Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct, 2017

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT or NRT-ORD-EWR
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. EWR-ORD-NRT

Hours- 4:30a - 10:45p

*Currently it appears that any departing international flight on an *A partner qualifies (except AC operated transborder flights ), but only United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' or 'Polaris First' will qualify for entrance after arriving off a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.

Similar / Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges(wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?
Print Wikipost

Old May 31, 2018, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS

Media previews today. Here are some early pics from twitter:

Old May 31, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Picture from new lounge--

https://pizzainmotion.boardingarea.c...718.1520100041

Sadly, I was not able to be there this morning.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: All the programs!
UA's press release: A New Star in the Airport Lounge Scene: The United Polaris Lounge Opens at Newark Liberty International Airport - May 31, 2018

Link to photos: United - Newsroom - Photos
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I attended the media event yesterday and it's a spectacular lounge, though the configuration is more dense than at SFO -- it's going to be packed in the evenings. Overall, United has done a superb job. The only thing I was not able to try was the restaurant, but I'm looking forward to returning as a customer in a few days.

Still can't believe this space used to be the United Club.

I have written a complete in-depth review for loungereview.com: https://loungereview.com/first-look-...k-ewr-airport/

DISCLAIMER: I contribute to loungereview.com.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
For those interested, here's the layout of the EWR Polaris lounge in a brochure from today's preview:

As noted above, the lounge is packed quite densely, trade-off due to larger kitchen, more restrooms, and shower suites. Overall, very good improvement.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Polaris lounge EWR -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Since it's opening, though I'd start a new thread. WIll get to use this new PL in just a few days!
Copied wiki from ORD PL thread.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
I was there on Jun 1 and I really loved it.
The food tasted much better than the food at the Polaris SFO.
Click here to see all the pics!!

It's a great lounge!!!

United Polaris Lounge EWR!
FriendlySkies and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Wonder if people flying Polaris out of EWR today get bears on the plane
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Wonder if people flying Polaris out of EWR today get bears on the plane
Seems likely, guess we'll hafta hear from someone!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:00 am

*A gold member flying out of IAH same-day on EVA Business in late June. I'm flying through EWR->IAH first though. Any chances they'll let me enter the Polaris lounge? I know the official rules are no, but I was wondering how flexible they were with that
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by alsaire
*A gold member flying out of IAH same-day on EVA Business in late June. I'm flying through EWR->IAH first though. Any chances they'll let me enter the Polaris lounge? I know the official rules are no, but I was wondering how flexible they were with that
I doubt it very much, however there is a chance the IAH Polaris lounge might be open by then, depending on how late in June you're flying. The unofficial word is that it will open in three weeks.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
I was at the Polaris lounge yesterday morning after coming in on BOM-EWR. Got to kill an hour or there before going to my connecting flight. It's a very nice lounge, and all the employees were genuinely excited about it being the first day. I am looking forward to seeing the IAH one open - I'll get to use it late July.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever
Originally Posted by pigx5
I was there on Jun 1 and I really loved it.
The food tasted much better than the food at the Polaris SFO.
Click here to see all the pics!!

It's a great lounge!!!

United Polaris Lounge EWR!
The lounge looks great and I'm looking forward to trying some of the food but it looks like a truly miserable selection of draft beers. Hope they have something better in bottles.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by luke5111
The lounge looks great and I'm looking forward to trying some of the food but it looks like a truly miserable selection of draft beers. Hope they have something better in bottles.
Indeed, although I can't see anything in pics above.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Indeed, although I can't see anything in pics above.
Poked through pigx5's pictures and found this:

Handles are Guinness, Modelo Especial, Stella, Ommegang Witte, Yuengling, and Miller Lite. Eh. Good news is there are still two openings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.