Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 12:07 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Great pictures, ClipperDelta!

I was at the JFK T4 club on March 16, the last trip I took before the lockdowns started happening in full force. I noticed all the renovations to this club; also, it was the first time in two years that the SkyDeck was unlocked and opened when I was there. I'm really glad that they didn't put a roof over the deck; I think the roof at the ATL F SkyDeck ruined its ambience.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:31 am

JFK looks like the airport from the Langoliers; a literal ghost town. Looks like you had the club almost all to yourself ClipperDelta.
DiverDave and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
JFK looks like the airport from the Langoliers; a literal ghost town. Looks like you had the club almost all to yourself ClipperDelta.
Very different from my recent ATL experience.
Yellowjj likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by cmd320
Very different from my recent ATL experience.
Delta seems to be routing connections through ATL right now, so that would explain it.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 1:05 am

update on SEA?

Originally Posted by gigglypug
The SEA club, by comparison had tons more staff who handled the coffee/tea/espresso options (also cup o noodles). There was a lot more variety for packaged food including shrink wrapped apples, prepackaged cheese and various snack mixes but absolutely NO alcohol (apparently by state regulations). SO for those looking to purchase entrance, you may want to verify what you’re getting for you $$$
If anyone has any update on SEA Sky Club, I'd love to hear.
Any packaged meal items, like salad, wrap, protein?
What about Ivar's chowder?

Since DL serves packaged Luvo wraps onboard, I'd love it if they had them available at Sky Club during Covid era.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Those pictures look seriously empty and sad, although the Caesar salad looks good in the case.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by ND76
My mistake. The United Club currently operates at that location (near gate A10).
I think the old CRC lounge is actually The Club now.

https://travellingtheworld.boardinga...rse-a-seattle/
Old Jun 12, 2020, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by evergrn

Since DL serves packaged Luvo wraps onboard, I'd love it if they had them available at Sky Club during Covid era.
I was there last weekend (June 6th) and they had some "prepackaged" items, but nothing as substantial as a Luvo wrap. They did have some halfhearted attempts at sandwiches - individually wrapped halves of a couple of different ham/etc, as well as some things like kind bars and almonds. Individual cans of soda and OJ were available grab and go as well.

No chowder, or anything else that would need to use a common utensil to serve - only prepackaged items.

JFK was similar - I was there for breakfast and they had individual containers of yoghurt, donut holes (three to a small box), and things like that.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Delta seems to be routing connections through ATL right now, so that would explain it.
When I was there last Friday afternoon most of the gates in the A concourse were active. I think B and C were shutdown; there was some activity at D and a couple of flights out of F.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ND76
When I was there last Friday afternoon most of the gates in the A concourse were active. I think B and C were shutdown; there was some activity at D and a couple of flights out of F.
Pretty sure C is still active. T, B and E are pretty much dead.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
This is so sad to see. I am glad people are not flying, and staying home and staying safe, but what a jarring image to see.

I think it will be a long time before flying returns to normal. I may do one flight this Summer, and then none until next spring at the earliest. I am hoping to go to a work conference in Prague next Summer, as well as a trip to England in the Summer. Maybe one or two other events as well - a trip to Dallas perhaps, but pretty much anywhere in my time zone (EST) I would prefer to drive to at this point instead of fly.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 7:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
This is so sad to see. I am glad people are not flying, and staying home and staying safe, but what a jarring image to see.

I think it will be a long time before flying returns to normal. I may do one flight this Summer, and then none until next spring at the earliest. I am hoping to go to a work conference in Prague next Summer, as well as a trip to England in the Summer. Maybe one or two other events as well - a trip to Dallas perhaps, but pretty much anywhere in my time zone (EST) I would prefer to drive to at this point instead of fly.
I've been on four flights in the last few weeks and the airports I've been in look very crowded but not packed. People are flying and one of my flights (Delta partner)was completely full. The sky club in LAX-2 had about 20 people at least steadily from 8am -11am both times I was there.. The hotel I was at wasn't packed but very crowded on memorial day weekend with pool parties. So, people are definitely traveling.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Is alcohol for purchase (champagne, wine, liquor) available in the ATL SkyClub now?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by David7
Is alcohol for purchase (champagne, wine, liquor) available in the ATL SkyClub now?
The complimentary stuff is definitely available. I did not see any menus or higher quality items displayed however it's possible they are still available. I didn't ask and didn't see anyone asking.
David7 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by evergrn

Anyone have any experience with Breakfast options at Sea Tac ? Are Sky Clubs reducing prices as a result of limited service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.