Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2021, 5:27 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Bridget Wilnlyde
Does anybody know when FLL sky club will open? It looks like it's been under construction last 2-3 months, each time I've gone it hasn't been open. I'm hoping by my next flight in late April it will be back in business...
Hey there, this was discussed way up in this thread but its getting pretty long and hard to search so: the general consensus is that it will be mid to late summer. I was there two weeks ago and it looks like they have a long way to go. The FLL master plan doesn't really address it, but the entire terminal 2 is a bit of a mess right now so i would thin summer is reasonable.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, million miler
What is open at the LAX sky club if anything? Trying to decide whether to change planes there or Seattle?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by spryam
What is open at the LAX sky club if anything? Trying to decide whether to change planes there or Seattle?
Its all grab and go food. For grab and go, its not bad. Pre packaged. No self serve beverages at all. Showers are closed. All in all its pretty standard for a Covid era Skyclub. it was really terrible during the ban on indoor dining.

I actually kind of like the LAX skyclub.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, million miler
Ok. Any reports on Seattle’s sky club?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by spryam
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Its all grab and go food. For grab and go, its not bad. Pre packaged. No self serve beverages at all. Showers are closed. All in all its pretty standard for a Covid era Skyclub.
Food has not been "grab and go" for a few of weeks now. There are individually packaged hot and cold items served by a buffet attendant. They are no longer bagging items to go.

Full bar is available, but it is not self serve. Showers are closed (any US clubs on any carrier have them now?).

Club was quite busy today, with a line of passengers waiting to get in around 8:30am (when I left).
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Did all the clubs do away with grab and go? I was looking forward to using that so I could grab something to eat on my long flight in a couple weeks since they no longer have food in F
Old Mar 4, 2021, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Food has not been "grab and go" for a few of weeks now. There are individually packaged hot and cold items served by a buffet attendant. They are no longer bagging items to go.

Full bar is available, but it is not self serve. Showers are closed (any US clubs on any carrier have them now?).

Club was quite busy today, with a line of passengers waiting to get in around 8:30am (when I left).
sorry by "grab and go" i meant pre packaged items etc. That's on me
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Did all the clubs do away with grab and go? I was looking forward to using that so I could grab something to eat on my long flight in a couple weeks since they no longer have food in F
Your can take what you can carry without objection (presumably within reason), but they are not providing bags, at least not at JFK/LAX/MCO in my experience.
Ryno1234 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320
About time given HNL has been pretty active since Oct./Nov.
That and the only thing open when I went through there 3 weeks ago was Burger King
Old Mar 5, 2021, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Hey there, this was discussed way up in this thread but its getting pretty long and hard to search so: the general consensus is that it will be mid to late summer. I was there two weeks ago and it looks like they have a long way to go. The FLL master plan doesn't really address it, but the entire terminal 2 is a bit of a mess right now so i would thin summer is reasonable.
Ah, okay... Thank you!
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: Delta Diamond MM Hyatt Plat Starwoods SPG
MSP Sky Club General Covid Question

I'll be returning to travel next week. Recognizing that responses will be subjective I'd be interested as to what your perception/experience has been as it specifically relates to covid precautions at the MSP Sky Club. For example, were you comfortable with crowd levels, masking, spacing etc ? Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2021, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Denzoo
I'll be returning to travel next week. Recognizing that responses will be subjective I'd be interested as to what your perception/experience has been as it specifically relates to covid precautions at the MSP Sky Club. For example, were you comfortable with crowd levels, masking, spacing etc ? Thanks
Its been very crowded when I was there but they opened up the C lounge since my last visit so hopefully that will help disperse the visitors.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Assuming that the Escape lounge at MSP is still closed, that would be an additional source of people using the SC. (AmEx regular Plat/Centurion charge cards have access, even though it's no longer in PP.)
Old Mar 13, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Dragons in SEA A today said they don’t expect the S club to ever reopen. Another SkyClub may be built some day but not in S.

Really a shame that the new international arrivals bridge blocks the view of Mt. Rainier from the A club.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
I've been in there quite a bit lately. It's spread out but people seem to think masks are optional, especially in the bar area. Use the excuse of "sipping" their drink and masks stay off.

I just go hide down on the other end and usually it's fine. Definitely getting busy though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.