Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

Polaris tracker made an update for the LAX Polaris Lounge with an actual date attached. January 12th will be the Grand Opening Date for said Polaris Lounge
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Recent Pic

Originally Posted by InterPlace55
Polaris tracker made an update for the LAX Polaris Lounge with an actual date attached. January 12th will be the Grand Opening Date for said Polaris Lounge
Took this yesterday when passing through LAX... (And minor point, I hope one can also use the staircase that used to be on the opposite side of the rotunda... the idea of having to wait for an elevator to take you up and down seems inefficient).
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
Took this yesterday when passing through LAX... (And minor point, I hope one can also use the staircase that used to be on the opposite side of the rotunda... the idea of having to wait for an elevator to take you up and down seems inefficient)...
It'll be interesting to see configuration upstairs. Hopefully they'll have a hallway running between stairs and elevator and lounge entrance between 'em. They'll need stair access when elevator occasionally breaks down.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wondering, if there will be a lounge preview event, maybe the day before (1/11) ?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I assume it's going to be in the TBIT. How convenient will it be for pax arriving on an international flight and continuing on domestic?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by phkc070408
I assume it's going to be in the TBIT. How convenient will it be for pax arriving on an international flight and continuing on domestic?
It's in T7.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
It's in T7.
And as such, for folks flying onward domestically, it will be very convenient to get to.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by phkc070408
Of Polaris-eligible flights, usually only SYD/MEL arrive at TBIT, and all depart from T7.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Last time I arrived internationally in LAX, it was T7 but after we cleared customs, it dumps you out into the baggage claim area. I didn't have a domestic connecting flight (although wanted to swing by the UC quick before I drive home), but as far as I could determine, you have to go back through security at that point. Not sure if there will be any changes to that?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tstauck
Last time I arrived internationally in LAX, it was T7 but after we cleared customs, it dumps you out into the baggage claim area.
Well of course it did. That's what happens at every US airport. You need an onward departing BP to clear security and return airside.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
My only chance to try this new Polaris lounge was December 28, 2018 - after the promised date but before the delivery date. I will not be in Polaris for my return flight and have no flights in 2019 scheduled through LAX (well still have some November and December flights to schedule but unlikely to be through LAX). Looking forward to reading the reviews from afar! Since it will be for LHR/SYD/MEL flights that is early opening time (for arrivals connecting domestically) from SYD and until late in the evening for the departures to SYD. Do not know the MEL times and LHR is early evening departure and arrival. Is the lounge really going to be 6am - 10pm, or do you think it may be closed during the day?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Is the lounge really going to be 6am - 10pm, or do you think it may be closed during the day?
It should be open all day. There are UA flights to NRT and PVG mid-day. There will also be connecting traffic heading to SFO and the other hubs.
MatthewLAX and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
...or do you think it may be closed during the day?
It'll be open thru day as it handles the mid-day/afternoon TPAC and TATL arrivals and domestic connections.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
My only chance to try this new Polaris lounge was December 28, 2018 - after the promised date but before the delivery date. I will not be in Polaris for my return flight and have no flights in 2019 scheduled through LAX (well still have some November and December flights to schedule but unlikely to be through LAX). Looking forward to reading the reviews from afar! Since it will be for LHR/SYD/MEL flights that is early opening time (for arrivals connecting domestically) from SYD and until late in the evening for the departures to SYD. Do not know the MEL times and LHR is early evening departure and arrival. Is the lounge really going to be 6am - 10pm, or do you think it may be closed during the day?
Hope that it is not closed during the day. Will be flying in Polaris on May 22, 2019 LAX-SYD (UA839) for Oz Fest 19 (Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019) with Mrs DELee!

David
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Received email invitation today for LAX Polaris Lounge Preview on Friday, Jan 11th. 2,500 miles for 2 hour entry.

Would really like to go, but thought of LA traffic to LAX and back on a Friday make it less appealing. And if you can't drink (since you're driving), why bother? (And flying domestic out of LAX on Monday... so close!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.