Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Skyclub in Austin [Now Open]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Delta Skyclub in Austin [Now Open]

That east end of the terminal will also include, Harbinson said, a new members-only club for a “legacy carrier” at the airport at a construction cost of $5 million. Asked which airline, Harbinson said that, with the contract still under negotiation, the city at this point won’t disclose the company’s name.
AA and UA already have clubs in AUS and Delta operates out of the east end of the terminal, so I can only assume this "legacy carrier" is Delta.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/tran...PnbsBk6OGlp3M/

Last edited by rendezvous; Jan 21, 2018 at 6:59 pm
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Interesting. I'm in and out of AUS a few times. Would be nice.

Would assume it's Delta.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
With DL adding flight to/from AUS it makes sense. RDU and SEA start this year. Wish could get one in SAT, but there's no place to put it there.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey, don't forget that AS is also considered a legacy carrier

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_carrier
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:37 pm

Is 20 daily departures low for a Sky Club city?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Widgets
Is 20 daily departures low for a Sky Club city?
Low, yes. But not unheard of. PBI, JAX, and MEM all seem to have around 20 to 21 daily departures.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LBJ
Low, yes. But not unheard of. PBI, JAX, and MEM all seem to have around 20 to 21 daily departures.
PBI - people with money.
JAX- not sure
MEM - legacy NW hub/WorldclubWorldclub
AUS - High/fast growing technology area, State Capitol (though we only convene once every other year for no more then 6 months) Plus DL seems to be adding more and more nonstop AUS flights. Could easily see SFO/BOS/LGA in the future.

I just don't see AS putting in a club here. Not enough flights, plus AA already has a club here.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO

I just don't see AS putting in a club here. Not enough flights, plus AA already has a club here.
Please notice the smiley face at the end of my post
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LBJ
Please notice the smiley face at the end of my post
I got it. I was just explaining it in response to Widgets comment and your reply.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Plus DL seems to be adding more and more nonstop AUS flights. Could easily see SFO/BOS/LGA in the future.
DL adding AUS-SFO? I doubt this will happen unless DL makes AUS a focus city like it has done in RDU. LGA-AUS can't happen because of the 1500 mi rule from LGA.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DA201
DL adding AUS-SFO? I doubt this will happen unless DL makes AUS a focus city like it has done in RDU. LGA-AUS can't happen because of the 1500 mi rule from LGA.
DL has been slowly adding flights to AUS. You're right on LGA, but the point remains. AUS is slowly becoming a focus city. Considering Austin's technology/Healthcare business I can see it expanding.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
DL has been slowly adding flights to AUS. You're right on LGA, but the point remains. AUS is slowly becoming a focus city. Considering Austin's technology/Healthcare business I can see it expanding.
DL has ceded the Texas market to others for too long now, ever since the DFW hub folded. AUS would be a logical place for them to jump back into it.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by WWads
DL has ceded the Texas market to others for too long now, ever since the DFW hub folded. AUS would be a logical place for them to jump back into it.
Agreed. DFW is firmly in AAs hands, IAH in UAs. Leaves AUS/SAT as the two remaining major TX markets. While SAT is much bigger size wise, AUS is much bigger economic wise.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I've done work (one day) at that airport. Our local branch has a service contract there. This could be good news for us.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by rendezvous
AA and UA already have clubs in AUS and Delta operates out of the east end of the terminal, so I can only assume this "legacy carrier" is Delta.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/tran...PnbsBk6OGlp3M/
Been hoping for this for quite some time. I realize DL isn't as big as AA or UA at AUS, but they have a respectable presence. Hope this turns out to be a Sky Club.

(DL definitely uses the east end of the terminal)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.