Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

HNL SkyClub

What do you guys think about this SC? It looks like the renovated the interior and it looks quite nice. My favorite club here used to be the Continental President's Club, but now I would have to say its this SC.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL Platinum

I had never been in the HNL Sky Club, but had long layovers twice this week and thought I'd share some observations since the agent told me this was their first week in a new Sky Club location.

-Club is hard to find because signage is not yet posted. Even the airport security guard I asked pointed me to the old location. It is now in the garden area below the terminal with other airline clubs (JAL, etc.)

-Drinks are self serve, but no alcoholic beverages available right now due to liquor license issues (per sign posted). They did have the NW style coffee machines with choices of espresso, etc.

-Only snacks available both times (different times during the day) were mixed nuts and pretzels

-Although it is a new location, it is not as impressive or new feeling as other clubs. Kinds of reminds me of some of the outdated Atlanta CRCs.

-No air conditioning! This is bizarre because it's in Hawaii! There were fans scattered around, but it was still pretty stuffy.

-Agents were very helpful and friendly, always a plus.

-TV station was set to CBS and some kind of anime cartoons were playing. I asked to have the channel changed and the desk agents said they had to keep it on that channel (what?)

Overall, I was less than impressed. But when you get to go to Hawaii for a work trip, there is no sense complaining about the small stuff!
Old Aug 2, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
I thought that they closed the CRC at HNL? I think that there was a World Club lounge, but not a CRC. Either way, thanks for the info!

I will be going to HNL in December with DL on NW metal. Do you know if DL and NW flight get into the same terminal? It has been a while and I have never flown NW into HNL.

Thanks,
Old Aug 2, 2009, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by elmococker
I thought that they closed the CRC at HNL? I think that there was a World Club lounge, but not a CRC. Either way, thanks for the info!

I will be going to HNL in December with DL on NW metal. Do you know if DL and NW flight get into the same terminal? It has been a while and I have never flown NW into HNL.

Thanks,
The WorldClub is now a SkyClub as the lounges have consolidated.

DL/NW have combined their operations in HNL as of last Tuesday (I think that's when the consolidation occurred), so everything will be in the same place.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
So what was the WorldClub is the new SkyClub?

I as there beginning of June and there was air conditioning and self-serve beverages and snacks. Of course, DL has killed the snacks, but should still have A/C and hopefully alcohol.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by raehl311
So what was the WorldClub is the new SkyClub?
Yes...WC is now SC. To my knowledge, the former CRC location remains vacant.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
Originally Posted by mersk862
Yes...WC is now SC. To my knowledge, the former CRC location remains vacant.

The OP says the new Sky Club is in the garden area below the terminal. This was the location of the CRC that was closed.

The NW World club was in the terminal.

It would be helpful if someone would clarify where the new Sky Club is.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by donlind
The OP says the new Sky Club is in the garden area below the terminal. This was the location of the CRC that was closed.

The NW World club was in the terminal.

It would be helpful if someone would clarify where the new Sky Club is.
Interesting that they moved it then - delta.com still shows it in the terminal at by Gate 13.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/4MM, AS MVPG100K, HA Pualani Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
the former DL HNL CR club (lower level of central concourse - garden level) that closed last year reopened again last week (July 28th) when NW was consolidated with DL operations in HNL (Lobby 4). Therefore, the NW WC (across from gate 13 area) is now closed. NW flights have also moved over to central concourse (gates 14-23) and gates 24/25 when available (DL flights normally park at gates 20-22). This move to gates 14-25 is closer to DL check-in and DL SC (but some NW flights still use gates 11-13). HNL baggage claim for inbound domestic flights usually D6/D7. Hopefully whatever issue they're having with liquor license and A/C will be corrected soon. Aloha!
Old Aug 2, 2009, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Now here's the most important question: do they still have that glorious guava juice pitcher from the WC?
Old Aug 2, 2009, 8:18 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by surfport
the former DL HNL CR club (lower level of central concourse - garden level) that closed last year reopened again last week (July 28th) when NW was consolidated with DL operations in HNL (Lobby 4). Therefore, the NW WC (across from gate 13 area) is now closed. NW flights have also moved over to central concourse (gates 14-23) and gates 24/25 when available (DL flights normally park at gates 20-22). This move to gates 14-25 is closer to DL check-in and DL SC (but some NW flights still use gates 11-13). HNL baggage claim for inbound domestic flights usually D6/D7. Hopefully whatever issue they're having with liquor license and A/C will be corrected soon. Aloha!
Sounds like a trade up!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/4MM, AS MVPG100K, HA Pualani Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
As of Thursday, August 6th, DL HNL SkyClub still awaiting liquor license...but at least the A/C is working. In the interim I'll be going to CO HNL Prez Club until DL HNL SkyClub gets liquor license. Going to miss having the CO Prez Club option after CO leaves SkyTeam. I think it's quite embarassing that DL relocated HNL WC to former CRC location and not even have liquor license. Delta.com has finally been updated to show HNL SC now garden level again.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 5:47 am

I always liked the DL CRC at HNL, the hard product of the NW lounge wasn't that great. Hopefully, though, all the staff is the former WC staff. Before the merger we would have debates on the NW board about which WC had the best staff- DCA or HNL. Even though I only go through HNL twice a year or so, the WC staff always remembered me.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 5:58 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
The old HNL CRC was my favorite! The staff was terrific (especially Jane) and recognized me on site. Glad they have reopened it; but, I'm sure the staff I remember has all retired or relocated.

I'm still confused about the location. Wondering why they reopened the SC in the old CRC location when the Gate 13 WC was the larger room. There were times when the old Garden level CRC would get quite full and I'm sure that will be worse than ever with the consolidation.

Honoloulu was the only CRC I can remember with a self serve bar. I wonder if it will be self-serve again once the liquor issues are resolved.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by DLfan
The old HNL CRC was my favorite! The staff was terrific (especially Jane) and recognized me on site. Glad they have reopened it; but, I'm sure the staff I remember has all retired or relocated.

I'm still confused about the location. Wondering why they reopened the SC in the old CRC location when the Gate 13 WC was the larger room. There were times when the old Garden level CRC would get quite full and I'm sure that will be worse than ever with the consolidation.

Honoloulu was the only CRC I can remember with a self serve bar. I wonder if it will be self-serve again once the liquor issues are resolved.
The old Worldclub didn't have a bathroom, which may have been one factor in moving to the old CRC location. The self-serve bar at the old CRC was my favorite feature of that club.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.