Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
First time back in the DCA club in about a year.
Lunch on a Thursday included meatballs in a bland red sauce, sautéed mushrooms, penne in a tomato, olive and caper sauce. Tortilla and Mexican corn soups, a veggie wrap and the usual other assortment.
Also, warm pretzels on a pole at the bar. I think they are supposed to be self-serve but someone planted himself in front of the pole on his laptop making them very hard to get to.

Old Feb 11, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
No problem accessing the Virgin Clubhouse at JFK T4 mid afternoon with Amex Platinum. Someone mentioned that the chicken tikka masala was good. It is. Showers open at Clubhouse. I stopped in at Centurion Lounge and they said their showers were open.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mot29
First time back in the DCA club in about a year.
Lunch on a Thursday included meatballs in a bland red sauce, sautéed mushrooms, penne in a tomato, olive and caper sauce. Tortilla and Mexican corn soups, a veggie wrap and the usual other assortment.
Also, warm pretzels on a pole at the bar. I think they are supposed to be self-serve but someone planted himself in front of the pole on his laptop making them very hard to get to.

It's a good spread. DCA food is better than it was pre-Covid.

AeRoSpaceman and DCAhome like this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 11:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Flying out of HND today and learned from a check-in agent that construction of the HND SkyClub is complete. Ventilation is operational and furniture is already in the space. They haven’t opened yet due to the lack of flights caused by Japan’s travel ban.

Here’s the spot it will be in eventually.

AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
FYI, didn't see it mentioned yet but at the ATL F club this morning (which was a zoo) and the manager said that the showers would be reopening on 15 March. Finally some good news!
jamesteroh, ATOBTTR and dcadwell like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dmarge18
FYI, didn't see it mentioned yet but at the ATL F club this morning (which was a zoo) and the manager said that the showers would be reopening on 15 March. Finally some good news!
Great news and perfect timing. I'm flying HNL/ATL/DTW on 3/18 and will definitly want a shower on the layover. Hope other airports will be opening their showers back up soon
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
It's a good spread. DCA food is better than it was pre-Covid.

Why is it when I look at this, instead of the food all I can think of is the fact that they’re using actual plates?
kyleclogan likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Why is it when I look at this, instead of the food all I can think of is the fact that they’re using actual plates?
There's also real plates and metal utensils at the new DTW Sky Club. Unfortunately, most clubs still seem to have paper plates and plastic utensils.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
While I'd prefer metal utensils, at least they're not using the horrid bamboo stuff we're subjected to with the sad boxes inflight.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
The new DTW club is killing lunch today!
chicken cordon bleu, roasted potatoes, fresh broccoli, charcuterie, and these adorable peanut butter cheesecakes! Oh, and real plates AND silverware!!

Full size boneless chicken thighs, seasoned and cooked well!
AeRoSpaceman and findark like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
Kyle Potter from Thirty Traveler tweeted this morning photos of the MSP G Concourse expansion which includes our first (albeit limited) view of the new SkyClub space. I will very happy when it finally opens next year.

Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
LAX SkyClub is back to the industrial grade hand soap and no lotion.

Thankfully, DFW still has Le Labo.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Word on the street (r/delta) says the showers are back at least at SLC, LAX, and DTW!

Anyone have any experiences yet with the ones in SLC?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
JFK T4 Showers open

The JFK T4 club showers are back…restarted 15 March. No queues (probably because most people didn’t know!)
Spiff and rylan like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
The JFK T4 club showers are back…restarted 15 March. No queues (probably because most people didn’t know!)
Thanks for the update and good timing…I’ll be there Tuesday afternoon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.