Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2020, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
LGA SkyClub.....full bar with glassware.

AA is lying to customers saying they can’t offer much due to “local laws” at this same airport.

I agree most likely a fib. However I posted in another thread (never got a reply confirming/denying what I brought up) that it may have to do with fact AA sells food at their clubs. DL doesn't sell food. I dont know NY order exact wording, but this can make a difference in some jurisdictions.
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I agree most likely a fib. However I posted in another thread (never got a reply confirming/denying what I brought up) that it may have to do with fact AA sells food at their clubs. DL doesn't sell food. I dont know NY order exact wording, but this can make a difference in some jurisdictions.
I recall seeing that but doesn’t DL technically get considered as a bar since they sell $$ drinks as the Luxury Bar?
Old Jul 24, 2020, 5:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
The major take away from all the Airline and Hotel Covid-19 threads is mainly about the guests or passenger experience with eating and drinking. That's primarily the number 1 complaint going around and number 2 the enforcement of masks. Maybe down the road they'll have a mask and non-mask areas, like they do for smoking 😊
Old Jul 24, 2020, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
LGA SkyClub.....full bar with glassware.

AA is lying to customers saying they can’t offer much due to “local laws” at this same airport.
I’d be inclined to agree however because AA is offering fuller service at other clubs around the country it doesn’t make too much sense that they’d just want to cheAAp out in the NY market. Being that this is market specific I would think it’s somehow related to the classification and probably centers around some weird NY law.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
https://news.delta.com/select-delta-...tection-guests

7 more SCs to re-open throughout the month of July (no dates given). The clubs listed as re-opening in the article are “Chicago O’Hare (E Concourse), Denver, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix and San Francisco.” I asked my friend who works for DL in MCO if they knew what the exact date of the re-opening was for the MCO SC and was told July 8th. I’m not sure what will be offered alcoholic as the state of FL ordered all bars to stop serving alcohol for on site consumption last week.
Anyone heard any further info on some of these others like BNA?
Old Jul 25, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Given the projected decrease in number of flights, as well as potentially a number of passengers flying, I wonder how many of these closed clubs will not open anytime soon.....
Old Jul 25, 2020, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to the DL website the A Centerpoint lounge reopened. Definitely good news as that's probably my favorite lounge in ATL outside of F.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 10:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
SFO reopened today. 5-6 pax right now and as many or more staff/employees scattered around the club enthusiastically greeting everyone.

Old Jul 28, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
MIA re-opened last Wednesday. I was 1 of 3 people there last week, but the staff and bartenders were as wonderful as ever. Didn't take pics, but the spread mirrored other clubs.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Nice to see more gradually opening
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dtwlarry
Thanks, MN Redfox! Any details to share from inside the SC, or were things similar to what's been presented above?

And wrong forum, but any chance you walked near the AmEx Centurion Lounge under construction? :-0)
Well finally went back in the other day. Drink service is same as before, all food is packaged snacks. But pretty good selection to be honest, pretty close to amount of options as SLC.
dtwlarry likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are mask requirements being enforced in SCs?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Definitely for entry but not while eating or drinking, just like flights.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Definitely for entry but not while eating or drinking, just like flights.
Can confirm this as well. People are always wearing them on entry and in general moving around the club. While seated and eating/drinking it's acceptable to have it removed.
dtwlarry likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
Can confirm this as well. People are always wearing them on entry and in general moving around the club. While seated and eating/drinking it's acceptable to have it removed.
My last several flights the skyclubs were almost empty, which was excellent for me. I wonder what Delta plans on doing when bookings really start picking up? I'm hoping they limit the capacity to 50% or have an area just for folks wearing masks. I don't want anybody sitting by me without a mask chatting away on the phone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.