Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2020, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Yes. I work for a critical infrastructure essential service provider.
Read your other post. Sounds like you’re about to head home.
Good luck and thanks for sharing the pictures.
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 11:31 pm

Sky Club open status?

States are opening up non essential travel soon. I need to get back out there. What's up with Sky Clubs? Still mostly closed? Is there a good way to know which ones are e open and when?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pfreet
States are opening up non essential travel soon. I need to get back out there. What's up with Sky Clubs? Still mostly closed? Is there a good way to know which ones are e open and when?
See the wiki at the top of this thread (it's easy to miss in the pile of sticky threads at the top of the forum :-/)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...ovid-19-a.html
Old May 8, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Can anybody comment on the drinks selection at the ATL SkyClub? Is the regular "THE BAR" menu still available with drinks for purchase?

At SLC SkyClub there was no liquor for purchase but instead they were giving out "leftovers" of premium spirits e.g. Hendricks Gin or Botanist Gin without charging for it.
Old May 8, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by David7
Can anybody comment on the drinks selection at the ATL SkyClub? Is the regular "THE BAR" menu still available with drinks for purchase?

At SLC SkyClub there was no liquor for purchase but instead they were giving out "leftovers" of premium spirits e.g. Hendricks Gin or Botanist Gin without charging for it.
Last Thursday they just had beer and wine and not even any 420. They did have it in bottles on Friday. No premium and the food selection was a small assortment of packaged snacks. This was in the A17 club.
Old May 8, 2020, 9:29 am

Thanks a lot for the comment. That is very sad to hear. I wonder which reason they give for not offering any spirits. (Apart from the obvious reason that it could save money)
Old May 8, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by bonoman
Last Thursday they just had beer and wine and not even any 420. .
I would not expect the SkyClub to be giving out weed, (even in Denver.)
Old May 8, 2020, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Be happy there are clubs open....AA has literally no clubs open that you can enter

Last edited by AANYC1981; May 8, 2020 at 11:13 am
Old May 8, 2020, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Isn't ATL F the one with the good "luxury" bar?
Old May 8, 2020, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by David7
Thanks a lot for the comment. That is very sad to hear. I wonder which reason they give for not offering any spirits. (Apart from the obvious reason that it could save money)
How is not selling premium spirits saving money? Have you considered that passing money/credit cards back and forth is an additional vector for virus transmission and that is the reason for it?
Old May 8, 2020, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
Have you considered that passing money/credit cards back and forth is an additional vector for virus transmission and that is the reason for it?
Yes
Old May 8, 2020, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm curious, is DL still charging full price if somebody wants to go in to a skyclub? Or if you have an individual membership and want to bring in a guest?
Old May 9, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I have a 2.5hr layover in DTW monday morning, Does the Skyclub get crowded? and are there any restaurants besides Popeyes that is opened?
Old May 9, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I have a 2.5hr layover in DTW monday morning, Does the Skyclub get crowded? and are there any restaurants besides Popeyes that is opened?
The skyclub does get crowded but at this point I can assure you the sky club will not be crowded. As to restaurants, I don't know. I can assure you nothing will be open for dine-in eating.

Michigan is currently in phase 3 of 6 of reopening. Restaurants are not allowed to reopen for dine-in eating until phase 5.

Don't forget your mask. You'll be required to wear it on the flight.

https://www.newsweek.com/michigans-r...ckdown-1502835

Welcome to the new normal.

Last edited by KenTarmac; May 9, 2020 at 11:29 am
Old May 9, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rylan
I'm curious, is DL still charging full price if somebody wants to go in to a skyclub? Or if you have an individual membership and want to bring in a guest?
DL discontinued one-time entry purchases back in Jan 2019. There is nothing on the website about discounting guest access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.