Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by tardyturtle
ATL, MSP, DTW—seems you are doing the tour de hubs! Why not add on SLC !?

I can only speak to MSP F/G in the late afternoon and evening time. Self-serve soda, coffee and espresso. Full service bar. Beers on tap are Michelob Ultra, a mango blonde beer, and I believe an IPA. All pre-packaged foods. The items I seem to remember from recent trips (which hasn’t seemed to change much) include:
  • Two sandwich varieties (don’t recall what kind but I didn’t really care much for either)
  • Kale Caesar Salad
  • Chickpeas
  • Ramen (pro tip: only peel back the top enough to get water in and don’t leave the fork in the hot water—it will melt!)
  • Hummus and Ritz crackers
  • Snacks same as on board offerings (Cheeze-its, Granola bar, Biscoff)
  • Bananas (and maybe another fruit?)
  • Cookies

I’m usually able to make a light meal out of it but if you are looking for something more substantial, Stone Arch restaurant just outside the F/G club has been a favorite of mine ever since it opened. I’m not sure if their menu remains pared down as it was this spring, but their breakfast, lunch and dinner menus have always been excellent.

The MSP F/G club has been surprisingly full in recent weeks—not sure if that will die down now that we are past Labor Day. I’d estimate the club being about 80% as full as pre-COVID as of recent (though they are down to only one club at MSP right now).
Were premium drink offerings (particularly the champagnes) available for purchase at the bar? I have a lengthy layover at MSP in a week and want to burn some SkyMiles on some bubbles. Cheers!
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ernad
Were premium drink offerings (particularly the champagnes) available for purchase at the bar? I have a lengthy layover at MSP in a week and want to burn some SkyMiles on some bubbles. Cheers!
Premium is definitely available in ATL.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Originally Posted by GeJohnO
Currently sitting in PHX, busier than I was expecting! Turkey club & caprese sandwiches, veggies, hummus and other prepackaged salads and snacks. Full bar open. Staff have all been extremely friendly. First time here — really nice club!
We were there between Christmas and NYE, flying home, and also loved that SC. Great artwork, too!
Old Sep 17, 2020, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Quiet DEN

Waiting for LAX flight. SEA is only other flight tonight (3 mins earlier). Quiet club. 4 individuals, 1 couple and myself. Same set up as noted above. Sandwiches, salads, veggies, fruit, fruit/cheese, pepperoni/cheese, hummus, pretzels/hummus, 3 cookies, 3 desserts, 2 brands of ramen. AND.. full, self-serve open bar!
Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ernad
In the MSP club now, and premium drinks are on the menu! I also double checked--there are a few bottles of Veuve and Dom in the fridge for whatever your persuasion is... Cheers!

cmd320 and ernad like this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the MSP club now, and premium drinks are on the menu! I also double checked--there are a few bottles of Veuve and Dom in the fridge for whatever your persuasion is... Cheers!

Honestly next time I have a 3+ hour layover I’m doing a bottle of Dom for 10k miles. Gotta pregame before the DL flights these days anyway. Might as well do it properly.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 7:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Still one of the best values for Skypesos available!
Old Sep 17, 2020, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Honestly next time I have a 3+ hour layover I’m doing a bottle of Dom for 10k miles. Gotta pregame before the DL flights these days anyway. Might as well do it properly.
Dom... the COVID-era PDB!
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dom... the COVID-era PDB!
Gotta have something nice during the DL experience these days.

I mean, if I’m not going to be eating or drinking anything on the plane, I may as well make it so I can pass out in a domestic F seat without drinking four mini-bottles of iced Estero Cabernet. Never been able to sleep in domestic F without being drunk or going on 24+ hours without sleep, and even then it’s really more of just a doze every few minutes.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by cmd320
Are they serving it in plastique kristel? Or in a real glass? From the beggars can't be choosers department, I'd still probably rather drink it right from the bottle than from disposable beverage ware.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

What's with the "complimentary......with your DL SC membership" language? Does this mean that passengers/customers who enter with a DL Reserve card, AmEx regular Plat/Centurion charge card, international D1 ticket, etc. don't get any free alcohol now?
Old Sep 18, 2020, 5:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's with the "complimentary......with your DL SC membership" language? Does this mean that passengers/customers who enter with a DL Reserve card, AmEx regular Plat/Centurion charge card, international D1 ticket, etc. don't get any free alcohol now?
99.99% sure that's just sloppy wording and there's no difference once you're inside the club.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Are they serving it in plastique kristel? Or in a real glass? From the beggars can't be choosers department, I'd still probably rather drink it right from the bottle than from disposable beverage ware.
Hahaha, I’m not above drinking it right out of the bottle. But in the SCs they have had actual glassware at the bar.

Originally Posted by Zorak
99.99% sure that's just sloppy wording and there's no difference once you're inside the club.
Yep. I enter with Amex, same complimentary bar.
Zorak likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its just verbiage on the sign... they aren't checking at the bar what kind of access you used before making a drink.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The only thing that is in plastic is the self-serve soft drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.