Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2020, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cmd320
I don't really understand the elimination of day passes personally. It seems like a good way to get supplemental revenue, and if the lounge is busy you can always say day passes are offered on a capacity-limited basis.
Maybe DL believes that the sale of day passes cannibalizes their revenue from SC memberships, the DL Reserve card, and generally choice benefits to the extend that SC options are more expensive for DL than the alternative choices.

I suspect that DL would rather sell a membership or a Reserve card than a couple day passes and of course only DL's big data analytics knows the numbers for this tradeoff.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
All of the food offering at SC looks better than what's available at United Club. Based on my 2 data points, they have pre-packaged carb snacks (think Oreos, Chips Ahoy, potato chips, brownies), Seran-wrapped fruits, and instant noodles.

Originally Posted by tardyturtle
I have noticed that food often gets additional screening. Once I had some prepackaged solid food in my bag and they asked to manually inspect it and I've seen additional inspection of other passengers' snacks. Not sure why exactly *shrug*.

My sense is that many people take advantage of the "you can have your mask off when eating or drinking" policy and just always have a topped off drink!
Based on what the TSA agent told me, food items shows up on their screen as a giant blob, and it blocks the items underneath the food. Hence they do a double take to make sure the blob is legit food item and not something else.

With that said, food is definitely allowed through security as long as it's not liquid-like (e.g., yogurt, soup, or porridge), or keep such items at less than 100mL. However, I thought there's a standing rule that no outside food is allowed in SkyClubs, due to health code requirements.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 4:49 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
At MSP right now - nice to see a different selection from a few weeks ago. Three different sandwich options (chipotle chicken, ham cheese, and fake tuna). Plus a couple salad “shakers” (chicken Caesar and a mixed greens type).

Mask usage is not great though
Old Oct 19, 2020, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by United747
At MSP right now - nice to see a different selection from a few weeks ago. Three different sandwich options (chipotle chicken, ham cheese, and fake tuna). Plus a couple salad “shakers” (chicken Caesar and a mixed greens type).

I thought the same! Also really liked the pretzel/hummus all in one container. Although the pretzels don't scoop as well as the Ritz crackers did, I hated having to unpackaged every pair of crackers! I also prefer the Maruchan ramen this last time compared to the other stuff they had.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Well, I'll be looking through the ATL offerings tomorrow. Originally I had a 5+ hour layover so I had been planning to relax on the SkyDeck at F with a bottle of Dom, however I was able to lower that to 90 minutes so now I'm thinking I primarily just need actual food since I'm sure I won't be seeing that on my originating or connecting flight.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
Well, I'll be looking through the ATL offerings tomorrow. Originally I had a 5+ hour layover so I had been planning to relax on the SkyDeck at F with a bottle of Dom, however I was able to lower that to 90 minutes so now I'm thinking I primarily just need actual food since I'm sure I won't be seeing that on my originating or connecting flight.
... not sure why you wouldn’t be able to enjoy a bottle of Dom on your 90 minute layover . You DEFINITELY won’t see that on either of your flights!
cmd320 and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tardyturtle
... not sure why you wouldn’t be able to enjoy a bottle of Dom on your 90 minute layover . You DEFINITELY won’t see that on either of your flights!
Haha, on one hand I’d accept the challenge, on the other I’ll be back in two weeks with a lot more time so I’m thinking that would be more opportune.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 6:02 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Haha, on one hand I’d accept the challenge, on the other I’ll be back in two weeks with a lot more time so I’m thinking that would be more opportune.
I’ll be more than happy to help you finish a bottle of Dom.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by United747

Bolding above is mine. I might be ignorant about this but what is "Fake Tuna"? I have heard of fake crab made out of fish but how do you fake tuna?
Old Oct 20, 2020, 6:10 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Bolding above is mine. I might be ignorant about this but what is "Fake Tuna"? I have heard of fake crab made out of fish but how do you fake tuna?
I can’t recall exactly what the label said, but it was something like “faux tuna sandwich”.

A quick google search brings up chickpeas
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Vegan tuna? Yikes.
AeRoSpaceman and cmd320 like this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Vegan tuna? Yikes.
Wonder where they procure the tuna smell from... ;-)
Old Oct 20, 2020, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, the offerings at A center point this evening were they typical selection. I guess basil is on sale this month because they were featuring a pesto chicken ‘slider’ which was served on a mini croissant. There was also a tomato/mozzarella caprese smothered in pesto. These were some of the most bland things I’ve ever tasted, though luckily I ate at Chang’s just before.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Congress needs to pass an equal treatment law for Sky Clubs. 😁

But seriously why is it that clubs at the same airport receive better food offerings than others? A Centerpoint, C, and D clubs always seemed to have fewer/worse food options than the other clubs.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Congress needs to pass an equal treatment law for Sky Clubs. 😁

But seriously why is it that clubs at the same airport receive better food offerings than others? A Centerpoint, C, and D clubs always seemed to have fewer/worse food options than the other clubs.
Well, A Centerpoint is a level higher than most of them so maybe they can’t afford to get the extra provisions up that next elevator. D is in the basement, so maybe they’re concerned the ramp workers will stage a coup and raid the SkyClub. C is for people who fly on RJs and let’s face it, their days are already so disappointing even a meager cheez-it mini pack will look like something out of Nobu to them.

In all seriousness though, I know E and F used to get higher-end provisions because they primarily handled international flights.
DCFlyer0306 and United747 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.