Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Don't know about the polaris lounge, but IIRC... I think you get BA lounge access via traveling in Business.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
I think you have to be on a Polaris flight to get into the Polaris lounge . . . .
No -- departing on *A international premium cabin also qualifies.

But EI is not *A

UA also allows arriving Polaris Class passengers access.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Don't know about the polaris lounge, but IIRC... I think you get BA lounge access via traveling in Business.
Yup, I know I'll definitely get BA lounge access - but the BA lounge is like Laguardia compared to the Polaris lounge, so I'd prefer not to have to wander over to terminal 5 too early if necessary.

And the inbound flight is just a short hop (in domestic F), so no polaris access off that ticket specifically, unfortunately.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Since you'll be arriving UA domestic, might as well give it a shot. But given that it's not within published rules I would not be optimistic. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:25 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Visited Polaris Lounge on the way to Europe, but now I'm going back to Canada.

From what I've read, I take in no access for just domestic First, and only on arriving flight at that (don't see myself clearing as Gold with 2 FC seats left 24 hours before the flight).
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Visited Polaris Lounge on the way to Europe, but now I'm going back to Canada.

From what I've read, I take in no access for just domestic First, and only on arriving flight at that (don't see myself clearing as Gold with 2 FC seats left 24 hours before the flight).
Are you on the same itinerary coming back from Europe? Are you arriving to ORD in Polaris? If so you'd have access regardless of whether the upgrade to Canada clears, which wouldn't help you anyway because it's not Polaris.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:09 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by villox
Are you on the same itinerary coming back from Europe? Are you arriving to ORD in Polaris? If so you'd have access regardless of whether the upgrade to Canada clears, which wouldn't help you anyway because it's not Polaris.
Ya, thanks, already determined I'm not getting in. Europe trip was in May, this is trip to Asia, but Polaris doesn't happen until DEN flight next day, next day being key @:-)
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Ya, thanks, already determined I'm not getting in. Europe trip was in May, this is trip to Asia, but Polaris doesn't happen until DEN flight next day, next day being key @:-)
is "next day" within 24 hours of when you'll be at ORD? If so you can present the bp for that flight and get in.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:45 am
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
The United page says you get Polaris access when flying business on any star alliance international flight.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Mdanner423
The United page says you get Polaris access when flying business on any star alliance international flight.
Not exactly. The rule is you get Polaris if you are either (i) departing in UA Polaris within 24 hours, or (b) departing from the airport with the Polaris lounge (currently only ORD) on a *A partner operated international flight.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:19 pm

We got in around 3p Now at 413 and it is a zoo

Not read anything about the nice private bathrooms. Can't wait for ithe Houston Polaris to debut. Awesome table service too
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Premier 1K (Former CO Plat)
Is Polaris lounge a little too exclusive?

It appears that if my wife is flying business class from Newark to Paris and my upgrade didn't come through, I will not be allowed to join her in the Polaris lounge even though I am a 1K and a lifetime United club member. This seems a little too strict and unreasonable.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by skymaster
It appears that if my wife is flying business class from Newark to Paris and my upgrade didn't come through, I will not be allowed to join her in the Polaris lounge even though I am a 1K and a lifetime United club member. This seems a little too strict and unreasonable.
Good thing for you is that there isn't a Polaris Lounge in EWR so she won't be able to access one either.

And to answer your question, I don't think it is restrictive, if you want to pay for business you can use the lounge, otherwise you have the UC. I could maybe see UA opening it to PS business and GS on domestic first or maybe on PS Y (or whatever they call it today) but other than that I don't see them opening it to 1Ks in Y
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by N104UA
I could maybe see UA opening it to PS business and GS on domestic first or maybe on PS Y (or whatever they call it today) but other than that I don't see them opening it to 1Ks in Y
The most recent input I have received from GS is that there is currently no plan to allow GS members on domestic F or PS BF to access Polaris Clubs.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof
The most recent input I have received from GS is that there is currently no plan to allow GS members on domestic F or PS BF to access Polaris Clubs.
The Polaris Clubs are going to be really crowded just with the international J pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.