Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2020, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
The first pic literally just looks like a slice of bread and a sliced bun in plastic wrap...
Old Aug 8, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
What's the yellow slice enclosed in plastic in the first picture?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
I have found the DTW food absolutely pathetic compared to ATL or MCO.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by cmd320
The first pic literally just looks like a slice of bread and a sliced bun in plastic wrap...
It's supposed to be BLT, but the amount is so small, it's all hidden in the bun

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
What's the yellow slice enclosed in plastic in the first picture?
lemon pound cake (or maybe just pound cake)....
Old Aug 8, 2020, 12:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Also wanted to add that while I know we're not suppose to take food out of the SkyClub, I was able to pack myself a decent lunch on my flight when all the food being packaged in the SkyClub.

Old Aug 8, 2020, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Also wanted to add that while I know we're not suppose to take food out of the SkyClub, I was able to pack myself a decent lunch on my flight when all the food being packaged in the SkyClub.
It would be nice to see that rule suspended for the time being considering everything is already packaged up and we all know they're not going to give you a thing once you're in the air.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
Didn’t notice as it was early in the morning. But I have never seen self serve alcohol at BNA - it has always been served from the bar IME. Coffee was all out and self serve though.
Confirming bar at BNA is open and now has premium (pay) options as well 👍.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 6:11 am
Suspended

PSA - not sure who follows the Points GUy but on his personal insta last night he posted that he got a vintage! Bottle of dom at JFK for 10k sky pesos. He was solo so unclear if he drank it all - curious how is head felt landing at LHR if he did. Amazing value of sky pesos imho.
In2ishn, cmd320, AANYC1981 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Tribeca725
PSA - not sure who follows the Points GUy but on his personal insta last night he posted that he got a vintage! Bottle of dom at JFK for 10k sky pesos. He was solo so unclear if he drank it all - curious how is head felt landing at LHR if he did. Amazing value of sky pesos imho.
Meanwhile over at T8.....
Old Aug 9, 2020, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Ongoing FT thread:

Question - How many miles for Dom Perignon at Sky Club?
Old Aug 9, 2020, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Its not vintage if it’s from 2006 or something like that...
Old Aug 10, 2020, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Typically an AA flyer but due to some logistics, flew DL yesterday.

Used the DTW SkyClub with my AmEx and I was shocked by the lack of mask usage in there. It wasn’t only people just eating-Just people sitting around, ordering drinks at the bar, etc... No mask!

In stark contrast to the experience I had onboard the aircraft, which I thought was better than my AA trip last week.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOSishome
Typically an AA flyer but due to some logistics, flew DL yesterday.

Used the DTW SkyClub with my AmEx and I was shocked by the lack of mask usage in there. It wasn’t only people just eating-Just people sitting around, ordering drinks at the bar, etc... No mask!

In stark contrast to the experience I had onboard the aircraft, which I thought was better than my AA trip last week.
I tend to be a lot less worried about it in the lounge than in the general terminal, but I still will wear mine anytime moving around the lounge. Once seated a decent distance away from people I’ll usually take it off so that I can eat and drink.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
I may or may not have done exactly that. Landing was fine.
itsabravenewworld likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by In2ishn
I may or may not have done exactly that. Landing was fine.
Depends on your alcohol tolerance, but a bottle is like 4.5 glasses and Dom is high quality stuff so after consuming a bottle I wouldn’t expect to feel that bad ~7 hours later.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.