Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2021, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
LAS was horrible without any SC or Amex Platinum. They took away the Centurion lounge access for a ton of Amex cards before COVID, wouldn't surprise me if they do it again after it's over.
What cards did they access away from? They added the Delta Reserve Am Ex for access last year and if someone has an Am Ex Plat they also have a Priority pass and there are two clubs at LAS
Old Mar 19, 2021, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
What cards did they access away from? They added the Delta Reserve Am Ex for access last year and if someone has an Am Ex Plat they also have a Priority pass and there are two clubs at LAS
I’m guessing OP is referring to the paid access option for lower level cards being removed. Otherwise I’m not aware of any cards outright losing access.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by cmd320
I’m guessing OP is referring to the paid access option for lower level cards being removed. Otherwise I’m not aware of any cards outright losing access.
Yeah, exactly. You used to be able to pay $50 with any Amex to get in. If you only needed to go a few times a year and otherwise had SC access it was perfect. They took that away a little while before COVID before giving Reserve free access.

Can't really think of any other domestic airport with a Centurion Lounge and no SC, but I'm sure someone will comment if there is one. It was also a useful option when traveling on a non-DL carrier from an airport with a Centurion Lounge.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Can't really think of any other domestic airport with a Centurion Lounge and no SC, but I'm sure someone will comment if there is one.
CLT, LAS, IAH. All the others have both a CL and a SkyClub, though they might not be in the same airside connected terminal. MIA, SFO, maybe a couple more are like that.
jamesteroh and cmd320 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Anyone recently been to the JFK T4 SkyClub? I have a trip coming up next week. Please share your experience. Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta
I really hope shower service is restored at SLC by late May (well, at all Skyclubs in general), because on my day of departure, I am going on a long, hot hike, and that will really give my fellow passengers a reason to mask up.
dmarge18 and eneq like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Reading though lots of posts here, from the old pre packaged info from last year, to some more fresh offerings now.
Can someone please tell me what would likely be available on a Monday at the MSP F/G SC from 3-6pm?
Lunch, Dinner, snacks? Are drinks back to pre Covid situation?
And I understand my F ticket on MSP-PHX (on an A330, yay!) will net me a boxed snack with a long shelf life, so was thinking I'd try to eat something at the SC if there is anything on offer!
Thanks for any info.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Reading though lots of posts here, from the old pre packaged info from last year, to some more fresh offerings now.
Can someone please tell me what would likely be available on a Monday at the MSP F/G SC from 3-6pm?
And I understand my F ticket on MSP-PHX (on an A330, yay!) will net me a boxed snack with a long shelf life, so was thinking I'd try to eat something at the SC if there is anything on offer!
Thanks for any info.
To partly answer your question, in FC on your flight, you should be offered a choice of a couple flight fuel boxed shelf-stable high-sodium snack offerings, bottled water at room temperature (no longer a recognized brand), beer and wine (in small containers with plastic glasses) at appropriate temperatures, and a baggie with a sanitizing wipe and some small snacks (goldfish, biscoffs, etc. depending on availability) of the sort that's also distributed to coach passengers. I'd vote for either eating in the SC or doing a grab and go bag there to consume on board with the beer/wine/water being offered by FAs. The other on board snacks can easily be saved for later, although the flight fuel boxes are pretty large and can't be compressed without disposing of some items.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To partly answer your question, in FC on your flight, you should be offered a choice of a couple flight fuel boxed shelf-stable high-sodium snack offerings, bottled water at room temperature (no longer a recognized brand), beer and wine (in small containers with plastic glasses) at appropriate temperatures, and a baggie with a sanitizing wipe and some small snacks (goldfish, biscoffs, etc. depending on availability) of the sort that's also distributed to coach passengers. I'd vote for either eating in the SC or doing a grab and go bag there to consume on board with the beer/wine/water being offered by FAs. The other on board snacks can easily be saved for later, although the flight fuel boxes are pretty large and can't be compressed without disposing of some items.
A new memo came out tonight stating soft drinks/coffee/juice and new snacks are returning April 14th. Not sure if the OPs flight is before than but if it isn’t, this is something to note.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:12 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
MKE skyclub is re opening on April 6. Not sure if that has been reported yet.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
A new memo came out tonight stating soft drinks/coffee/juice and new snacks are returning April 14th. Not sure if the OPs flight is before than but if it isn’t, this is something to note.
Guessing that was an internal memo, since I hadn't seen an email communication yet. So time to start getting some nips to bring on board to put in your soda?
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by kyushuman
As of late, they have a chicken curry sandwich, 1-2 other sandwich options, salad, cold and warm asian noodle option, chips, rice crispy bars, desert. Full bar is open.

Last edited by tardyturtle; Mar 25, 2021 at 9:27 pm
Old Mar 25, 2021, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The lunch dinner also have a soup rotating each day, the salad options are also different each time I went, but usually 4 to choose from. The SEA is really nice with a good view of the airfield. They also have cookie and donut balls as desserts. Salty snacks.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle

Flying out of MEM today and the SC looks mothballed and I doubt it ever re-opens. Most of the closed SCs have the outside screen on stating the club is temporarily closed and the screen wasn’t even on. Also peeked my eyes through the doors and it looked like they took out the computers.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 4:30 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I was glad to see MSP C club open when flying the other day. I seem to be flying out of there on all my flights now. The makeshift bar is pretty odd and I was disappointed not to see beer on tap. But overall, a good experience and nice to have a window seat for a while rather than the lack of view from F/G
tardyturtle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.