FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19
Old Sep 13, 2020, 9:47 am
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I had a similar experience in July. Had a flight around 9am, and total of 10 people there. I thought, what a sad state we are in. Even plane spotting on the sky deck was not great...planes taking off maybe every 10 min, and many of those were JetBlue. At least I did see an Emirates 380 parked at a gate.

Trying to find a positive, at least in the club with only 10 people, and all wearing masks, I didn’t have to listen to yet another boorish cellphone conversation
With NY’s quarantine restriction, it makes sense that there isn’t a lot of travel right now in the area. Until that lifts, I doubt there will be much traffic. Also JFK being heavily international, I’m sure that also massively impacts the traffic. In my travels a week ago I visited MIA, LAX, ATL, and MCO. LAX, ATL, and MCO were all quite busy, in fact T2 at LAX I would consider to be packed with deep security and check in lines and little social distancing. I got the heck out of there as fast as I could, even with my N95 on, I was somewhat uncomfortable.

Surprised you saw an EK A380. I was under the impression they were only going to LHR and CDG at the moment.