Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Flying though LAX tonight connecting to the Redeye to ATL in the Bradley Terminal. Is there any lounge access for a Delta passenger in domestic F with Amex Platinum, Priority pass in Bradley Terminal? Or should I just use the Sky Lounge in T2 and time my bus ride to the Bradley terminal. Departure from gate 131 at 11:45pm, I have a 2 hour layover at LAX. Amex Platinum lounge at LAX still closed.

Thanks,
Paul
Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Went to two Sky Clubs: SLC was actually quite decent, both at breakfast time and on return at dinner time. Buffets looked decent and staff was extremely friendly. Different story at JFK, Terminal 2. That club is physically rather dismal. The food was terrible and the staff indifferent. The difference between JFK and SLC was enormous. Of course both clubs were vastly superior to the ridiculous boxes on board that Delta seems to think are fitting to F class.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
BOS seemed ahead of the curve until the satellite club opened. Maybe they had to spread out the budget so food quality dropped in both the main and satellite locations.

Conversely, I was just in the LAX 'small' club and they had a big meat and cheese board, bbq chicken, and shrimp cocktail.
demkr likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Paul510
Flying though LAX tonight connecting to the Redeye to ATL in the Bradley Terminal. Is there any lounge access for a Delta passenger in domestic F with Amex Platinum, Priority pass in Bradley Terminal? Or should I just use the Sky Lounge in T2 and time my bus ride to the Bradley terminal. Departure from gate 131 at 11:45pm, I have a 2 hour layover at LAX. Amex Platinum lounge at LAX still closed.

Thanks,
Paul
IIRC the Centurion lounge (AmEx regular Plat charge card) at TBIT had been open early in the day. Have you checked the AmEx website for current hours?

Similarly, have you checked the PP website's lounge locator?
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Quick question out of curiosity. What’s the smallest airport with a Sky Club. And, not sure exactly how to define small. Maybe number of passengers or flights?
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by CMK10
As no one (AA, DL, UA, Amex) have showers open right now I don't think any time soon sadly
Maybe (at least partially) a staffing issue.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by DCAhome
Quick question out of curiosity. What’s the smallest airport with a Sky Club. And, not sure exactly how to define small. Maybe number of passengers or flights?
Probably MEM or MKE.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC the Centurion lounge (AmEx regular Plat charge card) at TBIT had been open early in the day. Have you checked the AmEx website for current hours?
The Centurion® Lounge at Los Angeles International Airport is temporarily closed due to building repairs. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to welcoming our premium Card Members back soon.

IIRC, it opened with “grab and go” only, and I don’t think anyone has ever seen inside…

it’s too bad DL can’t make an arrangement for their passengers to at least use the KL lounge which recently reopened.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Probably MEM or MKE.
Bottom 5 in terms of 2019 enplanements (in millions)
MEM 2.32
ANC 2.71
MKE 3.37
PBI 3.46
CVG 4.41

LAS, CLT, and IAH are the largest airports without a club.
AeRoSpaceman, volabam and DCAhome like this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Though the website says it's open, the Club at DTW A38 was closed/apparently under renovations when I passed through DTW this weekend.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Though the website says it's open, the Club at DTW A38 was closed/apparently under renovations when I passed through DTW this weekend.
I can't imagine they would keep it closed for long unless the new club across from A40 is open. The new club looked like it's making progress when I passed through this weekend, but it looks like it's still aways from opening -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...w-skyclub.html
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by xliioper
I can't imagine they would keep it closed for long unless the new club across from A40 is open. The new club looked like it's making progress when I passed through this weekend, but it looks like it's still aways from opening -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...w-skyclub.html
Ah, perhaps this is what I saw. Confusing to build a second or replacement club so close to another one.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, perhaps this is what I saw. Confusing to build a second or replacement club so close to another one.
The current center-main club can get pretty full in the afternoons when there are a significant number of international departures as the international gates are located in the center of the concourse and many people have access due to their Skyteam status. The new club is meant to be a reliever offering additional space.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 8:31 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds

…it’s too bad DL can’t make an arrangement for their passengers to at least use the KL lounge which recently reopened.
Unless there was a massive refurbishment of the KE lounge DL is doing their passengers a favor.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 10:22 am

what's confusing about it? ATL has two clubs basically on top of each other in ATL A and at LAX T2 (and did in T3 for a while) and nobody gets lost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.