Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2021, 5:44 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kavok
The Delta SkyClub website says both the PDX and DTW-A68 clubs have reopened. For clarification, it also states some of the others on the Wiki (PHL, MEM, FLL, etc.) are still temporarily closed.

Anyway, can someone confirm if the clubs at PDX and at DTW-A68 have indeed reopened, as the website indicates?
I can confirm the PDX sky club is open. Great friendly GM there. Nice to have the PDX up and running again.
kavok likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 6:43 pm

Proposed Lounge SEA A (near A11) - Q2/2023

I saw over on the AS Lounge thread, it looks like the Port of Seattle will be discussing a proposal to build a new 47,000 sqft facility near gate A11. Delta is supposed to take over 25,000 sqft for a new Lounge. With construction completed Q2/2023. The presentation is listed under Attachments, 8f - Presentation Concourse A Building Expansion of Lounge.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33198056-post418.html
Old Apr 23, 2021, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I still think it would be hard to re-open the club with such a few # of daily flights in MEM anyone and considering the Club is off to the side in the C Concourse connector hallway with little signage directing to the club.
seriously I don't really understand why you're harping on this location issue so much. It's like 20 steps "out of the way" to come out of TSA, turn left for the club instead of right for the A gates. There are a lot of reasons DL might chose to give up on this club but the location isn't one of them at all.

The E and F clubs at ATL are more out of the way for the vast majority of gates in their concourses than the MEM club is.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
seriously I don't really understand why you're harping on this location issue so much. It's like 20 steps "out of the way" to come out of TSA, turn left for the club instead of right for the A gates. There are a lot of reasons DL might chose to give up on this club but the location isn't one of them at all.

The E and F clubs at ATL are more out of the way for the vast majority of gates in their concourses than the MEM club is.
The main reason is because MEM is no longer a hub like ATL and is now just a small outstation with ~13 flights a day. With such a small # of potential club pax, the club not being in a good location could impact the already small # of people who will use the club. The signage to locate the club is also very poor. While this isn’t an issue for us FTers who know most clubs in and out, this might be an issue for those who don’t fly in and out of MEM often and possibly never knew there even was a club.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:08 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
The main reason is because MEM is no longer a hub like ATL and is now just a small outstation with ~13 flights a day...
Does anyone know the number of Delta passengers per year at those airports that have a SC?

A relatively short search of various reports did not turn up that statistic, but I did find the total number of passengers per year for the 200 largest airports in the US (airports do get to be pretty small toward the bottom of that list). From that, it would appear that MEM may be the lowest total passenger volume for any airport with a SC. May break out differently when considering only Delta passengers, though.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by ExArkie
Does anyone know the number of Delta passengers per year at those airports that have a SC?

A relatively short search of various reports did not turn up that statistic, but I did find the total number of passengers per year for the 200 largest airports in the US (airports do get to be pretty small toward the bottom of that list). From that, it would appear that MEM may be the lowest total passenger volume for any airport with a SC. May break out differently when considering only Delta passengers, though.
Delta is not even the biggest carrier at MEM anymore, I am pretty sure AA and maybe SWA have both surpassed DL on # of passengers.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:37 am

The main reason is because MEM is no longer a hub like ATL and is now just a small outstation with ~13 flights a day. With such a small # of potential club pax, the club not being in a good location could impact the already small # of people who will use the club.
If anything, not being a hub makes having the club out of the way less of an issue, not more, particularly in a case like MEM where if you were arriving at and departing from A gates, then yeah, it's kind of out of the way. If you are going through TSA and then to gates, it's LITERALLY 15 seconds of walking.

MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:51 am

If anything, not being a hub makes having the club out of the way less of an issue, not more, particularly in a case like MEM where if you were arriving at and departing from A gates, then yeah, it's kind of out of the way. If you are going through TSA and then to gates, it's LITERALLY 15 seconds of walking.

Again the main issue I was pointing too is most people flying on DL aren’t going to walk that way and see there’s a SC there. The Club has very poor signage and most people will probably just walk into the new B concourse when it’s finished. If they want to keep the Club open, they are going to need to improve the signage near the TSA exit to let people know where the club is.
ExArkie likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold

Dear Google Maps,

What are the hours of the Trans World Express check-in desk?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL DM
At MSP F/G it appears they have added a couple of rows of the blue chairs at the far end of the club, and the area by the ramp appears to be more densely packed with chairs in a new orientation. All of the previous signs on every other seat asking folks to space out are no longer present. Are other club not encouraging distancing, too?
Old Apr 25, 2021, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by tardyturtle
At MSP F/G it appears they have added a couple of rows of the blue chairs at the far end of the club, and the area by the ramp appears to be more densely packed with chairs in a new orientation. All of the previous signs on every other seat asking folks to space out are no longer present. Are other club not encouraging distancing, too?
I’m guessing they are just following local regulations. I noticed BNA added seats back in closer to the original, denser configuration too. Glad they did as it was starting to get tricky finding a seat at times recently.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 1:42 pm

The SAN Sky Club should be re-opening tomorrow according to DL.com (https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sk...ws-updates#sky). ATL C is also scheduled to re-open on May 1st (this Saturday) which will result in every concourse in ATL having an open Sky Club again.
SanDiego1K and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
The SAN Sky Club should be re-opening tomorrow according to DL.com (https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sk...ws-updates#sky). ATL C is also scheduled to re-open on May 1st (this Saturday) which will result in every concourse in ATL having an open Sky Club again.
good to hear! SAN is a really good and unique club. a little small, but I still like it. like the seats on the balcony area.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 3:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

The SAN Sky Club should be re-opening tomorrow
Do you know what the hours are?
Old Apr 26, 2021, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Do you know what the hours are?
Not sure. DL.com list 5am-10:30pm although I believe those are the pre-COVID hours.
SanDiego1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.