Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2020, 1:37 am

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Which SC at ATL is best to have some peace and quiet, enjoy a drink from the full bar and possibly have a nice view? I used to like the ‘B’ club but right now am inclined to go to whichever is least busy.
Also, is glassware available at the full bar or do they serve you ‘premium’ drinks in a Solo cup?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by David7
Which SC at ATL is best to have some peace and quiet, enjoy a drink from the full bar and possibly have a nice view? I used to like the ‘B’ club but right now am inclined to go to whichever is least busy.
Also, is glassware available at the full bar or do they serve you ‘premium’ drinks in a Solo cup?
I'd suggest F. Depending on the time of day/weather, the sky deck is a great place to lounge.
cmd320, dmarge18 and David7 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cmd320
Packaged salads and sandwiches, cup noodles, packaged snacks, should be pretty much a full bar as well.

The deck is a great place to go to get some fresh air for a bit.
That fresh air tends to be hot, humid, and stink of jet fuel.

BTW, in many places the two words "distance please" tend to work quite well unless the other person is a jerk.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That fresh air tends to be hot, humid, and stink of jet fuel.

BTW, in many places the two words "distance please" tend to work quite well unless the other person is a jerk.
Yeah, not the best in the summer, but if it's morning or evening and there's a breeze it isn't bad. I spent about 3 hours out there in early June from about 9am to noon and it was pretty pleasant most of the time. It's definitely gotten warmer lately though.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 10:48 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Has anyone heard more about ORD reopening? I recall a press release saying “July” but I’m wondering if that’s still on track?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by United747
Has anyone heard more about ORD reopening? I recall a press release saying “July” but I’m wondering if that’s still on track?
My *guess* is that it will depend on how much business (not leisure) travel picks up since ORD is a business destination and somewhat small for DL, with a smallish lounge. It's also competitive, so do you know whether UA and AA have open lounges there (for domestic flights)?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 10:55 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My *guess* is that it will depend on how much business (not leisure) travel picks up since ORD is a business destination and somewhat small for DL, with a smallish lounge. It's also competitive, so do you know whether UA and AA have open lounges there (for domestic flights)?
Yeah, UA has one open, but I’m not sure about AA.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Visited B and F Skyclubs at ATL today. Both pretty busy but was great to enjoy the Georgia heat on the sky deck. But I think the main issue at ATL is that no one respects social distancing and many people are not wearing masks (they just have them around their chin). The Plane Train is packed full of people, many without masks, and people will constantly cozy up on the escalator / elevator / at the bar in the SC / during deplaning ...
On one of my flights a passenger who kept taking off her mask was issued with a written note/warning.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Visited B and F Skyclubs at ATL today. Both pretty busy but was great to enjoy the Georgia heat on the sky deck. But I think the main issue at ATL is that no one respects social distancing and many people are not wearing masks (they just have them around their chin). The Plane Train is packed full of people, many without masks, and people will constantly cozy up on the escalator / elevator / at the bar in the SC / during deplaning ...
On one of my flights a passenger who kept taking off her mask was issued with a written note/warning.
Never been a real fan of the plane train here at ATL. I prefer to just walk between the concourses, especially if I'm going to be sitting for the majority of a long flight.
MSPeconomist and United747 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
These are the same people who walk into a store and complain when being told to either leave or put on a Mask. No one cares. As much as Delta doesn't want to do this, unless they have someone making people follow the rules, they will act like children and not do it. As for the plane train, you would have to physically put someone down there to yell at people like 2nd graders otherwise again, they wont adhere to the policy.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by United747
FWIW, I was there on Monday and it was still closed
United747 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
AA ORD-H/K is open as it should be for a major hub for AA.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
... But I think the main issue at ATL is that no one respects social distancing and many people are not wearing masks (they just have them around their chin). The Plane Train is packed full of people, many without masks, and people will constantly cozy up on the escalator / elevator / at the bar in the SC / during deplaning ...
I’m booked to fly from the west coast to BNA in the first week of August, outbound through SLC and return through ATL (My originally booked nonstop was cancelled). I felt okay about it with the reports of DL being very strict in regards to masks. After reading this about the selfishness of so many individuals in enclosed spaces like the Plain Train I’m seriously considering cancelling.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
I’m booked to fly from the west coast to BNA in the first week of August, outbound through SLC and return through ATL (My originally booked nonstop was cancelled). I felt okay about it with the reports of DL being very strict in regards to masks. After reading this about the selfishness of so many individuals in enclosed spaces like the Plain Train I’m seriously considering cancelling.
Masks aren't required required in atlanta the governor issued an executive order. Unless the airport itself has its own rules. Even then I saw people in ATL a few days ago without a mask including some people in the skyclub where it is required
Old Jul 24, 2020, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
LGA SkyClub.....full bar with glassware.

AA is lying to customers saying they can’t offer much due to “local laws” at this same airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.