Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2020, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Has there been any plans to announce reopenings? I hear bookings are up...
Old May 26, 2020, 10:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by BenA
This is indeed a thing in Seattle. Back in the "pasteurized process cheese food swiss-type flavor" days when the club was on the ground floor of the South Satellite, they actually had to offer international Y meals that would be microwaved on demand to comply with liquor control board regulations. They could theoretically do this again, but I doubt they're particularly motivated to do so by the cost structure right now.

(I ate a lot of microwaved tortelloni during the 6 months or so this was a thing.)
I remember this from the really great Crown Room that had a view of Mount Rainier (I think AA operates this space recently as an Admiral's Club). They served some kind of microwaveable shrimp and rice dish that they bought from Costco. It was delicious. They had to do this to satisfy Washington State's bizarre liquor laws.
Old May 27, 2020, 4:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ND76
I remember this from the really great Crown Room that had a view of Mount Rainier (I think AA operates this space recently as an Admiral's Club). They served some kind of microwaveable shrimp and rice dish that they bought from Costco. It was delicious. They had to do this to satisfy Washington State's bizarre liquor laws.
AA hasn't operated an Admirals Club in SEA in about 15 years.
Old May 28, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, Marriott, Hertz, National, Chic-fil-A
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Packaged snacks only. ATL F has bananas, hardboiled eggs (in individual portions) and fruit cups this morning as well.
I think the overcrowding problem that Delta SkyClubs had will also be a thing of the past and they will be struggling to rebuild that element of the business. The food and beverage offerings got to be rather good in some of the flagship clubs, at least by U.S. airline standards. I think it was a prudent move for DL to begin restricting access and increasing the fees to weed out kettles, etc. I wonder if DL will reverse course and lower the bar again to get people back into their planes and back into the clubs again. They will have to re-build the food/beverage program again because I sure will not pay $50/visit or upgrade to DL Reserve AMEX just to get a plastic-wrapped apple and some cookies...
dmarge18 likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by lianluo

Now for an important FlyerTalk tidbit. Mimosas in SkyClub are free. I haven’t been traveling in a while so this was a nice surprise
Mimosas have always been free!
Old May 29, 2020, 5:47 am

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Originally Posted by lianluo
I was at the ATL SkyClub yesterday (Memorial Day). It was the one at D27, about 20 people inside. I enjoyed the Mimosas. Snacks were premade and served individually wrapped...salads and sandwich. I was just happy they were open for my 3 hour lay over.
Were drinks available for purchase? e.g. spirits, wines or champagne?
Old May 31, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
With Disney, Universal, and Sea World reopening next week. it's time to reopen MCO Sky Club.
Old May 31, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by CMK10
AA hasn't operated an Admirals Club in SEA in about 15 years.
My mistake. The United Club currently operates at that location (near gate A10).
Old Jun 4, 2020, 1:02 am
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by SSF556
This says it all....I was the only person in there for about an hour and then several people showed up for the flights to Seoul.
Don't know which Seoul flight this would be, but I am hoping you know something about my issue. I am scheduled to fly to ICN once DL restarts that route. The flight is after midnight and the SC in E appears to be the only one open until midnight. The SC in F appears to close by 9pm.

So, would you recommend using SC in E if I am flying past midnight from F? Or, do Seoul passengers go to the lounge you posted about and are gate lice after 9pm?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 8:13 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Originally Posted by planes&trains
Don't know which Seoul flight this would be, but I am hoping you know something about my issue. I am scheduled to fly to ICN once DL restarts that route. The flight is after midnight and the SC in E appears to be the only one open until midnight. The SC in F appears to close by 9pm.

So, would you recommend using SC in E if I am flying past midnight from F? Or, do Seoul passengers go to the lounge you posted about and are gate lice after 9pm?
The flight I was referring to was the KAL 36 Korean Airlines flight that departs ATL around 12:30pm. Can't help ya on the future opening/closing times for the sky clubs. E is currently closed.

Once things return to normal I would use E for any late night flights.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

I wouldn't spend several hours at the gate if I can use an airport lounge for free without going outside of airport security.

BTW, there had been an independent contract (PP?) lounge in ATL across the atrium form the F SC. If it's open and keeps late hours (I know LH uses it), this might work if you have certain credit cards. It's called The Club (small chain of airport lounges). When it first opened, it had better food but worse wine than the SC IMO.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:24 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's called The Club (small chain of airport lounges). When it first opened, it had better food but worse wine than the SC IMO.
Thank you. I do have PP and will try The Club if SC closes at 9pm. I was hoping that if DL is selling D1 tickets from their hub, they would have a nice lounge open until the flight departs. But I will take this option.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 5:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thank you. I do have PP and will try The Club if SC closes at 9pm. I was hoping that if DL is selling D1 tickets from their hub, they would have a nice lounge open until the flight departs. But I will take this option.
You should be able to check their current hours on the PP website (find a lounge, enter airport, and click on the particular lounge choice).

IIRC at ATL in the past, both the E and F SCs were open to about 12:30 am, so one could run directly to the gate for the departures to southern South America around midnight.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
As of earlier this week, The Club at ATL remains closed. Only open lounges are the SkyClubs at A17, D, and F I believe.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
LGA Term C club

I will be travelling next week LGA-ATL-XXX to visit family for a long planned celebration for my elderly father. I am on the 6:35p flight out of LGA. I need to get some work done in the afternoon but would enjoy a few hours at the sky club before my flight. I know only the main club in Term C is open... my least favorite club in the system (i.e. that jerk bald bartender).

Will I be able to get my AMEX $39's worth at the club? A few cocktails and a plastic wrap sandwich is okay by me. Any insight into the current offerings and experience is much appreciated!!

Thank you

mridley2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.