Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Best Delta Sky Club at Atlanta Airport?

Old May 14, 19, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

We will be flying into Atlanta (from the U.K.) and connecting onto a different flight to Florida and was wondering which of the Sky Clubs are the best there? Are you allowed to go to a different terminal than the one your flight departs from - and if so, how easy is this? Iíve heard some Sky Clubs are much better than others there and so weíd really like to go to one of the better ones.

Thanks!
Old May 14, 19, 3:42 pm

Once airside you may go to any SC. B, E and F are the best ones. E and F have much better food options and F has an outdoor deck. There is an outstanding restaurant in E called One Flew South if you are interested.
strickerj, DC23103, jalves and 4 others like this.
Old May 14, 19, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Megan Murray View Post
Hi all,

We will be flying into Atlanta (from the U.K.) and connecting onto a different flight to Florida and was wondering which of the Sky Clubs are the best there? Are you allowed to go to a different terminal than the one your flight departs from - and if so, how easy is this? Iíve heard some Sky Clubs are much better than others there and so weíd really like to go to one of the better ones.

Thanks!
All of ATL is connected airside, and it is very easy to change from one concourse to another using the underground plane train (or walking if desired).

There are numerous past threads regarding the Sky Clubs at ATL; a Google search for something like "best sky club atl FlyerTalk" will find several for your perusal:

https://www.google.com/search?q=best...+atl+FlyerTalk
Old May 14, 19, 4:11 pm

Programs: Delta-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
The E SkyClub is probably my favorite during the winter only because most people that fly are couples and families flying south for a warm vacation. That means less people in that lounge, especially since a first class ticket doesn't get you in since Caribbean isn't considered international for SkyClub access. F is my favorite overall because of the outdoor lounge area but then again, in the winter I don't go out there that much.

E is a fantastic lounge and you'll have no issues with that one.

I rank the Skyclubs in tiers at ATL
Tier 1: B, E, F (alphabetical)
Tier 2: A16, T
Tier 3: C36
Tier 4: D27
Tier Kill Me: D11

In terms of getting around ATL? Extremely easy and there is a train that connects every terminal. Every Skyclub will be available to you.
Old May 14, 19, 4:22 pm

Programs: 2.76MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
Originally Posted by CloneCones View Post
The E SkyClub is probably my favorite during the winter only because most people that fly are couples and families flying south for a warm vacation. That means less people in that lounge, especially since a first class ticket doesn't get you in since Caribbean isn't considered international for SkyClub access. F is my favorite overall because of the outdoor lounge area but then again, in the winter I don't go out there that much.

E is a fantastic lounge and you'll have no issues with that one.

I rank the Skyclubs in tiers at ATL
Tier 1: B, E, F (alphabetical)
Tier 2: A16, T
Tier 3: C36
Tier 4: D27
Tier Kill Me: D11

In terms of getting around ATL? Extremely easy and there is a train that connects every terminal. Every Skyclub will be available to you.

Nailed it!
krlcomm likes this.
Old May 14, 19, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I donít get the love for the B SC. I pretty much avoid it at all costs itís so crowded and unkempt the many times Iíve been in it.

The bathrooms are beyond disgusting.
SSF556 likes this.
Old May 14, 19, 4:23 pm

"whichever one is closest to your gate" is the best rule of thumb. The differences really aren't that big unless you have particularly strong preferences. Eg. if you want a quiet place to get work done, T is one of the better ones (A centerpoint also still has some cubicles though they may get ripped out for more seating soon I would guess). If you want runway views, E is the best. If you want to fight a sea of humanity and not be able to find a seat, then B is your ticket.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 14, 19, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by apodo77 View Post
I donít get the love for the B SC. I pretty much avoid it at all costs itís so crowded and unkempt the many times Iíve been in it.

I don't like B, but I've never noticed anything particularly disgusting about the bathroom (assuming you mean the men's room here?). Seems about the same as all the others (cleanliness-wise, at least)
Old May 14, 19, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by apodo77 View Post

Are they worse than the F/G MSP Skyclub bathrooms?
Old May 14, 19, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by defrosted View Post
Are they worse than the F/G MSP Skyclub bathrooms?
Off topic, but MSP has the worst bathrooms, and that is not confined to only the F/G skyclub. I don't want to give away my secret but the only ones usable are upstairs behind the escape lounge. SLC also has atrocious bathrooms skyclub or otherwise.
beefman003 likes this.
Old May 14, 19, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL PM 1 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT PM AMB, Hilton Diamond
D11 skyclub is a magical experience.
Old May 14, 19, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by estedman View Post
D11 skyclub is a magical experience.
If I didn't know better I would think all you people hating on D11 was to keep us away from the best one...
Old May 14, 19, 5:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
F SkyDeck is closed to install some kind of roof when I was there Friday.
Looks like work has not really begun yet. Just that the furniture was gone.
Old May 14, 19, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by azeckel View Post
Off topic, but MSP has the worst bathrooms, and that is not confined to only the F/G skyclub. I don't want to give away my secret but the only ones usable are upstairs behind the escape lounge. SLC also has atrocious bathrooms skyclub or otherwise.
That's the USABLE one to you?! I'm horrified because I was unimpressed by that one and went downstairs to the main level one below the stairs of the Escape Lounge.
Old May 14, 19, 7:48 pm

E has the most festive crowd - the best bar. F is terrific, large with an quiet upper level and the outdoor deck is wonderful on a nice day. I like both A clubs quite a bit. B is as bad as everyone says, avoid it at all costs. If you have a long layover, go to E, unless a really nice day, then F and sit outside

Search this Thread
Search Engine: