Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by rylan
Showers still being closed have nothing to do with 'health reasons' or 'covid' at this point... it is purely staffing and not wanting to pay additional employees to take care of the showers.
It’s only a health issue in the JFK B concourse. Apparently if you are not there but in the Centurion lounge, the health issues vanish
jamesteroh and cmd320 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Has anyone been at SEA's SkyClub recently and know what they're serving these days for dinner?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ab2013
Has anyone been at SEA's SkyClub recently and know what they're serving these days for dinner?
Haven’t been there recently, but what a great club and excellent food. Had dinner in there last summer, grilled ribs. They were outstanding.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
deleted
Old Nov 24, 2021, 12:34 pm

Haven’t been in about two weeks but last several times I was there for dinner there were Ivar’s clam chowder, several hot dishes (Mac and cheese or rice, veggies or potato, and meat or fish), two types of sandwiches, cheese, hummus with veggies and pita, a few salad options. Can’t remember the exact hot dishes that were so hopefully someone who has gone more recently can share!
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Had a really nice visit to the DTW A15 SC earlier this week. The agents checking people in at the door thanked every entrant for their status which was a very nice touch.

Food included a delicious charcuterie plate and turkey with gravy and mashed potatoes. There was also a buffalo blue cheese mac and cheese that was a good concept but pretty gross tasting.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Any thought on which is the considered the best SkyClub at DTW? Relatives at flying DTW-AMS this weekend and despite having lived in Michigan, I've never visited any of the Skyclubs
Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by kq747
Any thought on which is the considered the best SkyClub at DTW? Relatives at flying DTW-AMS this weekend and despite having lived in Michigan, I've never visited any of the Skyclubs
I think the food and beverage are pretty much the same at all the DTW clubs now. But the C club and the A clubs at the ends have windows! The only view from the A center club is the inside of the terminal and the wall of the Westin!
I have the same thoughts about MSP - no windows at F/G, great views from C.
kq747 and WillBarrett_68 like this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 6:49 pm

I’m flying with DL in the morning from SLC and it’s too early for breakfast at the hotel.

Is there some - basic - breakfast offer in the morning. First time flying with DL and only used to UA Clubs.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by Tirreg
I’m flying with DL in the morning from SLC and it’s too early for breakfast at the hotel.

Is there some - basic - breakfast offer in the morning. First time flying with DL and only used to UA Clubs.
Much more than basic. Lots of options - that is the largest SkyClub in the world.
Tirreg and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tirreg
If you're used to United Clubs, the SLC SkyClub on its worst day will still be a huge improvement.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
If you're used to United Clubs, the SLC SkyClub on its worst day will still be a huge improvement.
Just sitting in the SLC Sky Club and - yes - I’m impressed. Nice seating and a really good breakfast offering. I won’t miss the UA Clubs
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 11:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Was at DTW and SEA SkyClub earlier this week:

DTW
Chicken and gravy (they must have had leftover gravy from a few days ago)
Steamed fingerlings
Steamed broccoli
Usual cold options as well with several predressed salads

Nice and simple - I liked it!
Dessert options looked good - there was a cart with brownies and whipped cream out. There might have also been some sort of fruit cobbler and some chia seed pudding.

SEA

Flank steak
Roasted fingerlings
Roasted green beans
Some sort of mac and cheese
Crudites and various salads as usual

Didn't try anything - I was rushing to get out of the airport and back home

Dessert options were prepackaged and sourced from Sweet Street. They had chocolate chip cookies and gluten-free brown butter rice krispy treats - I picked up a couple of those treats!
kavok, AeRoSpaceman and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold Status.
3x SkyClub visits from my last trip:

1. LAX: Food was great and you have the opportunity to bounce between the new and old club anytime you want when you buy a pass using the Credit Card - FYI.

2. ATL: (Connecting to EWR) SkyClub Agent let me in the club for free since it was Thanksgiving. She said I usually would have to pay but it's on the house since it was a holiday :-)

3. EWR: Yesterday. Honestly, the weakest trip to this club since it's been redone. Food was just not good. Wraps tasted like plastic, hot meal options super basic (I think fried rice), and minestrone soup. I was mostly there to get work done anyway so it didn't matter. What happened to the Nathan's Hot Dog guy!?!

**To add, this trip was absolute family drama-based hell, so I'm happy to be home.

Last edited by Saab_Redondo_1987; Dec 1, 2021 at 11:45 am
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold

Dessert options looked good - there was a cart with brownies and whipped cream out. There might have also been some sort of fruit cobbler and some chia seed pudding.
!
Yesterday the Apple Crisp was on a cart next to a cart of brownies. The crisp was actually really good.

Several clubs have had a Buffalo Pasta Salad which is pretty darn tasty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.