Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I can personally confirm SEA and SFO are both reopened as well; I think all of the clubs are likely now open again nationwide.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I can confirm that the showers at the F club were open on Friday. There were a few people waiting for the club to open when I got there around 6:40 and at least three of us headed right back to the shower area. Was nice having a long shower coming off my 4 p.m. HNL since I wasn't able to shower before I left there.

I was told the E club showers haven't reopened at ATL.

I was at the HNL club thursday and was very impressed with the offerings. Even though it is a smaller club and my flight was full there were plenty of open seats. Was surprised since it was a free bar they had drinks like Blue Hawiians and Guava Margaritas. They had a really good orange soda in cans in the coolers. Since it was St Patricks day they had a cart coming around with Green Hawaiians and some kind of lemon cream dessert. I've never seen them have the carts come around in a small club before.
Spiff and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Word on the street (r/delta) says the showers are back at least at SLC, LAX, and DTW!

Anyone have any experiences yet with the ones in SLC?
Open.
ChevyCruze likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: DL, UA
Showers shouldn't ever have closed. It was likely due to staffing shortages and furloughs vs any health and safety aspect. People are by definition cleaning themselves in a shower. Lord knows we got schooled over and over on precisely how terrible we had been at handwashing that we had to have musical themes added and child like posters to show us....the notion that the showers were dangerous to our health was pure lunacy. I'm glad the waters are flowing again!
jamesteroh, cmd320 and ChevyCruze like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:21 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Breakfast cart at SFO this morning -- various types of cured/smoked salmon + accompaniments, avocado toast, grapefruit mimosas, and "strawberry tonic" (hiding behind the stack of plates on the left)

Usual buffet offerings, including pre-made omelets (with and without cheese).

Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:07 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had a really nice visit to MKE last weekend

They had tomato bisque soup and a couple of hot dishes plus this really tasty smores pudding cup. Oh and two local beers on tap. As seems to be the case though when I got to MSP later I found the food way worse.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Not sure if there's gonna be a new thread for this

SEA Sky Club:
Teriyaki chicken
Steamed brown rice
Tofu stir-fry in peanut sauce
Steamed broccoli with carrots
Selection of cookies, prepackaged Sweet Street Brownies and gluten-free Marshmello Treats (my favorite!)

DTW A10 Sky Club:
Baked beans
Pulled pork
Selection of cookies
Fruit salad

There was a sign next to the big Sky Club (A38 I think) that said that the kitchen was being worked on so there are limited food options there for the next couple of weeks.

Entree options were kinda meh at both Sky Clubs.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Originally Posted by ab2013
DTW A10 Sky Club:
Baked beans
Pulled pork
Selection of cookies
Fruit salad

There was a sign next to the big Sky Club (A38 I think) that said that the kitchen was being worked on so there are limited food options there for the next couple of weeks.

Entree options were kinda meh at both Sky Clubs.
Yes, A38 had smallish sections curtained off in the bar/kitchen area. Sign did indicate a couple weeks, though that could change.

And yes, the entree at A43 was pulled pork, baked beans, diced fingerling potatoes, a few different slider sized sammies, loaded baked potato soup (hey, it was snowing out, ok?), meat and cheese boards and a few different cookies/desserts.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Visited SFO for the first time and I liked their selection.
Old May 5, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I am flying into SNA next week and was a bit surprised to see it doesn't have a Skyclub. I would guess it never has.

I would have preferred to fly into LAX and experience the new terminal and Skyclub there but airfares and flights into LAX were horrible. For SNA only the airfares were horrible.

At least I can enjoy the roger ramjet takeoff experience when I return home later in the month.

David
Old May 5, 2022, 2:04 pm

If SNA had a skyclub it would be the smallest station in the system with one.
Old May 5, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
I think ANC carries that crown for most of the year. Certainly today.

https://www.anchorage-airport.com/te...elta-air-lines

David
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
And yet both AA and UA have lounges there.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by socalflying
AA and UA both have significantly bigger operations at SNA than DL does. (by "smallest station" I mean in terms of Delta's own traffic, not the airport overall)
Old May 5, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I am flying into SNA next week and was a bit surprised to see it doesn't have a Skyclub.
Originally Posted by socalflying
AA and UA both have significantly bigger operations at SNA than DL does.
There is limited space--I believe AA only opened its club when HP vacated its "Phoenix Club" in the mid/late 90s(?). Not only have AA and UA had significantly more traffic overall for a very long time, they also likely have a more balanced ratio of local originating traffic vs DL, which is a consideration in club development.

With the launch of ATL flights and addition of former NW routes, DL could definitely support a club today, although I am sure Amex and a host of other vendors would also compete for a club at SNA if additional club space were made available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.