Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Cincinnati CVG Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold

I will soon be traveling to Grand Rapids, MI for a weekend trip and will be connecting in Cincinnati both ways. MCO-CVG-GRR-CVG-MCO. On my outbound trip I will have about a 3 hour connection in CVG. Although CVG is definately my preferred hub for connections there really isn't much to do as far as killing time. I recently purchased a reduced price one day Sky Club pass from Groupon for $22 and I would like to know if it will be worth it to use during my long connection. Is the CVG Sky Club usually crowded? And is there ample space to relax for a while? Does the Sky Club feature enough electrical outlets for laptop use/charging? Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
It is about the size of the C SC in MSP, if yoiu know it. I like hte club in CVG. I have never found it crowded, the service is good, and you can generally find a plug easily.

Dave
Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
With the recent cutbacks in flights at CVG, the club has become a lot less busy. The fact that the B club is of a very good size pretty much ensures that it is never that busy nowadays.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Since you've already bought the pass, I wouldn't hesitate to first get some Gold Star Chili, then head to the SC and use the pass to kill the rest of the time.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
First, welcome to FlyerTalk, readywhenyouare.

I would agree with the others, you already bought a pass (at a great discount) so might as well use it. I see you are flying out of MCO. I much prefer their SC but it sounds to me like you will get a lot more use out of CVG.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 7:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
First, welcome to FlyerTalk, readywhenyouare.
Thank You!

Thanks to everyone for all of your responses and suggestions. It sounds like I will enjoy the use of the Sky Club during my long layover. I do miss the amount of flights that CVG once had but for me it is still a very convenient hub. The Delta facilities are still modern and attractive and the gate areas are usually always clean. CVG has also always provided the most consistent experience with very helpful and curteous staff. Once I was flying the red eye from LAX-CVG and the inbound aircraft was late due to leaving JFK late (big surprise...). I was at risk of missing my connecting flight to MCO so the great ticket agent at LAX protected me on the next MCO flight. I got into CVG less than 10 minutes before my original flight to MCO was set to depart and the gate agent was calling my name I was getting off the aircraft to let me know I was going to make my flight home to MCO. And the best part was they saved my upgrade during the boarding process in hopes that I would make it! I also wasn't expecting my luggage to make the flight with me but the great baggage handlers at CVG did a great job and my luggage arrived with me!

Of course, I also miss the amount of flights my home airport MCO used to have. I especially miss MCO-EYW and MCO-FLL.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare

Of course, I also miss the amount of flights my home airport MCO used to have. I especially miss MCO-EYW and MCO-FLL.
I will add a big +1 to that. Being MCO based, I feel your pain....

Just to add, I find the SC in CVG to be great. It is modern and much better than the clubs in ATL.

Also, if you are a frequent traveler out of MCO, i would point out that MCO has a great club with excellent staff. They take care of me on a regular basis.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 4:44 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Also, if you are a frequent traveler out of MCO, i would point out that MCO has a great club with excellent staff. They take care of me on a regular basis.
And I would add a big +1 to that. The MCO staff has been there for years and is incredibly helpful. Definitely worth checking it out.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:18 am
fpm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
I especially miss MCO-EYW and MCO-FLL.
Bummer. When I worked in south Florida years ago, I would take the FLL or PBI flight to MCO and then on to ATL instead of the direct to boost my segments and ensure making platinum.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
$22 for 3 hours of lounge access in CVG? Seems like a slam dunk to me.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by hockeystl
$22 for 3 hours of lounge access in CVG? Seems like a slam dunk to me.
Totally agree, and it is a very nice club with excellent staff.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
CVG Sky Club Lost & Found

I was there yesterday and left my iPhone there. I noticed it was missing on my flight back to DFW. Called the Sky Club yesterday (weird thing: when I called DL, they told me the best way is to go on delta.com and write an email, they don't give out Sky Club numbers, I then tried 411 and called CVG main line and asked for transfer to Sky Club) The agent answered the call confirmed that my iPhone was picked up and returned by an employee. Maybe I'll call again and asked who is that nice person so I can buy him/her a gift. ^

A bit off subject here but CVG looks like a ghost town! Last time I was there was 3 years ago. Now RJs outnumber mainline jet by a chunk and Terminal A is basically used as a RJ parking lot. Sad scene, very sad.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
If this was in the PM then the person who found it and turned it in was the former jockey from Panama who maintains the room. Nicest guy in the world.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
BUMP

I flew thru CVG on 6/19 and the SC was virtually empty.

On the plus side, plenty of seats and power outlets.

On the down side, the food options had been picked through to the point where the cookies and crackers were only broken shards and crumbs. All the containers of trail mix, peanuts or pretzels were 95% empty. There was one lonely pear left.

I was there for 2 hours and nothing was filled or brought out. I guess when DL decides to abandon a hub they really go all out!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM
Don't forget the free Woodford!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.