Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2020, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
For those who have been through recently, does anybody know which ATL lounges have the Sweetwater taps working? I believe A17, D27 and F are the only ones open...

Also - are any concessions/starbucks etc. open in the terminals?
Old May 21, 2020, 9:34 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Originally Posted by SFTNYC
For those who have been through recently, does anybody know which ATL lounges have the Sweetwater taps working? I believe A17, D27 and F are the only ones open...

Also - are any concessions/starbucks etc. open in the terminals?
Yes Starbucks is open,,,the one on the same level as the F concourse was for sure open. Not sure about the beer..
Old May 21, 2020, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by SSF556
Yes Starbucks is open,,,the one on the same level as the F concourse was for sure open. Not sure about the beer..
Thanks!
Old May 21, 2020, 10:44 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
The draft beer taps were in operation at the MSP F/G Club on 5/5.
Old May 21, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, Marriott, Hertz, National, Chic-fil-A
Referring to the original image, I cannot help but to note the bleakness of that empty buffet and how it contrasts so greatly with our experiences at "free" buffets offered at airline lounges and hotel breakfast rooms.

Whether it's this exact SkyClub or any Hampton/Springhill/HI Express, the propensity of institutional-quality foodstuffs offered in unlimited quantities to instigate a literal feeding frenzy must have spread all kinds of bacteria, viruses, etc. via touch-points, sneezing, etc. But we accepted the risks and kept returning to the buffet for more food (and more germs!).

Just an observation, nothing more...
Old May 21, 2020, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by GlobeTrttr83
Referring to the original image, I cannot help but to note the bleakness of that empty buffet and how it contrasts so greatly with our experiences at "free" buffets offered at airline lounges and hotel breakfast rooms.

Whether it's this exact SkyClub or any Hampton/Springhill/HI Express, the propensity of institutional-quality foodstuffs offered in unlimited quantities to instigate a literal feeding frenzy must have spread all kinds of bacteria, viruses, etc. via touch-points, sneezing, etc. But we accepted the risks and kept returning to the buffet for more food (and more germs!).

Just an observation, nothing more...
The world is a dangerous place... granted the present virus seems to be more lethal/cause more health complications than viruses past but there was a weighing of cost/benefit that each one of us did when we chose to use buffets / ATMs / dine at restaurants / ride the subway (or an airplane for that matter)...
Old May 21, 2020, 5:58 pm
Suspended

How disappointing. Back when I was there in February both counters were full of food/drink offerings. That needs to make a comeback.
Old May 22, 2020, 2:12 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Ok, this isn't helping either...

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...-texas/611935/
Old May 22, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: UA Gold; 1MM; Marriot Lifetime Platinum
Currently sitting in ATL D concourse SkyClub. It’s quite busy but likely because ATL has closed half their clubs temporarily. As for masks. It was required for the flight and most folks in the club are wearing one.

when I made the reservation last week the seat map indicated enforced distancing by only being able to select certain seats. Ground truth was another story as we were all packed in next to each other. I assume empty seats are done until demand picks up. Of course we only have two flights going through our airport now so planes are bound to be pretty full.

Now for an important FlyerTalk tidbit. Mimosas in SkyClub are free. I haven’t been traveling in a while so this was a nice surprise
ryw likes this.
Old May 22, 2020, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
The masks that people are wearing do absolutely nothing to stop the virus...
The point of the masks aren't to filter stuff coming in and protect you from getting the virus... it is to help reduce and limit the 'spray' that is projected out while they are breathing, talking, yelling, sneezing etc. If you have a loud talker then they're going to have little droplets coming out also... the mask will catch those and reduce velocity so it isn't being projected out multiple feet. By wearing it you are helping reduce transmission to others.
melissaru and nycityny like this.
Old May 24, 2020, 12:44 am
Suspended

Haven't been in a SkyClub (or flown) since this whole thing started, what is the current food offerings? I am assuming actual food like soups, salads, hot dishes, dips & hummus etc are a thing of the past?
Old May 24, 2020, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
Haven't been in a SkyClub (or flown) since this whole thing started, what is the current food offerings? I am assuming actual food like soups, salads, hot dishes, dips & hummus etc are a thing of the past?
Packaged snacks only. ATL F has bananas, hardboiled eggs (in individual portions) and fruit cups this morning as well.
FlyDeltaMD88 likes this.
Old May 26, 2020, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Has anyone been to LGA-D club recently? Is there any bar service or just packaged snacks? TIA!
Old May 26, 2020, 8:39 pm

I was at the ATL SkyClub yesterday (Memorial Day). It was the one at D27, about 20 people inside. I enjoyed the Mimosas. Snacks were premade and served individually wrapped...salads and sandwich. I was just happy they were open for my 3 hour lay over.
Old May 26, 2020, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I noticed today in ATL the Club on the upper level of the A concourse (next to PF Chang’s) had many workers present. They looked to either be doing some serious remodeling or cleaning. It was of course still closed and they did have one agent who’s apparent purpose was to direct guests to the other Club. I was just upstairs to grab some lunch at PF Chang’s. (one of the few dine-in restaurants open).
From what I could tell by looking at the Delta Skyclub website, each terminal only had one club open..but since there's hardly anyone flying, that makes sense. It was weird to be at ATL and not seeing any flights take off or land except for a few CRJs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.