Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Denver Delta Sky Club: Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle

First time to the Denver sky club today. I ended up needing a Sherpa and a guide dog to find it. Maybe i am in a foul mood(weekend business travel will do that to ya!) but this may be the least convenient sky club i have been to in the US. Even the mens bathroom was a bit of a hike outside of the club.

First world problem yes, but still wanted to vent a little.
sdadept likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
LOL. And wasn't it worth when you finally found it? The A concourse lounge set-up is just awful with zero natural light or tarmac views.
if you think the DL lounge is dark, the AA/BA one is even worse. My wife calls it "the crAAp lounge".
The entire thing used to be a Continental Lounge and then got divided up over the years... into AA, USO and now DL. The bathrooms have remained the constant.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
To be fair: it did have self serve booze which the degenerate in me always appreciates! But yes it was nothing special. And when i left it felt like the Delta gates were in Boulder.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL D
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
To be fair: it did have self serve booze which the degenerate in me always appreciates! But yes it was nothing special. And when i left it felt like the Delta gates were in Boulder.
After 19 years in ATL, DEN is my new home airport, so finding the Sky Club was imperative. A couple things I've found out so far:
  1. Booze only available from 7am on in the morning
  2. Instead of taking the scenic route, use the elevators just outside the airport/USO lounges are to get you back to the concourse and gates. Of course, DEN normally has escalators, elevators, and slide walks out of commission, so it still can be a walk to your gate.
I'm interested in other DEN/Delta tips y'all might have!
Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by gadams999
After 19 years in ATL, DEN is my new home airport, so finding the Sky Club was imperative. A couple things I've found out so far:
  1. Booze only available from 7am on in the morning
Why on earth would you want any alcohol before 7am? A sad reflection on society today.
indufan, davetravels and hi55us like this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by gadams999
Instead of taking the scenic route, use the elevators just outside the airport/USO lounges are to get you back to the concourse and gates. Of course, DEN normally has escalators, elevators, and slide walks out of commission, so it still can be a walk to your gate.
I'm interested in other DEN/Delta tips y'all might have!
You can take the elevators all the way up from the train. Usually as fast, if not faster, than the escalators. Fastest usually is the bridge security when it’s open.

Once you know where the club is it’s pretty easy to stop there before heading to the gates; it’s really only inconvenient when someone ends up going to the gates first and then has to backtrack (or if there is a last minute delay posted after arrival at the gate). IME, the DEN staff are pretty good and pleasant (far more pleasant than the UA DEN staff).
Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by audidudi
Why on earth would you want any alcohol before 7am? A sad reflection on society today.
SMH.
BigFishDave and 2089x5449 like this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Just to annoy you.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

Right, because whatever previous era you are romanticizing was one in which people never drank in the morning (rolling my eyes).

FYI lots of people are a little bit nervous or anxious about flying, or just have trouble relaxing in the cramped quarters, and having a drink helps, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's a reason airports all over the world have bars open in the morning, and it's not because everyone who travels has a drinking problem.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Let’s see. Mimosa. Bloody Mary. Bailey’s in your coffee. Because we’re alcoholics. I dunno. Take your pick.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by jrkmsp

Let’s see. Mimosa. Bloody Mary. Bailey’s in your coffee. Because we’re alcoholics. I dunno. Take your pick.
Exactly. As a recovering alcoholic, I used to quite fancy myself a pre-7am drink. Heck, by then the shakes were kicking in on a bad day.

Also, some people may have been up all night, traveling all night, or any of the above mentioned reasons. Just because it is 7am, doesn't mean its 5 o'clock somewhere in their body clock.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by james318
Just because it is 7am, doesn't mean its 5 o'clock somewhere in their body clock.
Here here. Especially when I'm flying somewhere and not driving or operating machinery (let's be honest, I never operate machinery) at the other end of my journey, who cares? All else equal starting my day with a coffee and a Bloody Mary is better than starting with just coffee
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:22 pm

And you have to leave the club for a restroom. Weird setup in den.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
There's something special about a Bloody Mary at 6:58 am. After that, it's just spiked bad tomato juice. (I'll have mine spicy)
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Jon_R
And you have to leave the club for a restroom. Weird setup in den.
I think the reason for the wierd lounge set up is because when the airport was being built, the current AC and SC was supposed to be one large CO Presidents Club (hence the vacant check in desk when you first enter the main club area with the SC to the left and the AC to the right) when CO had a hub at Stapleton, but decided to close the hub before the move to the new DEN so the club was never fully used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.