Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
So go the pop-up into a permanent lounge? Still too small IMO. I really would wish that a rumor I had heard for the original plan (build it above office space after security) would have worked. Heck, they might as well put it where the C3 security checkpoint used to be, given it's been closed forever...
Yes unless they grow the footprint from the pop-up it's not large enough. It's also way too sunny in the morning.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
So go the pop-up into a permanent lounge? Still too small IMO. I really would wish that a rumor I had heard for the original plan (build it above office space after security) would have worked. Heck, they might as well put it where the C3 security checkpoint used to be, given it's been closed forever...
N - the C-124 popup is not permanent. There is construction above the area at the end of the C-3 concourse. That is where I was told a new club would be. It's very near where the international in-transit lounge that never opened was supposed to be, on the same level as where passengers walk from arrival gates to the CBP hall. Re: the C3 checkpoint, for a while they were talking about putting new shops there. There is construction going on there at this time and based on the signs it seems that there may in fact be an updated checkpoint coming. Time will tell.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
N - the C-124 popup is not permanent. There is construction above the area at the end of the C-3 concourse. That is where I was told a new club would be. It's very near where the international in-transit lounge that never opened was supposed to be, on the same level as where passengers walk from arrival gates to the CBP hall. Re: the C3 checkpoint, for a while they were talking about putting new shops there. There is construction going on there at this time and based on the signs it seems that there may in fact be an updated checkpoint coming. Time will tell.
I've heard the area will be a combination of retail, offices and a GS-exclusive security checkpoint. I have to believe it's nearing completion...
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by EWR764
I've heard the area will be a combination of retail, offices and a GS-exclusive security checkpoint. I have to believe it's nearing completion...
Why would there be a "GS-exclusive security checkpoint" at the far end of the C-3 concourse??
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by physioprof
Why would there be a "GS-exclusive security checkpoint" at the far end of the C-3 concourse??
"Surprise and Delight"

Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:19 am

It would be adjacent to the GS checkin lobby similar to the security layout prior to the opening of the centralized checkpoint.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
It would be adjacent to the GS checkin lobby similar to the security layout prior to the opening of the centralized checkpoint.
I think I must be confused about where this is supposed to be. It is going to be at the far end of C-3 down by the 130s gates, or at the near end of C-3 by the regular security screening areas?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:06 am

I think I must be confused about where this is supposed to be. It is going to be at the far end of C-3 down by the 130s gates, or at the near end of C-3 by the regular security screening areas?
Think something more along the lines of the original configuration when the GS lobby opened at EWR a few years ago. I caveat this by saying this information only comes from an informal discussion with a UAL employee on another topic. I haven't seen or heard anything to corroborate it.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:07 am
Suspended

Think something more along the lines of the original configuration when the GS lobby opened at EWR a few years ago. I caveat this by saying this information only comes from an informal discussion with a UAL employee on another topic. I haven't seen or heard anything to corroborate it.
At GS check in this morning for my flight to Narita there was a sign that said the GS reception area was moving upstairs soon....
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by TheDesigner
At GS check in this morning for my flight to Narita there was a sign that said the GS reception area was moving upstairs soon....
Interesting. I was discussing the area at C-2 (landside) where the concourse exit, several escalators, AirTrain entrance, GS lobby and security checkpoint entrance all sort of converge at the same point, which is a pretty poor layout. A lot of paths crossing in the same place. I was told the GS reception would be once again connected directly to security, but I just assumed the lobby itself would stay in place.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Interesting. I was discussing the area at C-2 (landside) where the concourse exit, several escalators, AirTrain entrance, GS lobby and security checkpoint entrance all sort of converge at the same point, which is a pretty poor layout. A lot of paths crossing in the same place. I was told the GS reception would be once again connected directly to security, but I just assumed the lobby itself would stay in place.
A new checkin area is under construction on teh top level (#3) to the left of the 1K / Polaris checkin area (as one faces airside). I suspect that is the new GS area. There is also supposedly an elevator being constructed for the new checkin area. I have nt seen that yet.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
What's the rule for connecting passengers on other airlines? For example, what if I am flying LHR-ORD on the afternoon flight in Polaris, and then connecting the next morning on AA in Y to somewhere else (same ticket)? Would they allow me access since I am on arrival within 24 hours?

Also, will they let me in with proof of itinerary but no boarding pass. For instance, if I arrive at 7am and can't check in for ANA ORD-HND, will they let me in on presentation of my NH ORD-HND C itinerary or will I have to wait for NH check-in to open?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I have a weird access question that I can't figure out the answer to. I'm flying ORD-YYZ tomorrow, and YYZ-IAH-NRT-BKK the day after (all in J), and my YYZ-IAH flight leaves less that 24h after my ORD-YYZ flight, so I could already have my polaris business boarding pass. Would that be enough to get access?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Unfortunately you will may not have access; you must have a same day boarding pass to access the Polaris lounge but it appears YMMV and within 24 hours may qualify as well. Good luck!

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/access.aspx

Originally Posted by segiddins
I have a weird access question that I can't figure out the answer to. I'm flying ORD-YYZ tomorrow, and YYZ-IAH-NRT-BKK the day after (all in J), and my YYZ-IAH flight leaves less that 24h after my ORD-YYZ flight, so I could already have my polaris business boarding pass. Would that be enough to get access?

Last edited by 764toHI; Dec 18, 2017 at 9:23 am Reason: Changed to reflect comments below
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:13 am
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Unfortunately you will not have access; you must have a same day boarding pass to access the Polaris lounge.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/access.aspx
Note it states the same for UC admission where UA has regularly enforced "same day" as within 24 hours. And has not required being on the same PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.