Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
There are definitely some marginal markets. JAX, IND, MEM, MKE, BNA, MSY, PBI come to mind.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Some of these are more marginal than others. MEM was once a hub and IND had a (seasonal daily IIRC) nonstop to CDG before COVID-19 hit. Also IIRC BNA was a focus city, while PBI *might* be high yield with lots of paid FC fares for those miracle flights. MSY had a lot of leisure and convention travel, preCOVID-19 of course.
Plus BNA is already reopened, so I wouldn’t put it on any marginal list.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I bet the MSY airport/politicians are regretting being so stingy with the space they allowed DL to use for the skyclub there... could've been more income for the airport or at least used instead of more empty space.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Yea nothing liquid or liquid like. I mean you can even take ice through as long as it's still frozen. You can take a 5 pound cheeseburger through but not a can of chicken noodle.
Yep. The ridiculousness of TSA security theatre.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Some of these are more marginal than others. MEM was once a hub and IND had a (seasonal daily IIRC) nonstop to CDG before COVID-19 hit.
I took that IND-CDG route last year. I went to some pretty extreme lengths at times to avoid flying AF metal.

What I'd give to go into a SkyClub and eat some biscoff cookies and some wicked thai chicken soup again...
ND76 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:40 pm

RDU sky club recently reopened
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL-PM
Not sure if this would be the right thread, but I downgraded off the Reserve Card at the beginning of COVID, several Club Guest Passes remain in my wallet. Are these still usable for myself and/or myself and a guest or would I have to re-upgrade to the Reserve again?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:07 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mills1090
Not sure if this would be the right thread, but I downgraded off the Reserve Card at the beginning of COVID, several Club Guest Passes remain in my wallet. Are these still usable for myself and/or myself and a guest or would I have to re-upgrade to the Reserve again?
There's a thread in the AMEX forum:

Reserve lounge passes

and one here in the DL forum:

AMEX DL Reserve SC Guest Pass Question

take your pick the same question came up in the AMEX thread and the conclusions seems to be that the T&C say "To redeem, the Card Member must present his or her valid Card, same-day Delta or Delta partner boarding pass, and government-issued I.D. to the Delta Sky Club ambassador."

So by the book it would not work. In practice, who knows.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
My SkyClub individual membership was to have expired on 3/20/20. I looked at my Delta account and saw they have now extended it to June 30, 2021. I guess I got the reserve card one year too early (although I think I got my $550 out of it, because I've scored a lot of bonus miles plus probably got a couple of upgrades I shouldn't have gotten, plus free admission to the LAS Centurion Club). I've actually had a decent amount of time in various clubs since May, and even though the food options have diminished, I've still enjoyed it every time i visited.
Adam1222 and tardyturtle like this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
When did DFW reopen? This is good news as it’s my home airport!
Old Oct 6, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Passing through LAX next Friday. Any updates on how this club is functioning? I see the 9/29 update a few posts back. Also hitting SEA on the same trip.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Zorak
There's a thread in the AMEX forum:

Reserve lounge passes

and one here in the DL forum:

AMEX DL Reserve SC Guest Pass Question

take your pick the same question came up in the AMEX thread and the conclusions seems to be that the T&C say "To redeem, the Card Member must present his or her valid Card, same-day Delta or Delta partner boarding pass, and government-issued I.D. to the Delta Sky Club ambassador."

So by the book it would not work. In practice, who knows.
I'm curious too because with the Delta reserve, I do not have to present the card normally (just scan BP). So presumably that link on the back end gets broken when you cancel the card?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 1:10 am

Responding to dcadwell in post #684 , I enjoyed the LAX T2 SkyClub on Monday night, Sept. 28, before flying LAX-ATL-BNA on the 11:59 PM redeye to Atlanta.

Full bar served by a gracious bartender, with wide selection of complementary wine, beer, and most popular combinations of alcoholic spirits and mixers. I did not inquire about any premium beverages.

Large selection of wrapped food, including turkey, ham, and cheese sliders, and wrapped cookies and brownies.

No imposed restrictions on seating, but the club was comfortably occupied by guests implementing their own social distancing and wearing masks.

Note, the Delta website indicates this club closes at 11 PM; however, for my visit, the staff closed the bar at 11, but announced that guests could remain until 11:30. I left about 11:10, and food items were still available.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by paul_from_losangeles
Full bar served by a gracious bartender, with wide selection of complementary wine, beer, and most popular combinations of alcoholic spirits and mixers. I did not inquire about any premium beverages.
It's definitely not a premium bar at LAX T2. Nice folks, but just hand pouring out what used to be self serve. Only difference is that now you get to tip for a weaker pour :-).
BNA however has been upgraded from that same setup to a full premium ($) bar now. So go figure.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 3:42 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I thought the AM food in ATL B earlier this week was okay.
I will land at B at 10 am but depart from A 2.5 hours later.
Would there be any difference in the 11 am food in A&B today?
Old Oct 10, 2020, 12:35 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Xeno
I thought the AM food in ATL B earlier this week was okay.
I will land at B at 10 am but depart from A 2.5 hours later.
Would there be any difference in the 11 am food in A&B today?
I've seen things in T that I've never seen in B before, if I'm honest. Will be checking that one out again on Friday as I didn't have time a couple weeks ago.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Today, I was in the LAX SkyClub for their breakfast and lunch offerings. The breakfast was the usual items, such as boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, sandwiches, veggies, cookies etc. I asked if they were going to have my favorite Mac & Cheese and I was told no, but they're were having grilled cheese sandwiches. So, I had one of those, some corn chowder and a few other things. Good selection of chick peas/hummus snacks and mini sandwiches.

This morning was unbearable as far as the number of people here. I stayed only 20 minutes. Couldn't deal with it. Especially with mostly everyone not wearing masks while eating.

My flight was delayed so I came back a few hours later and it was a ghost town. Nice and relaxful.

Adam1222 and golfr like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.