Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Was quite impressed with the food offerings at DCA. Packaged salads, wraps, pita, cookies, lemon bars- better than United Clubs or Admirals Clubs pre-Covid
MSP was gross, hospital quality buns with deli meat and wilted salad. But MSP had signs saying a new fresh food menu would be coming in weeks.

DCA Snack spread

MSP snacks
KenTarmac, ACCDraw and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:10 pm

Sounds better than the cheezit only menu in beginning of May lol (at least drinks were still in glassware). I was in ATL 2 weeks ago and thought it was still lacking (they were out of gin) but I did enjoy the pimento cheese sandwiches, hope they have them again when I pass back through next week.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Sounds better than the cheezit only menu in beginning of May lol (at least drinks were still in glassware). I was in ATL 2 weeks ago and thought it was still lacking (they were out of gin) but I did enjoy the pimento cheese sandwiches.
If you have the time I find F in ATL to be better than A.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
If you have the time I find F in ATL to be better than A.
I did go to F on my first pass through but it was eerie being literally the only one in there (10am on a Saturday) so I went to A on the way back.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
https://news.delta.com/select-delta-...tection-guests

7 more SCs to re-open throughout the month of July (no dates given). The clubs listed as re-opening in the article are “Chicago O’Hare (E Concourse), Denver, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix and San Francisco.” I asked my friend who works for DL in MCO if they knew what the exact date of the re-opening was for the MCO SC and was told July 8th. I’m not sure what will be offered alcoholic as the state of FL ordered all bars to stop serving alcohol for on site consumption last week.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:23 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Was quite impressed with the food offerings at DCA. Packaged salads, wraps, pita, cookies, lemon bars- better than United Clubs or Admirals Clubs pre-Covid
MSP was gross, hospital quality buns with deli meat and wilted salad. But MSP had signs saying a new fresh food menu would be coming in weeks.

DCA Snack spread

MSP snacks
Thanks for sharing! They're doing better than when I was flying when this all started back in late March / early April. Those snacks look pretty good.
Adam1222 and ACCDraw like this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
https://news.delta.com/select-delta-...tection-guests

7 more SCs to re-open throughout the month of July (no dates given). The clubs listed as re-opening in the article are “Chicago O’Hare (E Concourse), Denver, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix and San Francisco.” I asked my friend who works for DL in MCO if they knew what the exact date of the re-opening was for the MCO SC and was told July 8th. I’m not sure what will be offered alcoholic as the state of FL ordered all bars to stop serving alcohol for on site consumption last week.
I bet they have alcohol, the closure is revenue based. Bars close if 51% or more revenue is alcohol. All bars (or "restaurants") that have 51% or more revenue from food can stay open for on site consumption.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
I bet they have alcohol, the closure is revenue based. Bars close if 51% or more revenue is alcohol. All bars (or "restaurants") that have 51% or more revenue from food can stay open for on site consumption.
Exactly. This is very specific to places like dive bars or nightclubs. Restaurant bars are still open.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by Hepsaint
Any recent experiences at the LAX (Terminal 2) Skyclub? I was there in early May and they had prepackaged snacks, no hot food, and the bar are was still self-service. . . .
I was there a few hours ago.
Fresh in cups: Insalata Caprese, egg salad, hummus with pretzels, salad, fresh cut fruit.
Pre-made sandwiches in plastic.
Prepackaged Snacks: Cheez-itz, Mixed Nuts, Almonds
Bar is self-serve with assorted liquor and mixers, wine, coffee, tea

No hot food.
Sky Club had “maybe” a dozen people. Immaculate.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
BOS skyclub bar is open and fully stocked - normal comp beverages as well as premium. Nice spread for breakfast as well... oatmeal packs, eggs, little sandwiches, muffins, fruit, yogurt, overnight oats, nuts etc. There are a total of 4 other people here.

Fyi for those who like wine... they have a new wine list here and are clearing out the previous premium selection as complimentary... so some decent stuff.

AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Looks good! Interesting Jack Daniels isn’t on the comp list anymore.....I know a few people that will not be happy about that.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:11 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Unhappy

Originally Posted by rylan
BOS skyclub bar is open and fully stocked - normal comp beverages as well as premium. Nice spread for breakfast as well... oatmeal packs, eggs, little sandwiches, muffins, fruit, yogurt, overnight oats, nuts etc. There are a total of 4 other people here.

Famous Grouse for scotch???
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aloha1
Famous Grouse for scotch???
New Amsterdam Vodka? I thought the usual was Smirnoff?

I also thought the usual gin was Bombay...
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by cmd320
New Amsterdam Vodka? I thought the usual was Smirnoff?

I also thought the usual gin was Bombay...
I honestly think it varies. I've seen different "house" vodkas across different clubs at different times.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:24 am

No premium spirits available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.