Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Adam1222
​​​​​​seems more likely if people know there are shorter TSA lines, they can just get to the airport later.
I wouldn't assume that the proportions of travelers with SC access has changed. Perusing FT indicates a lot of people with elite status are refusing to alter their travel plans because of the raging pandemic. It depends where in the country, of course, but people who already only fly once or twice a year seem more willing to adjust their leisure travel due to a pandemic.
This wouldn't apply to connections, when most people are using sky clubs, though. And with the funky schedules right now, many connections are obnoxiously long (looking for a trip 3 weeks from now only offered me 4.5, 4.75, or 5.5 hour layovers if I wanted to avoid the < 45 minute ATL connection which isn't ever fun but especially less so with a pregnant wife).
Old Nov 9, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Adam1222
That's a different argument than what I was responding to, of course, which is someone who said there was a higher demand for Skyclub time because of short TSA security lines. But I'm sorry the pandemic makes it hard for you and your pregnant wife to travel.
I'm not saying it makes it hard for us to travel, just giving an example to the point I made right before about layovers. I guess travel is apparently getting more back to normal since the DL forum is returning to its typical arrogant snark.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dmarge18
I'm not saying it makes it hard for us to travel, just giving an example to the point I made right before about layovers. I guess travel is apparently getting more back to normal since the DL forum is returning to its typical arrogant snark.
Thanks. Unfortunately, people have continued to be typically constantly moving the ball with non sequitur responses throughout the pandemic. And others maintain their typical "if Delta does something that inconveniences me and my unique circumstances it is because it is a greedy awful company."

I responded to a post that said "Shorter TSA lines also mean that people have more time to wait airside, even for those without PreCheck , SkyPriority, or CLEAR," and explained why that wouldn't necessarily lead to increased Skyclub usage. You then criticized my response for ignoring people with layovers.

I never purported to be addressing every single person's travel scenario. I responded to a specific point someone made. And you raised your own personal situation, which is very specific and not really relevant to Delta's overall business strategy. I'm not sure what else there was to say about your individual circumstances. Certainly, Delta shouldn't adjust its flight schedules or Skyclub policies based on your unique situations. I was not being snarky; i genuinely imagine travel must be difficult for your unique situation- but that doesnt mean that Delta should change a thing about its policies.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Just spent some time at JFK T4 both in the SC and the Centurion Lounge. Will post experience with both soon.

Overall, if you have a choice of layover in JFK, absolutely accept because the place is dead currently.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, overall the JFK SC is currently the best in the network IMO, at least in terms of F&B. In addition to the pre-packaged 7-11 food found everywhere, they also still have hot items at the buffet counter. There was a vegetarian Pho which I didn't try as well as seasoned rice and pinto beans, butternut squash, and chicken on offer. I had a taste of each of these and overall they were pretty decent by domestic lounge food standards.

I was one of about five total guests in the lounge at the time so there were no waits for anything. I was also the sole person sitting outside on the SkyDeck which surprised me because it was a really nice day out, but that was pleasant as it alleviated the need to wear a mask for a while. I didn't have any drinks from the bar in an effort to save my liver for the Centurion Lounge. Overall a pretty nice SC experience. Goes to show there isn't really anything that precludes them from being able to serve better food in other clubs throughout the network.

From the SC I switched to the Centurion Lounge. For those who have not been to the JFK location it's fantastic. It was my first visit and a wonderful guest services agent gave me a tour of the lounge and walked me down to the speakeasy. I was alone in the speakeasy for probably an hour and a half and enjoyed a few craft cocktails and conversation with the excellent staff there. I left with enough time to have some of the great food offerings in the lounge being that I knew DL wouldn't be serving anything on board. Overall, the food was great, though the options were a bit more limited than I had experienced in MIA a few days earlier. Still, I would recommend this lounge over the SC for food and beverage. The one plus for the SC is the SkyDeck which is probably the only thing the Centurion Lounge cannot compete with.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
So, overall the JFK SC is currently the best in the network IMO, at least in terms of F&B. In addition to the pre-packaged 7-11 food found everywhere, they also still have hot items at the buffet counter. There was a vegetarian Pho which I didn't try as well as seasoned rice and pinto beans, butternut squash, and chicken on offer. I had a taste of each of these and overall they were pretty decent by domestic lounge food standards.

I was one of about five total guests in the lounge at the time so there were no waits for anything. I was also the sole person sitting outside on the SkyDeck which surprised me because it was a really nice day out, but that was pleasant as it alleviated the need to wear a mask for a while. I didn't have any drinks from the bar in an effort to save my liver for the Centurion Lounge. Overall a pretty nice SC experience. Goes to show there isn't really anything that precludes them from being able to serve better food in other clubs throughout the network.

From the SC I switched to the Centurion Lounge. For those who have not been to the JFK location it's fantastic. It was my first visit and a wonderful guest services agent gave me a tour of the lounge and walked me down to the speakeasy. I was alone in the speakeasy for probably an hour and a half and enjoyed a few craft cocktails and conversation with the excellent staff there. I left with enough time to have some of the great food offerings in the lounge being that I knew DL wouldn't be serving anything on board. Overall, the food was great, though the options were a bit more limited than I had experienced in MIA a few days earlier. Still, I would recommend this lounge over the SC for food and beverage. The one plus for the SC is the SkyDeck which is probably the only thing the Centurion Lounge cannot compete with.
I'll be back in MEX tomorrow. Hopefully one of their lounges have some real food. But, the salon premier lounge does have some good fruit and nut snack packages 😀
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I'll be back in MEX tomorrow. Hopefully one of their lounges have some real food. But, the salon premier lounge does have some good fruit and nut snack packages 😀
No change in the Salon Premier offering as of last weekend. Centurion was still closed, but based on the signs about cleanliness and new lounge experience/Christmas tree inside, it looks like they may be about to reopen.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
LGA SC was def not busy a few days ago but the most people I’ve seen in here since COVID-19.

Turkey sandwich is gone in place of roast beef now.

LGA....no hot food like JFK.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Nov 12, 2020 at 12:24 pm
Old Nov 11, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta PM
Anyone been through PHX recently? Will be passing through in a few weeks and pre-Covid enjoyed some of the unique things they served.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
DTW is reopening the B/C club next week, which will be good since the Main A club does tend to get a bit crowded "by Covid-era standards" around the peak departure banks.

In the past week, the Center A club they have made a more formal bar-like serving area for the bartenders by what used to the self-serve drink area. It used to be just a table with plexiglass, but now it actually is more like a bar-setup.
rylan and tardyturtle like this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 8:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Should the grievance proceed to arbitration, the University will insist on a bifurcated hearing on procedural arbitrability, separate and apart from the merits.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by A321neo
Should the grievance proceed to arbitration, the University will insist on a bifurcated hearing on procedural arbitrability, separate and apart from the merits.
Huh? 🤨
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 8:59 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Asked one of the Atlanta Sky Club Main Terminal A team members about the E club re opening this morning. She said she is hearing by the end of November. Back in "the day" before the apocalypse, E was my favorite club. Hope she was right. With the flight schedules a little restricted right now, i am finding my lay overs a little longer than normal and would love to use the E club.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Asked one of the Atlanta Sky Club Main Terminal A team members about the E club re opening this morning. She said she is hearing by the end of November. Back in "the day" before the apocalypse, E was my favorite club. Hope she was right. With the flight schedules a little restricted right now, i am finding my lay overs a little longer than normal and would love to use the E club.
I'm really hoping OFS reopens soon now that E is reopening. With OFS and Ecco both closed there aren't a lot of decent sit-down options at ATL currently.
Ryno1234 and GagaPilot like this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
also on my personal wish list since all politics are local I would love to see the EWR club re open. im in and out of EWR a few times a month and with that terminals pre check/pre check lite randomness in security, i always get there way early just in case. that club is a great club to use.
AANYC1981 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.