Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New DTW Skyclub (Open Dec 2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 3:52 am
Original Poster

New DTW Skyclub (Open Dec 2021)

Didn’t see this posted yet, so apologies if it is a duplicate.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Its been discussed in another thread. It'll be across from the current main club (other end of train platform).
Old May 14, 2019, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Discussed at the end of this thread -- DTW Sky Club - changes coming
It will be in the former LH lounge space.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:27 am

I don't ever take the train at DTW, can you access this club from the train platform? Or will there be a separate escalator/stair/elevator (closer to the security checkpoint, I would assume?)
Old May 14, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Interesting that they seem to be using the exact same rendering they put on the banner at MSP for the remodeled C club.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: DL - PM
Will this be in addition to the A38 club or a replacement?
Old May 14, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
2020 is the year of the club, apparently. Everything is coming 2020.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ordhater
Will this be in addition to the A38 club or a replacement?
Additional club.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
I don't ever take the train at DTW, can you access this club from the train platform? Or will there be a separate escalator/stair/elevator (closer to the security checkpoint, I would assume?)
There are train tracks running between the platform and the main building. Don't see how they could create an entrance there. Don't know how far down the space goes as the glass is currently frosted beyond first set of windows. If you look at it from a satellite map, the space is narrower than the space occupied by the current club. I think it's safe to assume it will be smaller.

Last edited by xliioper; May 14, 2019 at 9:56 am
Old May 14, 2019, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by defrosted
2020 is the year of the club, apparently. Everything is coming 2020.
It's DL's *vision* for the future.

I wonder whether the new SC will be differentiated in some way. It would seem too small for international D1 passengers at DTW unless those departures are well spaced over the day. DTW needs more lounge space at peak times, but I don't see the point of opening an additional smaller lounge so close to the big one. OTOH, this is obviously the only suitable space unless the airport would agree to cannibalize a lot of retail space on the main concourse level.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First

Taking the layout from the airport master plan, the light blue on the left is the current Center A SkyClub. The slightly darker blue area on the right would be the area of the new SkyClub, that was formerly the LH lounge and also has been uses as a conference room.

Not sure where the access will be, as I doubt TSA will let the put a door and/or have passengers come across or up to the balcony to access, so my guess it will be accessed over behind the tram escalators near the "Need Help Desk" at A43. There is already a staircase internally there, but I assumed that to access the ramp tower.
Ysitincoach likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's DL's *vision* for the future.

I wonder whether the new SC will be differentiated in some way. It would seem too small for international D1 passengers at DTW unless those departures are well spaced over the day. DTW needs more lounge space at peak times, but I don't see the point of opening an additional smaller lounge so close to the big one. OTOH, this is obviously the only suitable space unless the airport would agree to cannibalize a lot of retail space on the main concourse level.
I assumed it would just be overflow during the afternoon European push...
Old May 14, 2019, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DTWflyer

Taking the layout from the airport master plan, the light blue on the left is the current Center A SkyClub. The slightly darker blue area on the right would be the area of the new SkyClub, that was formerly the LH lounge and also has been uses as a conference room.

Not sure where the access will be, as I doubt TSA will let the put a door and/or have passengers come across or up to the balcony to access, so my guess it will be accessed over behind the tram escalators near the "Need Help Desk" at A43. There is already a staircase internally there, but I assumed that to access the ramp tower.
There's an existing elevator past the TSA checkpoint. If people can go down in it, I would think they could go up it as well. The LH lounge and entrance at the checkpoint level was there post TSA. Why wouldn't the new SC just use the same entrance?
Old May 14, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Wouldn't it make sense to access the same way the LH lounge was accessed?
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:49 pm

what are the white areas in the middle of the club spaces? And what's the red area?

It's surprising they didn't design these spaces to have direct access to the train platform like they did for the clubs at either end of A.
Auston likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.