Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2020, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Today, I was in the LAX SkyClub for their breakfast and lunch offerings. The breakfast was the usual items, such as boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, sandwiches, veggies, cookies etc. I asked if they were going to have my favorite Mac & Cheese and I was told no, but they're were having grilled cheese sandwiches. So, I had one of those, some corn chowder and a few other things. Good selection of chick peas/hummus snacks and mini sandwiches.

This morning was unbearable as far as the number of people here. I stayed only 20 minutes. Couldn't deal with it. Especially with mostly everyone not wearing masks while eating.

My flight was delayed so I came back a few hours later and it was a ghost town. Nice and relaxful.

Looks like a great spread. Unfortunately, seems like the more food offerings there are, the more people linger and eat them, making others uncomfortable. The good thing about grab and go is it discourages that behavior.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Looks like a great spread. Unfortunately, seems like the more food offerings there are, the more people linger and eat them, making others uncomfortable. The good thing about grab and go is it discourages that behavior.
I also wanted to mention that the staff started making more announcements regarding the wearing of masks, and have also added a few additional guidelines that I didn't hear during my last visit in September. They are now telling guests to leave their masks on the entire time, and only slip it off between each drink, but leave it around your neck or chin while eating/drinking and don't remove it. If only the people would listen to them.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
For those going to LAX Sky Club, when you go to your gates and possibly need to sit down, they've been sanitizing all the seats manually, including in-between them.
KenTarmac and Pianoman109876 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the Sky Deck open in JFK at the moment? Is the club still staying open until 1030pm as before? Wondering if they close the bar or food service before that or keep it open until closing time?
Old Oct 11, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is the Sky Deck open in JFK at the moment? Is the club still staying open until 1030pm as before? Wondering if they close the bar or food service before that or keep it open until closing time?
Sky Deck is open — spent a very pleasant afternoon there today; although it's fairly warm for October so not sure if they'll close it once the weather gets cold again. Don't have an answer to the other two questions but the last time I was in the JFK SC (in July) they kept it open until the last flight of the night and the bar and food remained open throughout (although the last flight then was JFK-BOS departing 7.45pm lol)
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I also wanted to mention that the staff started making more announcements regarding the wearing of masks, and have also added a few additional guidelines that I didn't hear during my last visit in September. They are now telling guests to leave their masks on the entire time, and only slip it off between each drink, but leave it around your neck or chin while eating/drinking and don't remove it. If only the people would listen to them.
Does nothing to protect any more than normal. It still has to be removed from over mouth/nose. If anything it actually increases risk as you're touching mask more often.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 10:52 pm

That's because the various health and government authorities have been all over DAL and the LAX club. They threatened to shut down the club if they didn't get rid of the self-service bar immediately - so the contraption DAL rolled out to get any kind of beverage whether it's on ice or not is there to stay for a while.

Old Oct 11, 2020, 11:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Does nothing to protect any more than normal. It still has to be removed from over mouth/nose. If anything it actually increases risk as you're touching mask more often.
Honestly if someone is concerned about strict mask protocols in the SC, it’s probably best for them to just skip it all together. As the SC is a lounge with food & beverage, a good percentage of the people in the club will have their mask off to eat/drink and I’d assume most won’t bother to put it back on when seated since they don’t want to bother with constantly taking it on and off to eat and drink. Many restaurants have policies in place that mask only need to be worn when walking around the restaurant and don’t need to be worn when seated at a table and I’d assume most in the SC just follow this standard protocol at this point.
cmd320 and dmarge18 like this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Day Passes Missing Revenue Opportunity

It appears that SkyClubs attendance is way down compared to pre pandemic levels. At the same time DL has eliminated day passes to SkyClubs a couple of years ago. Seems like a good opportunity for them to bring it back to generate incremental revenue while the clubs are less than full. Surprised DL is missing this unless I am missing something why its not happening.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by asnovici
It appears that SkyClubs attendance is way down compared to pre pandemic levels. At the same time DL has eliminated day passes to SkyClubs a couple of years ago. Seems like a good opportunity for them to bring it back to generate incremental revenue while the clubs are less than full. Surprised DL is missing this unless I am missing something why its not happening.
I don't really understand the elimination of day passes personally. It seems like a good way to get supplemental revenue, and if the lounge is busy you can always say day passes are offered on a capacity-limited basis.
asnovici likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by cmd320
I don't really understand the elimination of day passes personally. It seems like a good way to get supplemental revenue, and if the lounge is busy you can always say day passes are offered on a capacity-limited basis.
The only possibility I can think of is that AMEX pushed them to do this so people are incentivized to apply for the cards or buy membership. Still doesnt seem like a good reason if you look at AA and UA who continue to offer the day pass options.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
JFK T4 SkyClub hot food over the weekend included breaded chicken cutlets, Mac and Cheese with bacon, mushrooms, spinach and parsley/cilantro toppings. They also had two hot soup options - Italian wedding soup or chicken noodle, and mini-quiches. All hot food served by an attendant.

At LHR, Delta (and Virgin) now use the T2 Plaza Premium lounge for departures..showers were not open. I was there for breakfast and they had a decent offering of a typical English breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans etc) and the normal cold items like cereals and yogurt

Bar area..upon entry, was given coupons for free drinks

Dining area

Some self-serve juices and iced teas
DCFlyer0306 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
JFK T4 SkyClub hot food over the weekend included breaded chicken cutlets, Mac and Cheese with bacon, mushrooms, spinach and parsley/cilantro toppings
I wonder if this will soon be improved with the arrival of the JFK Centurion Lounge.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:59 am

Good to know about the hot food at JFK. I have a flight there in November. Just yesterday, I was back in LAX and they still have a few small offerings of hot food like soup and max/cheese but nothing like in that picture posted above at JFK. However, I do like LAXs mini slider sandwiches. All the different varieties are good.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
SFO club now open till last departure (11pm). Website still showing the wrong hours.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.