Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
SFO Polaris Lounge Reopened - 4 January 2022

United Airlines Unveils United Polaris Lounge at San Francisco International Airport
Lounge is first of four United Polaris lounges expected to open this year

SAN FRANCISCO, April 25, 2018
-- Beginning April 30, customers traveling in United Polaris, the airline's international premium cabin travel experience, will be able to relax and dine prior to their travels or refresh upon arrival in the new United Polaris lounge at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) conveniently located in the International Terminal near Gate G92.
United Polaris Lounge at SFO Facts & Highlights
  • Two levels across more than 28,000 square feet
  • 440 seats
  • 19 different types of seating
  • 492 power outlets and 492 USB ports
  • 8 pieces of art by prominent Bay Area artists, all San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) Society for the Encouragement of Contemporary Art (SECA) Art Award honorees
  • 5 private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
  • 8 luxurious shower suites, featuring rainfall showers and Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
  • Personal valet services, including steaming garments
  • "The Dining Room" a private restaurant style dining area with a menu designed by Chef Tritia Gestuvo, a California native, that blends international comfort foods such as a traditional Chinese congee breakfast and hand-cut pappardelle pasta with mushroom ragout with staples like the United Polaris Burger
  • A bistro-like buffet that includes a ramen noodle bar in the afternoon and additional unique-to-San Francisco treats that align with the flight schedule and destinations of United and Star Alliance partners
  • Cocktails inspired by the Bay Area, including the Mai Tai, invented in Oakland in 1944, and the Pisco Punch, featuring pisco which became all the rage during the California Gold Rush of 1849
For more photos of the United Polaris lounge at SFO, visit the United Newsroom
Originally Posted by djsflynn
... Also and for those interested, here's a link to download a PDF (10.5MB) copy of the Polaris SFO menus, as provided to media in the press pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjv4i9s97g...0Menu.pdf?dl=0
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct 2017
Trans-border flights (Canada, Mexico, ..) for UA and partner flights do not qualify

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. SFO-TPE
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. LAX-SFO-NRT or NRT-SFO-LAX
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. NRT-SFO

Hours - 6:30 a.m. 10:30 p.m. daily
reportedly a la carte dining closes at 9PM

Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr, old GFL is intl prem cabin lounge
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Best SFO United Club?
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum

Video supposedly from the SFO Polaris lounge -- possibly a leak but seems legit.

https://t.co/ysmih479RZ
narvik likes this.

Last edited by Ryu2; Apr 24, 2018 at 12:49 am
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
wonder if the food will be better than amex lounge. i'll check it out on my flight 5/1 sfo-tpe polaris
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 24 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by Ryu2
Video supposedly from the SFO Polaris lounge -- possibly a leak but seems legit.

Monday was employee preview day.
Wednesday is media preview day.
Friday is Mileage Plus Exclusives preview day (I wil be there)
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by Ryu2

Link to higher res video.

I planned a long layover in SFO for April 30th and my GPU cleared.
Looks like I'll be there for opening day.
rittenhousesq and narvik like this.

Last edited by oopl; Apr 24, 2018 at 7:42 am
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Looks like the official release is out.

SAN FRANCISCO, April 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Beginning April 30, customers traveling in United Polaris, the airline's international premium cabin travel experience, will be able to relax and dine prior to their travels or refresh upon arrival in the new United Polaris lounge at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) conveniently located in the International Terminal near Gate G92.
Photos here: United - Newsroom - Photos

United Airlines Unveils United Polaris Lounge at San Francisco International Airport - Apr 25, 2018
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Im looking forward to trying a Pisco Punch.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I visited the lounge today--all I can say is WOW. This is really beautiful. Hopefully the furniture is of good quality and will age well, because I don't think it will ever go out of style. I'm really impressed and crowding should no longer be an issue.

I've posted a few pictures on my blog (DISCLAIMER). Tomorrow, I'll publish a full review.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Looking forward to reports (and pics, please!) TIA
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the photos, it doesn't appear they attempted cost-savings relative to ORD.

I am curious (and slightly pessimistic) about how the binoculars will hold up over time.

Love the idea, though.
(newsroom)
EWR764 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
re: Guest into SFO Polaris Lounge
As with the ORD Polaris lounge, once Polaris First is completely phased out, does that mean that no UA flight would qualify for guesting someone into a Polaris lounge?
Eventually, they'd have to amend that policy, no?
Added: I mean, it seems ridiculous that the only traveler who could then guest someone into a United Polaris lounge is someone NOT traveling on United?!?

Last edited by narvik; Apr 25, 2018 at 8:24 pm Reason: added
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by narvik
re: Guest into SFO Polaris Lounge
As with the ORD Polaris lounge, once Polaris First is completely phased out, does that mean that no UA flight would qualify for guesting someone into a Polaris lounge?
Eventually, they'd have to amend that policy, no?
Added: I mean, it seems ridiculous that the only traveler who could then guest someone into a United Polaris lounge is someone NOT traveling on United?!?
This guest rule is consistent with the *A rules when status is not considered which is the approach UA is using for Polaris Lounges. Of course could be more generous but so far no indication of that approach, at least until UA determines it has enough space and $$$ to be more generous (I'm not holding my breath).
narvik likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Gonna miss this by literally a day, on SFO-HKG on the 29th ( and my buddy is on SFO-NRT on Monday. totally not fair.
rerunree1 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
Gonna miss this by literally a day, on SFO-HKG on the 29th ( and my buddy is on SFO-NRT on Monday. totally not fair.
As far as your travel dates are concerned, it appears "YouWillRegretThis"!
Xyzzy, popoemt and wavid like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Can't wait to check this out on Friday! I got tickets for the 6-8pm slot.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Ill be there 2-4PM and also cant wait. Its been a long time coming but looks to have been worth the wait.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.