Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Anyone have any experience with Breakfast options at Sea Tac ? Are Sky Clubs reducing prices as a result of limited service?
Flew through SeaTac this morning. They had individual wrapped mini muffins, tiny fruit cups, cheese cups, oatmeal cups, half sandwiches, Biscoffs, Cheez-its, veggie cups, etc. The bar is open again with wine/beer, sodas and juice (they said it opened last Monday). It was reasonably busy in there. I had been there in early May once, and it was way different (there were only 3 other guests in there, very sparse offerings, etc). They had roped off the upstairs area today (still able to socially distance without it).

Security was already starting to get busy. I was through quickly with CLEAR, my SO took about 5-10 minutes getting through PreCheck.
OPENROAD and bizum like this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: LH, DL
ATL F lounge is empty

Originally Posted by melissaru
They might want to think about reopening the second A at ATL. It was uncomfortably full last Thursday around 9 a.m.
The F lounge was empty both on Friday at the same time & yesterday afternoon.

Given many hours between my flights, I had plenty of time to make the trek from A to F. (I went for the patio seating)

However the same cannot be said for the train.
I got off at D and walked to A because of how many people got on (and weren’t wearing masks).
Old Jun 17, 2020, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GMTmin8
The F lounge was empty both on Friday at the same time & yesterday afternoon.

Given many hours between my flights, I had plenty of time to make the trek from A to F. (I went for the patio seating)

However the same cannot be said for the train.
I got off at D and walked to A because of how many people got on (and weren’t wearing masks).
F is definitely the move if you have the time. Still pretty nice to sit out on the sky deck, especially since you can be without a mask in the fresh air for a bit. The ‘food’ selection is also very slightly better than A is.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Confirmed yesterday that the PHX club will reopen July 1
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Am curious as to what other SCs are reopening soon. Any other info? I would think if PHX is, then a few others should be as well.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:00 pm

Does anyone have info around when the BOS SC Bar will re-open? Presumably soon without seating since MA moved into Phase 2B yesterday. I don't understand why it wasn't already reopened without seating.

Also, any data points around when restaurants will reopen at BOS?

On another note, if anyone visits the SC in the next few weeks, please say "Hi" to the bartender Sal, if he is still working for the Club. I'm looking forward to tipping him generously if he is still their.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 10:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by rylan
Am curious as to what other SCs are reopening soon. Any other info? I would think if PHX is, then a few others should be as well.
ORD's SkyClub was closed as of Monday afternoon 6/22/20; no indication as to when it might reopen. I'm going back to ORD on 6/25.

DTW main SkyClub now has an employee serving drinks; no self-service is allowed. No indication as to when any of the other clubs in this airport will reopen.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by ND76
ORD's SkyClub was closed as of Monday afternoon 6/22/20; no indication as to when it might reopen. I'm going back to ORD on 6/25.

DTW main SkyClub now has an employee serving drinks; no self-service is allowed. No indication as to when any of the other clubs in this airport will reopen.
I wonder if ORD will ever re-open. Isn't DL moving to a different terminal sometime soon?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Are any changes in the lounge announced for 1 July? E. g. the return of “The Bar” menu for purchasing higher quality drinks
Old Jun 24, 2020, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnsonTM
Does anyone have info around when the BOS SC Bar will re-open? Presumably soon without seating since MA moved into Phase 2B yesterday. I don't understand why it wasn't already reopened without seating.

Also, any data points around when restaurants will reopen at BOS?

On another note, if anyone visits the SC in the next few weeks, please say "Hi" to the bartender Sal, if he is still working for the Club. I'm looking forward to tipping him generously if he is still their.
Wondering same thing also. The state phase 2B status allows indoor and beverages.

I'll be there next week, and Sal normally worked in the 'main' side at A7 so will see if the bar is open. May be too early though since its a morning flight again and he usually worked afternoon/evenings. Been a while since I've seen him with early morning flights in Jan and Feb, and then the whole covid mess.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by David7
Are any changes in the lounge announced for 1 July? E. g. the return of “The Bar” menu for purchasing higher quality drinks
Haha, I'll go for 'Any Bar' in my skyclub! They haven't opened yet for alcohol in BOS
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by FC flyer
Confirmed yesterday that the PHX club will reopen July 1
I doubt that stands if Arizona (and specifically Maricopa county) continue to see the dramatic rise in cases. ICU beds are at record occupancy. It's not looking good at all. I have family and friends in PHX and they say that people are starting to overtly panic. Seems to me that's all about 3 months too late.
LOCommish and koreanair720 like this.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 11:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by mridley2
I doubt that stands if Arizona (and specifically Maricopa county) continue to see the dramatic rise in cases. ICU beds are at record occupancy. It's not looking good at all. I have family and friends in PHX and they say that people are starting to overtly panic. Seems to me that's all about 3 months too late.
I left Arizona on the 4th of June and no matter where I went, I was about the only one wearing a mask. It was frightening. I knew then the numbers would skyrocket and the bad thing is people are still not wearing masks as a political stance. Just craziness. That state is going to the dogs.
koreanair720 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by David7
The Bar has returned to ATL F/D27 as of 6/26. I’d assume it’s back in A as well but didn’t visit yesterday.
cmd320 and dtwlarry like this.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 12:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped into A17 earlier this week. The Club was actually crowded and there's no enforcement of who sits where. Also despite the signs that only two should use the elevator people were jamming themselves on in there. The Bar has returned but the only beer on tap is still Michelob Ultra and it's being served in four ounce plastic cups

Food spread is a little bit better than it was a month ago but still well below pre-COVID conditions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.