Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2020, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
Did they say when in July? SFO was closed on Friday FWIW.
Specific dates weren't given in the press release which is from 7/1. I know MCO opened on 7/8 though so I guess the dates are different for each club.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
How's ATL F look lately food-wise? I'll have about 3+ hours on Sunday in ATL and figure I'd venture to the deck.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dmarge18
How's ATL F look lately food-wise? I'll have about 3+ hours on Sunday in ATL and figure I'd venture to the deck.
Packaged salads and sandwiches, cup noodles, packaged snacks, should be pretty much a full bar as well.

The deck is a great place to go to get some fresh air for a bit.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Was in the MCO SC yesterday. Nice to see the same staff again. Totally remodeled with new carpet and furniture. Nice spread of food and much better looking than DTW's the other day.
CMK10 and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aloha1
Was in the MCO SC yesterday. Nice to see the same staff again. Totally remodeled with new carpet and furniture. Nice spread of food and much better looking than DTW's the other day.
I've actually flown out of a couple different airports recently and only back into MCO so I haven't seen the remodeled club yet. Excited to see what it looks like.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cmd320
I've actually flown out of a couple different airports recently and only back into MCO so I haven't seen the remodeled club yet. Excited to see what it looks like.
They finished it at the end of February (about 2 weeks before COVID first became a big threat in the U.S.). I took some pictures when I first visited back at the end of February in this thread. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32117952-post38.html
Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
They finished it at the end of February (about 2 weeks before COVID first became a big threat in the U.S.). I took some pictures when I first visited back at the end of February in this thread. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32117952-post38.html
Makes sense, the last time I actually departed from MCO was at the beginning of February. Looks pretty nice.

Now if only they had included a cage to lock those pesky children that love to run around the club in...
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
DEN is open again.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Originally Posted by mnredfox
DEN is open again.
Thanks, MN Redfox! Any details to share from inside the SC, or were things similar to what's been presented above?

And wrong forum, but any chance you walked near the AmEx Centurion Lounge under construction? :-0)
Old Jul 22, 2020, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Was recently impressed with the LGA Skyclub....full bar with glassware and lots of fresh food options all individually wrapped.

I sat in one corner alone and everyone was clearly avoiding each other and then this couple walks in and sat in the same area as me, taking their masks off and huffing and puffing when there is literally a million other places to sit....I really don’t understand 🙄
flyerCO, AeRoSpaceman and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Was recently impressed with the LGA Skyclub....full bar with glassware and lots of fresh food options all individually wrapped.

I sat in one corner alone and everyone was clearly avoiding each other and then this couple walks in and sat in the same area as me, taking their masks off and huffing and puffing when there is literally a million other places to sit....I really don’t understand 🙄
Same thing at restaurants, onboard WN (open seating), etc. There's always someone that sits right next to you despite completely empty space.
AeRoSpaceman, cmd320 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I absolutely hate this. I'll be sitting alone at an empty bar and then a couple or group decides they have to sit one seat away from me rather than utilizing one of the other 20 available. Some people are just truly clueless.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold

I don't know if this help for the next time, but pre-covid19 if most people saw a person sitting alone with a mask on people wouldn't even sit beside them, but maybe next time try purposely coughing and see if that will steer them away. Otherwise, if it was me I would have just moved. I wouldn't even want to be around those kind of people. Those are the ones most likely that are asymptomatic and spreading the virus. Also, last time I was at LAX I spread my luggage and personal belongings over 4 different lounge chairs to ward off those kind of people. If the attendant requested me to remove them I would, but it wasn't necessary because only a few people were there.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I don't know if this help for the next time, but pre-covid19 if most people saw a person sitting alone with a mask on people wouldn't even sit beside them, but maybe next time try purposely coughing and see if that will steer them away. Otherwise, if it was me I would have just moved. I wouldn't even want to be around those kind of people. Those are the ones most likely that are asymptomatic and spreading the virus. Also, last time I was at LAX I spread my luggage and personal belongings over 4 different lounge chairs to ward off those kind of people. If the attendant requested me to remove them I would, but it wasn't necessary because only a few people were there.
Trust me I thought about moving but it would have been really awkward, but then this other guy comes and sits down (again so many other places to sit), takes his mask off and starts laughing and talking to a friend on the phone and I moved to the another area.

Its really not fun flying right now (and yes, I have a very good reason to be traveling for anyone that wants to question me).
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Trust me I thought about moving but it would have been really awkward, but then this other guy comes and sits down (again so many other places to sit), takes his mask off and starts laughing and talking to a friend on the phone and I moved to the another area.

Its really not fun flying right now (and yes, I have a very good reason to be traveling for anyone that wants to question me).
I feel the same. It's not fun at all. I have another flight in September and dread it. Been dreading it since I booked it in June🙁

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.