

I hope they get the alcohol situation squared away tout suit!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
I heartily second the recommendation for the AS Boardroom. A very nice facility, staffed by nice folks. I've never gotten comfortable in the NW SC in SEA....it's a strange layout, and the agents sometimes act like they're doing me a favor getting me a drink. It does have a nice view of the NW gates and tarmac.

I hope they get the alcohol situation squared away tout suit!
The AS board room is nice, but if you have a flight in the NWA terminal it does take a few minutes to get there.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
And sooner than later (and some already are I think), DL will be moving to the South Satellite - which is quite a hike from the South Satellite. Still, a nice option to have.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
And sooner than later (and some already are I think), DL will be moving to the South Satellite - which is quite a hike from the South Satellite. Still, a nice option to have.
Soon indeed, like next Tuesday. The former WorldClub (now Sky Club) will be the most convenient for NW and DL gates as everything is consolidated into the South Satellite.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Anyone know whether DL has straightened out the paper work required to let the libations flow again?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta Platinium
SEATAC Sky Club Lost and Found?

I left something behind in the Sky Club at SEATAC and am trying to find out it there is a way to contact the Club directly. A Delta SMS representative gave me a number but it turned out to be a lost baggage number that is answered by a voicemail.

I have filed a claim with the Lost and Found at SEATAC.

I would appreciate any suggestions that anyone may have.

Thanks.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Try calling the airport's mainline or DL counter, they should be able to transfer you to the DSC. Hopefully the lounge agent can help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.