Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2020, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Anyone have any experience with Breakfast options at Sea Tac ? Are Sky Clubs reducing prices as a result of limited service?
They added six months to existing memberships. In my case, my membership was to have expired on March 20, 2020. They gave me six extra months from April 15 to October 14. I had let my membership lapse as I upgraded my AMEX card to the Reserve card, which gave me SkyClub access and was cheaper than paying for the AMEX gold Delta card I used to have plus a separate individual membership in the SkyClub. Plus, if you want to qualify for the AMEX $25k spending waiver to qualify for silver, gold or platinum medallion, you had to upgrade your card.

As far as the club near gate A1 at SEA is concerned, all they had available in there were prepackaged items, canned soda and bottled water. Before COVID struck, they had a pretty good breakfast buffet in that club. It is not in operation now.
OPENROAD likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 9:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by David7
Is alcohol for purchase (champagne, wine, liquor) available in the ATL SkyClub now?
The pay bar bottles had been taken down when I was in both the D27 and F clubs last Friday (6/5/20). They do have one sparkling wine, a couple of still wines, their complimentary rail hard liquor and Michelob ultra on draft.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Pretty sure C is still active. T, B and E are pretty much dead.
C is active because WN is in the south end of that concourse.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by manacit
I was there last weekend (June 6th) and they had some "prepackaged" items, but nothing as substantial as a Luvo wrap. They did have some halfhearted attempts at sandwiches - individually wrapped halves of a couple of different ham/etc, as well as some things like kind bars and almonds. Individual cans of soda and OJ were available grab and go as well.

No chowder, or anything else that would need to use a common utensil to serve - only prepackaged items.

JFK was similar - I was there for breakfast and they had individual containers of yoghurt, donut holes (three to a small box), and things like that.
Okay, thank you for the update.
That doesn't sound appealing. Sounds like their food went from business-class meal to economy snacks.
Well, who could blame them if there're only 5 pax in the lounge at a time and the company's losing money day after day.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 6:29 pm

Can anyone comment on MCO? Google says they're open, the wiki says they're not. I cannot find a definitive list on Delta. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place? Thank you!
Old Jun 15, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pfreet
Can anyone comment on MCO? Google says they're open, the wiki says they're not. I cannot find a definitive list on Delta. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place? Thank you!
Not on the list but not sure if it has since reopened.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cmd320
Not on the list but not sure if it has since reopened.
I was told by a friend of mine who works for DL at MCO they‘re planning on re-opening the MCO club in July.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 12:57 am

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Originally Posted by ND76
The pay bar bottles had been taken down when I was in both the D27 and F clubs last Friday (6/5/20). They do have one sparkling wine, a couple of still wines, their complimentary rail hard liquor and Michelob ultra on draft.
Thanks cmd320 and ND76 for the update. I wonder what they did with all the bottles of wine and champagne. Maybe they are still stored in the back or they returned them to the vendor...
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by David7
Thanks cmd320 and ND76 for the update. I wonder what they did with all the bottles of wine and champagne. Maybe they are still stored in the back or they returned them to the vendor...
I'm sure they kept them stored in a nice hot area
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:29 pm

MCO SkyClub was closed as of Sunday afternoon when I flew from there. The bar at the Outback is open for drinks, no food.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 11:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
They might want to think about reopening the second A at ATL. It was uncomfortably full last Thursday around 9 a.m.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by melissaru
They might want to think about reopening the second A at ATL. It was uncomfortably full last Thursday around 9 a.m.
It was basically at what I would consider to be capacity given the distancing guidelines two weeks ago. Shouldn't be that difficult for them to reopen the centerpoint one to offer some relief. I actually like that lounge considerably more than A17 anyway.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by silverholden
MCO SkyClub was closed as of Sunday afternoon when I flew from there. The bar at the Outback is open for drinks, no food.
Was the bar consume there only or also take away?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I was told by a friend of mine who works for DL at MCO they‘re planning on re-opening the MCO club in July.
With Universal already open and Disney and Sea World opening by 7/11, I figured they'd reopen MCO. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by ND76
They added six months to existing memberships. In my case, my membership was to have expired on March 20, 2020. They gave me six extra months from April 15 to October 14. I had let my membership lapse as I upgraded my AMEX card to the Reserve card, which gave me SkyClub access and was cheaper than paying for the AMEX gold Delta card I used to have plus a separate individual membership in the SkyClub. Plus, if you want to qualify for the AMEX $25k spending waiver to qualify for silver, gold or platinum medallion, you had to upgrade your card.

As far as the club near gate A1 at SEA is concerned, all they had available in there were prepackaged items, canned soda and bottled water. Before COVID struck, they had a pretty good breakfast buffet in that club. It is not in operation now.

What are security lines like through SeaTac at the moment? have a flight next week, with social distancing is getting through security longer or with the significant drop in passenger numbers not too bad, returning via LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.