Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I really don't know the answer to this.

I received an email today saying that since my trip takes me to ORD, that I can visit and enjoy the Polaris Lounge.

Here is my situation: I normally terminate at ORD for all my international flights and go straight home. On this trip, I am on SYD-SFO-ORD, so I terminate in Chicago. Since I will have already gone through customs and immigration in SFO and land in the domestic terminal at ORD, I could conveniently go to the Polaris Lounge.

I know that if I had another connection after ORD that it would be allowed.

Does anyone know if this is "legal" or will I be told to pound sand and go away?
I had a similar itin once and stopped in for a "snack." No push-back to enter.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Pretty certain you have access as you are traveling on an itinerary with the international segment in Polaris (UA metal).

Does anyone know if this is "legal" or will I be told to pound sand and go away?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Here is my situation: I normally terminate at ORD for all my international flights and go straight home. On this trip, I am on SYD-SFO-ORD, so I terminate in Chicago. Since I will have already gone through customs and immigration in SFO and land in the domestic terminal at ORD, I could conveniently go to the Polaris Lounge.

This is clearly answered in the wiki. Arrival (aka, the termination point of your itinerary being ORD on the outbound or return) qualifies you for Polaris Lounge access provided your international flight into/out-of SFO is on UA metal. *A partner flights will not qualify you, nor will first/business on SFO-ORD on UA by itself.

Enjoy the Polaris Lounge. It's fantastic.

-RM
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA GS/2M Miles, AA 1M Miles
The Polaris Trainwreck

Just arrived at ORD Polaris for my trip to Paris on a Sunday. Yet again, no seats available. Sadly it's the new norm. Whatever United was attempting to accomplish with the Polaris lounge is failing miserably. This place looks more like the Newark United club at 4pm on a Thursday than an international lounge. Not relaxing. Not satisfying. Not a wonderful experience.....even more depressing is the memory of the First/Global lounge that died so this piece of mediocrity could open. This is NOT enhancing my travel experience.

The continued downward march of United's travel experience for heavy fliers is truly sad.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kwb007
Just arrived at ORD Polaris for my trip to Paris on a Sunday. Yet again, no seats available. Sadly it's the new norm. Whatever United was attempting to accomplish with the Polaris lounge is failing miserably. This place looks more like the Newark United club at 4pm on a Thursday than an international lounge. Not relaxing. Not satisfying. Not a wonderful experience.....even more depressing is the memory of the First/Global lounge that died so this piece of mediocrity could open. This is NOT enhancing my travel experience.

The continued downward march of United's travel experience for heavy fliers is truly sad.
Is there any sharing of tables for solo travelers in evidence? I'd hope that those who are traveling alone could have a meal alongside others, just as onboard the aircraft.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Why can so many others do this? Honestly, between the lack of lounge space and seat upgrades that will be done in a decade, I may jump ship. I fly paid J, and that delta 1, SQ, NH (gpu to F), LX lounges and flights are sounding better. Never.....ever have I seen an LH senator lounge at >80% full. Why, why united?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
UA is expanding the Polaris lounge. Hopefully that will mollify the problem, and UA will learn their lesson in constructing the new lounges.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
UA is expanding the Polaris lounge. Hopefully that will mollify the problem, and UA will learn their lesson in constructing the new lounges.
I'd be curious to know how many people using the Polaris lounge are flying UA metal vs. non-UA metal. That'd be a (potentially) good starting point for trying to figure out a way to cull the number of people in the lounge.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Source or link on that by chance?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:19 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
Although I am not the OP, I can verify this as I spoke to members of the GS team last Tuesday and they stated that it will be expanding.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
"A United spokeswoman said today the Polaris lounge expansion at O'Hare is scheduled to done by the end of 2017, with the adjacent, reconfigured United Club near Gate C16 expected to open 'in early 2018.'"

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...-at-ohare.html
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
This is where I read that: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/06/30/united-polaris-lounge-chicago-expansion/

The article contains sources.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
This is where I read that: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ago-expansion/

The article contains sources.
Fantastic news
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: United GS/MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
I'd never seen such a full lounge, I had to wait 20 minutes just to get a seat.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
"A United spokeswoman said today the Polaris lounge expansion at O'Hare is scheduled to done by the end of 2017, with the adjacent, reconfigured United Club near Gate C16 expected to open 'in early 2018.'"

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...-at-ohare.html
Either they're expanding into new space, doing something really elaborate, or dealing with Chicago unions if it's going to take another 6+ months to finish the United Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.