Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2020, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ekozie
Totally wrong, yet again. DL is still the largest carrier at MEM, and there's no indication that SC will close.
Actually you're both wrong. The largest carrier at MEM by far is FedEx.
MSPeconomist and ekozie like this.

Last edited by ryandc99; Aug 16, 2020 at 11:16 am Reason: removed quote
Old Aug 16, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by cmd320
Actually you're both wrong. The largest carrier at MEM by far is FedEx.
Last time I was at the FedEx club at MEM, I was very disappointed by the F&B and decor, and told the attendant that it looked like the inside of a cardboard box.

She was very rude, and said, "Sir, this is a secured area, you're going to need to come with me" and then called the police .
MSPeconomist, cmd320 and dmarge18 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ekozie
DL is still the largest carrier at MEM, and there's no indication that SC will close.

See link:

https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/...s-largest.html

Last edited by ryandc99; Aug 16, 2020 at 11:17 am Reason: removed quote of inflammatory
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:18 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Kind Warning:

Please refrain from arguing on this thread. We will give this thread a 24 hour cooling off period.

Ryandc99, Moderator Delta Air Lines
Old Aug 18, 2020, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DCA club not too long ago....turkey and bacon sandwiches were also on offer and a hot water/soup mixture.

AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton HHonors, AAdvantage, Tier 8 Status - Hotel Tonight
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Was quite impressed with the food offerings at DCA. Packaged salads, wraps, pita, cookies, lemon bars- better than United Clubs or Admirals Clubs pre-Covid
MSP was gross, hospital quality buns with deli meat and wilted salad. But MSP had signs saying a new fresh food menu would be coming in weeks.

DCA Snack spread

MSP snacks
Pre COVID-19 I was always disappointed with the quality of food and services at the MSP SkyClubs. Last November when I was there the restrooms were shut down and had to resort to using the ones in the terminal (which were far away and crowded.) Never was really impressed by the food either and generally speaking it was always a Zoo whenever I've visited.

Regarding the DEN Club, I don't see how they could even staff a full service bar there as it really isn't set up for it. They don't even have a restroom inside the lounge. Self-Service booze at that club was always fun as I liked mixing my own strong vodka & cokes.

Last edited by LAX_AUS_DL_FLYER; Aug 18, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Old Aug 19, 2020, 8:34 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Folks - I have just re-opened this thread after having to close it a second time. Please do not engage in pointless arguments. This is the final warning before suspensions will be issued for arguing on this thread.

Thank you,
Ryandc99 Moderator Delta Air Lines
Old Aug 20, 2020, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any thoughts as to if DL will provide further skyclub membership extensions beyond the 6 months they added since the closures started in March? We're coming up on 6 months since then, and with many clubs still closed and significantly reduced amenities for those that are open. Doesn't really justify the current cost.
Maybe they should offer a reduced price 'covid' membership tier that gets you in until clubs resume normal operations?
Old Aug 20, 2020, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
Any thoughts as to if DL will provide further skyclub membership extensions beyond the 6 months they added since the closures started in March? We're coming up on 6 months since then, and with many clubs still closed and significantly reduced amenities for those that are open. Doesn't really justify the current cost.
Maybe they should offer a reduced price 'covid' membership tier that gets you in until clubs resume normal operations?
They realistically should extend memberships to at least a year or whenever they decide to reopen the remaining clubs and restore normal service (food, beverage, shower, etc.).

In the cases of those clubs that may never reopen, like they've done in the past they should work with people on a case by case basis to either refund membership or offer some other kind of compensation.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
At the BNA lounge. The dragon was as nice as can be and seemed relieved to meet anyone. She talked about how excited they were that they re-opened.

The set-up is like the others. Mostly packed stuff. The bar was open (too early for me).

BNA food layout...

10am on a weekday. I’m the only passenger here...

itsabravenewworld likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 9:42 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Looks like ORD might be open now? The “temporarily closed” notation has been removed from the app!

I’m not flying for another month to check, but still glad to see it.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by United747
Looks like ORD might be open now? The “temporarily closed” notation has been removed from the app!

I’m not flying for another month to check, but still glad to see it.
Nice! I have a few trips to ORD planned for the late fall, so would be nice if it were open.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 11:15 am

Sorry to report that the LAX self serve bar is now gone. It’s roped off in an ad hoc fashion like the DTW club now. Soda is also “behind the rope”. Coffee remains self pour.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by cmd320
They realistically should extend memberships to at least a year or whenever they decide to reopen the remaining clubs and restore normal service (food, beverage, shower, etc.).

In the cases of those clubs that may never reopen, like they've done in the past they should work with people on a case by case basis to either refund membership or offer some other kind of compensation.
I didn't even get the six month extension. Guess I'll have to send in a request......

David
Old Aug 20, 2020, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I didn't even get the six month extension. Guess I'll have to send in a request......

David
It was automatic if you were a club member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.