Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New SkyClub in LAX T2, what do you know about it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SkyClub in LAX T2, what do you know about it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Question New SkyClub in LAX T2, what do you know about it?

So seems that Delta has taken over the LAX T2 Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (I loved that lounge flying VS!) and apparently has DL SC already on the main door. In the VS threads, it's being renovated to SC standards and will open in May 2021. Any one know more details?? It was the previous NW WorldClub, so a bit fitting I guess.

I wonder what will eventually happen with these two spaces after the head house club opens. Could it be another level for J and and other pax??
Old Apr 7, 2021, 5:18 am

On my last trip thru, the line to get into the SkyClub was several dozen people down the corridor outside, and people were being admitted as others left. My guess is that this is just due to overflow issues. Similar to the retrofitting of the secondary club in T3, knowing it would be very short lived. Happy to hear it!
Old Apr 7, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Interesting development here in LA... Any photos from the wild would be greatly appreciated. I'll be there in 15 days on my way to OGG and can provide an update then as well.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
That is good news. I was in the LAX SC 2 weeks ago and it was really busy. I like the club in general, so is the thought that they will keep multiple clubs open?
Old Apr 7, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I wish they would make the VS Clubhouse in IAD into a SkyClub.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Hepsaint
Interesting development here in LA... Any photos from the wild would be greatly appreciated. I'll be there in 15 days on my way to OGG and can provide an update then as well.
I'll be there on Monday and will try to swing by and check it out.
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ND76
I wish they would make the VS Clubhouse in IAD into a SkyClub.
This would be fabulous (although I would hope it would be accompanied by a gate move to reduce the long walks involved).
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I wonder what will eventually happen with these two spaces after the head house club opens. Could it be another level for J and and other pax??
this seemes incredibly unllikely, the most likely outcome is that both of the current T2 clubs are closed.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Does DL do that anywhere else in their network? Honest question. If not, I doubt it would happen in LAX first.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Does DL do that anywhere else in their network? Honest question. If not, I doubt it would happen in LAX first.
Given the premium competition at LAX, I actually think it would be a logical first location. LAX has the separate D1 check-in (which existed at T5 and is being built out at T2), and there have been rumors over the past year that the new LAX facility would have a separate D1 club.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by FinanceGuyLAX
there have been rumors over the past year that the new LAX facility would have a separate D1 club.
there have been "rumors" abount things like this at any number of airports and they're all just wishcasting
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Granted Current T2 space is temporary before the main one is built, I’m surprised Delta hasn’t made entire second floor Skyclub. Prior VS space will help relieve some over-crowding but I think they have passenger traffic which would fill the entire second floor.

Jiburi
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the current LAX SC is full, are their other open lounges that people could perhaps use without going outside of security? SkyTeam? PP? AmEx?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the current LAX SC is full, are their other open lounges that people could perhaps use without going outside of security? SkyTeam? PP? AmEx?
Unfortunately there's not much in terms of alternatives atm. The Amex Centurion Lounge at TBIT is still grab and go, and the AS Lounge via Priority Pass at T6 will likely have a waitlist if you're using that as your entry method, so that plus the walk around LAX is something to consider.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Sad that that the VS lounge is being replaced with the SC. I was one of the few people who preferred the Clubhouse during PriorityPass hours over the SC. While it lacked SC's food and drink amenities during those hours, because it was unpopular it was much more relaxing with hardly anyone in there. Nice apron views too - I have no problem looking at WN aircraft.

Hopefully this will mean somewhat less crowding in the main T2 SC (or whatever it will be called).
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.