Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Fort Lauderdale FLL Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

I have 3 questions regarding the FLL Skyclub, and an upcoming trip with 4 people.

1. DH is Diamond therefore a Sky Club member so he should be able to take himself plus 2 others into the club?

2. The 4th person would/should be able to buy a one day pass to join the other 3 travelers?

3. We will be returning from a cruise therefore probably getting to airport around 9:30am, our flight is not till 3:00. Can we go to Sky Club that early or , or will be have to wait until 3 or 4 hours prior to takeoff (after having to go through the security line?)

Thank you
Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by SpoiltRotten
I have 3 questions regarding the FLL Skyclub, and an upcoming trip with 4 people.

1. DH is Diamond therefore a Sky Club member so he should be able to take himself plus 2 others into the club?

2. The 4th person would/should be able to buy a one day pass to join the other 3 travelers?

3. We will be returning from a cruise therefore probably getting to airport around 9:30am, our flight is not till 3:00. Can we go to Sky Club that early or , or will be have to wait until 3 or 4 hours prior to takeoff (after having to go through the security line?)

Thank you
1. yes
2.yes
3.yes
Old Nov 14, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Diamond
the only snag may come if they will not let you check you baggage before the 4 hour mark but you should be able to find a friendly open counter.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I always thought you could check luggage 6 hours before a flight. Also, if you do have status, you could try SDC to an earlier flight and possibly skip SC all together
Old Nov 14, 2010, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I always thought you could check luggage 6 hours before a flight. Also, if you do have status, you could try SDC to an earlier flight and possibly skip SC all together
6 hours at FLL SC? Do you really want to do this to yourself?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Bicostal
6 hours at FLL SC? Do you really want to do this to yourself?
That's what I was thinking - OP, you really don't want to spend six hours in the FLL SC.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Used to live in FLL...

Agreed about the long wait at the airport. Here's my suggestion...

Check the bags as if you're going to stay at the airport. I'm assuming the cruise ship is going to drop you there anyway.

Take a cab to FTL beach and have brunch/lunch around 11:00a or so. The beach is maybe 20m max even with traffic (using 17th St. causeway).

Be back at the airport by 2p to get through security. It's usually a mess on cruise ship days and they start calling folks into the line based on flight departure time.

Have fun!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
OMG!? I am in the FLL SC almost every week and couldn't see spending that much time in there post cruise. I had to spend almost 6 or 7 hours in the AA Admiral's Club in San Juan years ago and I thought I was going to go nuts.

Seriously.......find something to do for a few hours. Take a taxi and go to the Beach Place. There's a Marriott and Hilton there. Or even go to The Galleria Mall.

If I'm home you can stop by my condo I don't charge much
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Push for a change of flights. If you have status you'll probably get it. Who'd want to sit in the SC that long?

Dave
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
1. yes
2.yes
3.yes
At least in ATL, the answer to 2 is no, unless the person has a DL AmEx card and can buy the day pass themself. I was not able to purchase a day pass for my third guest, when the three were a family and one was a child. We were all on the same TATL flight, I was in BE, and I had at least four ways to access the SC, all of which permitted one or two guests. Good luck. YMMV
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At least in ATL, the answer to 2 is no, unless the person has a DL AmEx card and can buy the day pass themself. I was not able to purchase a day pass for my third guest, when the three were a family and one was a child. We were all on the same TATL flight, I was in BE, and I had at least four ways to access the SC, all of which permitted one or two guests. Good luck. YMMV
To my understanding one is still able to purchase a SC pass, albeit for $50, without a DL Amex card.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 3:31 am

A bit off topic . . . But re: early check in

We had an interesting experience at LHR. We arrived six hours early, eager to use the wonderful Sky Club there. We went to the premier check-in counter and they told us we would have to wait for 2 more hours. Then, we walked up to the regular, economy check-in counter, and they immediately took our bags and checked us in. Go figure.

Also, at LHR, the agents at the premier check-in knew nothing about Delta upgrade certificates, and once asked us to step aside so they could check-in someone behind us with children.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 4:43 am

Programs: DL PM
Not at FLL. At least, not in the Delta terminal; I don't know if the rule is airport-wide or determined individually by each airline, but I fly in and out of FLL frequently, and there is often someone in the counter area asking people what time their flight is. If it's more than 3 (4?) hours away, they won't let them get in line to check in. On cruise disembarkation mornings there are always a lot of people sitting around waiting for the 3 hour mark, with their luggage, looking rather miserable.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:17 pm

Resurrecting this old thread to ask a new question about the FLL Skyclub.

I'm arriving/departing FLL on other airlines, but have a DL SC membership. Is it possible for me to still use the FLL SkyClub?

My flights operate out of Terminal 1. Looks like I can just walk along the sidewalk to Terminal 2 where DL is. Is it possible to get some sort of gate pass or other document to get past security and into the SC?

Has anyone successfully done this?

Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
I'm arriving/departing FLL on other airlines, but have a DL SC membership. Is it possible for me to still use the FLL SkyClub?

My flights operate out of Terminal 1. Looks like I can just walk along the sidewalk to Terminal 2 where DL is. Is it possible to get some sort of gate pass or other document to get past security and into the SC?
Yes, you can exit Terminal 1 and quickly and easily walk down the sidewalk to Terminal 2. As for getting a gate pass to go through security there, I have no idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.