Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DTWflyer
DTW B/C club reopened as of Tue 11/17. Nice and quiet when I was in there today.

Same F&B options as the main club.
great club. will be there next two weeks. looking forward to it.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
MN is closing down indoor dining (and indoor drinking in bars) at midnight tomorrow. I don't know whether this will affect the MSP SC(s) and other airport lounges and F&B outlets. My best guess is that anything airside will be allowed to stay open, but I haven't seen this addressed in any of the announcements or news coverage.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
MN is closing down indoor dining (and indoor drinking in bars) at midnight tomorrow. I don't know whether this will affect the MSP SC(s) and other airport lounges and F&B outlets. My best guess is that anything airside will be allowed to stay open, but I haven't seen this addressed in any of the announcements or news coverage.
Hopefully it's not another idiotic situation like LAX where you have to take the food out into the main terminal to eat it.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Well for a data-point, similar order went into effect yesterday in Michigan and it didn't impact anything in the Skyclubs in DTW.
Single-serve food options were the same, and the bartender serving drinks in the bar area.

What I did notice in the terminal was that all restaurants had closed-off their tables/seating area and instead you could still order "take-out" but just had to eat it in the gate area seating.

....it is what it is.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cmd320
Hopefully it's not another idiotic situation like LAX where you have to take the food out into the main terminal to eat it.
Yeah this is my concern too. As i mentioned a few posts ago, LAX skyclub is worthless right now. It has free wifi, a bathroom and decent chairs. Or in other words, just like gate 25B at LAX
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Any reports from the ORD club recently? Is it still self serve bar? Food options?

I have a same day inbound on AA and an outbound on DL so can use either club and trying to decide which one will be better for drinks and food options
Old Nov 19, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The text of the executive order explicitly exempts restaurants and food courts inside security at airports. I've modified the order of these quotes for clarity:
All Places of Public Accommodation open under this Executive Order must adhere to the requirements set forth in [this order]... The following Places of Public Accommodation are closed to members of the public as set forth below... Restaurants, food courts, cafes, coffeehouses, bars, taverns, breweries... For the purposes of this Executive Order, the following establishments and facilities are not Places of Public Accommodation... Restaurants and food courts inside the secured zones of airports.
FWIW, in May when restaurant dining was initially closed in Minneapolis, restaurants in MSP were allowed to operate (albeit, only four or so of them were open due to low demand). I remember it felt a bit weird sitting at B-dubs having a beer and wings after not having eaten at a restaurant in months.

Based on the above, I think the restaurants and SkyClub will be safe.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Yeah this is my concern too. As i mentioned a few posts ago, LAX skyclub is worthless right now. It has free wifi, a bathroom and decent chairs. Or in other words, just like gate 25B at LAX
This was essentially my experience in the SC at LAX. In fact, the whole DL operation at LAX leaves a lot to be desired from the terrible ground staff to the SC to the awful terminal experience, hands down worst LAX operation at the moment IMO.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 7:34 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Any reports from the ORD club recently? Is it still self serve bar? Food options?

I have a same day inbound on AA and an outbound on DL so can use either club and trying to decide which one will be better for drinks and food options
Answering my own question for an FYI:

no more self serve booze at the ORD SC....there’s now a bartender behind a plexiglass shield you order from. Bagels and two types of cold breakfast sandwiches are available in addition to the normal cereal and cheese-it stuff.

There is real glassware for adult beverages.

I never want to see another Cheeze-it package once this is all over....yuck!
Old Nov 23, 2020, 10:42 am
Suspended

JFK-T4

Lasagna and broccoli rabe

Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
JFK-T4

Lasagna and broccoli rabe
Seems like JFK continues to have the best product in the system at the moment.
KenTarmac and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmd320
Seems like JFK continues to have the best product in the system at the moment.
For sure! There were more club employees in the skyclub than actual customers which was sad
KenTarmac and cmd320 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bonoman
C club is supposed to open 11.17 from what I heard in the MSP SC this afternoon.
It appears that this had not come to fruition. Checked today and MSP C is still closed.

I also walked by the distant G gates to see if I could get a sense of how the new G17 SkyClub is coming, and everything is drywalled off. I wonder if construction is on track to open next year?
Old Nov 23, 2020, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just got an email from Delta about my trip later this week that said SkyClub at PBI was open. Report will follow after I see for myself.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
It appears that this had not come to fruition. Checked today and MSP C is still closed.

I also walked by the distant G gates to see if I could get a sense of how the new G17 SkyClub is coming, and everything is drywalled off. I wonder if construction is on track to open next year?
Not surprised, but then again, our governor only annc'ed a shutdown again in the past week in MN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.