Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2020, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
My last several flights the skyclubs were almost empty, which was excellent for me. I wonder what Delta plans on doing when bookings really start picking up? I'm hoping they limit the capacity to 50% or have an area just for folks wearing masks. I don't want anybody sitting by me without a mask chatting away on the phone
It really just depends on the lounge. The A17 club in ATL was getting very busy back before the other A and B clubs had reopened. Any time I have a while in ATL I try to head out to F as it tends to be much quieter. I would guess the non-hub clubs are also much quieter.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I would think they will have to have capacity limits and social distancing with chairs blocked off or removed.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
I would think they will have to have capacity limits and social distancing with chairs blocked off or removed.
I'm not sure, because another poster on flyer talk mentioned that some passengers were invading her space even though there was more than enough room for them to find their own cubby hole. I intentionally spread out all of my personal belongings across four chairs in the back to help prevent people from sitting beside me. There's a lot of idiots in the world and I guess I always attract them.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've noticed (before COVID-19) that often a lounge appears crowded when one first enters, but if you continue to the back or to other somewhat more hidden areas, it's empty. Unfortunately this no longer applies in MSP F/G for the area near the old G entrance that once (RIP sadly) was the quiet zone.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I'm not sure, because another poster on flyer talk mentioned that some passengers were invading her space even though there was more than enough room for them to find their own cubby hole. I intentionally spread out all of my personal belongings across four chairs in the back to help prevent people from sitting beside me. There's a lot of idiots in the world and I guess I always attract them.
‘Twas I (he/him) lol....yes they were laughing and talking loudly and coughing droplets in my area too which was disrespectful...in the lounges like on the plane after each sip and bite I put my mask back on. I ended up moving my location.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
LGA Sky Club in Term D is now open (apprantly)

Flying out of LGA this Friday and was reviewing my itinerary to make sure everything was in order. I noticed that Delta is now indicating the LGA sky club open is the one in Term D. The latest DL corona virus sky club update has Term D listed--no mention of the previous usage of Club in C. Also I confirmed the same information is showing in the Delta App.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-u...skyclub-update

I'll find out soon enough but if anyone is flying to LGA take notice. Ironically Delta has switched over to D club while the public bus stop at Term D has now been closed for Construction per MTA.
Planned Work
Posted: 6/22/20 12:00 AM
Until further notice
M60 SBS Q48, Q70 SBS and Q72 stop at Terminal D remains closed due to construction
Old Jul 30, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by rylan
ATL F last week had certain sections/seats blocked completely (which would be anti-social distancing, but less to clean I guess) as well as certain conjoining tables in the open sections blocked for families. Overall it wasn't crowded though.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by mridley2
Flying out of LGA this Friday and was reviewing my itinerary to make sure everything was in order. I noticed that Delta is now indicating the LGA sky club open is the one in Term D. The latest DL corona virus sky club update has Term D listed--no mention of the previous usage of Club in C. Also I confirmed the same information is showing in the Delta App.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-u...skyclub-update

I'll find out soon enough but if anyone is flying to LGA take notice. Ironically Delta has switched over to D club while the public bus stop at Term D has now been closed for Construction per MTA.
Planned Work
Posted: 6/22/20 12:00 AM
Until further notice
M60 SBS Q48, Q70 SBS and Q72 stop at Terminal D remains closed due to construction
It's open. I flew out of LGA term D on Sunday and SkyClub is open. Full bar and lots of pre-packaged food.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 8:53 am

Confirming, BNA is open.

Club is pretty depressing now though. All the windows are gone, and the expansion has been put on hold. So it is a bit stuck in limbo. But still thrilled it’s back.

And, the schedule at BNA is finally respectable again after being down to as low as just 5 flights a day before.

Last edited by HeadInTheClouds; Aug 2, 2020 at 9:46 am
Old Aug 2, 2020, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
Confirming, BNA is open.

Club is pretty depressing now though. All the windows are gone, and the expansion has been put on hold. So it is a bit stuck in limbo. But still thrilled it’s back.

And, the schedule at BNA is finally respectable again after being down to as low as just 5 flights a day before.
How is alcohol being served nowadays, I'll be there in a couple weeks. The last time I went through it was self serve which I imagine is an issue with the virus
Old Aug 2, 2020, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
How is alcohol being served nowadays, I'll be there in a couple weeks. The last time I went through it was self serve which I imagine is an issue with the virus
Didn’t notice as it was early in the morning. But I have never seen self serve alcohol at BNA - it has always been served from the bar IME. Coffee was all out and self serve though. FWIW, LAX T2 has been doing self serve alcohol throughout COVID though.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 9:41 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
DTW, which has always been self service for alcohol, actually had a bartender inside a roped off area by the alcohol and signage indicating masks were required at the serving station. This was this past Friday.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some of these differences must be due to local COVID-19 regulations, just as some places forbid alcohol to be self serve.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
Confirming, BNA is open.

Judging by how bad the concourses at BNA look right now with all the stalled construction I imagine being anywhere else is a relief.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by bonoman
DTW, which has always been self service for alcohol, actually had a bartender inside a roped off area by the alcohol and signage indicating masks were required at the serving station. This was this past Friday.
The only club I've been in since March that has self-serve liquor, wine and tap beer is LAX T2. As you indicated, DTW has bartender service because of the local COVID regulations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.